Status: I hope you will like my story. :)

Within Two Minutes

Who's calling?

*Phone’s ringing* “Yes? Who’s calling?” “Good evening. Is there Mrs. Bouvier?” said a strange voice in the telephone handset. “Of course, it’s me. What’s the matter?” “Police, here. Your son, Pierre, had an accident.” “W-wha-what? What are you talking about?” she said frightened. “A while ago he collided with a car driven by a drunk driver. He is in a serious condition.” the voice said. “Whe-where is he? Where?!” she screamed and sobbed. “Calm down, madam. If you wanna be with him he is in the St. Mary's Hospital.” “I’ll be there in a while.” She hung up.

In the hospital
David ran towards my parents in tears. “What happened? Where is he?” “Oh, I’m glad you came. He is still in the operating room.” she said. “Oh my god. It’s my fault. Today we wanted to celebrate our anniversary and he rushed probably and just …” David said and sobbed. Mum hugged him and said: “Don’t take the blame. He’s gonna be okay.” She consoled him.

*Doctor Fillmore’s coming* “How is he, doctor? Is he alright?” David went wild. “Are you his relatives?” “Yes, they are his parents and I’m his boyfriend.” David replied loudly. “So speak up!” “Okay, we can say we have him in control but he is in a serious condition. He has broken ribs, concussion, a few raws and I have to say … it's hard to say …” “What?! What?! Continue!” My dad, Réal, intervened in speech. “In the accident he suffered serious leg injuries … he will be confined to a wheelchair. I’m sorry about that.” Each of them wept. “Can we see him?” “Unfortunately not. He is in a coma. You can see him no sooner than tomorrow.” “What?? And is he gonna be alright? And when will he wake up?” Panic-stricken David asked. “I-I don’t know … maybe tomorrow, maybe in a week or moth … or can also occur such a situation of not waking up, too. This option can’t be ruled out.” Doctor said before he walked away.

David was walking back and forth around the corridor. He cried a lot. He banged his fist on the wall. Mum approached to him and rested her hand on his shoulder. “Calm down, Davey.” “I can’t, I can’t just, there’s my boyfriend in a serious condition and I wanna help him but there’s no way how!” “Hey, I’m his mother. You think we don’t want to help him? We want the same as you, David! He means a lot to us! He is our only son, we don’t wanna lose him as well as you!” Mother, Louise, almost screamed. David looked at her in tears again. “I’m sorry, Mrs Bouvier. I’m sorry.” He began to cry. “Oh, come on.” Mum pulled him into a tight embrace. “I’m just worried about him.” “I know, I know. Hush, don’t cry, okay? It’s really sad but Pierre is strong enough. Don't be afraid!” Then Réal came closer to them and said: “Here, guys, I brought some coffee to you.” He handed them the crucibles as he said. “Thank you.” “Thank you, Mr Bouvier.” David sighed and went to sit down. Different thoughts raced through in his mind. He was indeed sleepy. He sipped the coffee with his eyes closed.
“David, you should go home. I see you’re exhausted. You need some sleep. We'll wait here. You can come tomorrow, okay?” Father said and patted him on the shoulder. “No, no, I’ll stay here. What if he wakes up? And what if the doctor lets us go to him? I have to be here, really.” “You have to sleep, youngster.” “Sir, I love your son. I can’t leave.” David said firmly. “Well, if you say so.” He said with a sigh.

David and my parents were really tired. They had puffy eyes by crying and were really really weak. You know, to stay up all night is NOT so easy. But about 7 in the morning the doctor came to the hospital corridor. Everyone raised their eyes to find out if the coming man isn’t somebody else. Luckily not. They stood up quickly and ran up to him. “Oh, doctor Fillmore. Can we see him?” David asked. “Oh. Good morning. I’ll disappoint you. You can see him till tomorrow because of his condition. He lies in ICU and visits are limited there.” “Are you kidding me? Yesterday you said we can see him tomorrow and today everything is different. For the moment we will not be able to see him at all!” David shouted. “Do not be angry! We do what we can. In any case when his condition improves, I will give you certainly know, okay?” “Sure …” Mum interrupted their conversation. “Well, you can go home. If would something happened, we’d call you. Do you agree?” “Yeah, Doctor. And we’ll come tomorrow.” She said and walked off with David and with her husband in tow.

On the way home dad almost fell asleep at the wheel but fortunately nothing happened because if yes, that would be really coterminous.