Status: I hope you will like my story. :)

Within Two Minutes

Still nothing

A month passed and still nothing. I’m still in coma. David is the only one who keeps hoping I’ll wake up someday. Even mum and dad are losing hope. David doesn’t so often go to school because he can’t concentrate. He goes to me almost every day but still in the same way. He looks at me as I just lie and sleep.

“Only an hour, ok?” The doctor said in front of the door to ICU. “Yea, of course, as always.” David replied the doctor. “Unfortunately, his condition is not improving. He’s still in coma.” “Shit. When will he wake up? He sleeps a month, Doctor, a month! That’s not normal!” David shouted. “Keep calm, Mr. Desrosiers, we can't do anything to help him. And that he still does not wake, it doesn't facilitate our work. It’s worse and worse. I can’t change it.” Doctor Fillmore explained. “I’m sorry, I’m sorry… I’m just worried about him. You maybe don’t understand how it tears me up inside to not see his smile! You know, I LOVE the boy!” David screamed again. The doctor patted him on the shoulder. “I’m sorry, but his awakening is implausible!” “Thank you, what you said made me happy, really. I thought you will trust that he will be okay, again! Am I the only one?” David was incredibly angry. “No, I didn’t mean it like that. Just, you have to count on that doctors will want to disconnect him from the devices in the near future.” As doctor Fillmore finished, David's eyes filled with tears. “No, you can’t do that without OUR agreement and now I wanna see him, please.” David told him face to face firmly. The doctor looked at David confused before answered: “You can go in.” “Thanks.”

David walked up to me. He sat and held my hand. Absolutely devastated David looked at my face. “Pierre, if you only knew how hard it is to look at you when I can't kiss you. Sweetie, please wake up.” He rubbed my hand while telling. “You know, yesterday I thought about our beautiful memories. Do you remember as we played in the sand with that small boy and as you were angry because I tore down your sand castle? The memory makes me smile. Or as you showed me the new underpants with the ladybugs. Hah. Baby, we have a lot of unforgettable moments together and I don't wanna just throw it all away. Whom I would do such stupid things with as I did with you? Honey, please, wake up … I don’t wanna lose you … You can’t leave me here … Do you remember as you said that we will be together forever? Please, sweetheart … I love you …” he was crying all the time. He put my hand down and covered his face with his hands. “Come back to me! You know, I hate these beeping devices I want you by my side, love, just to hug you, to kiss you, to tell you to your eyes that I love you, honey, I can’t stand the pain.” He was drowning in his own tears. He spoke to me all the time.

The door opened. “It’s 8 pm, you have to go home.” Mr. Fillmore said. “Can I be here with him overnight?” “I think it’s impossible, just-“ “Please, doctor.” David looked at him imploringly. “You shouldn’t … okay, stay here, but I’m gonna check you every hour, okay?” “Surely, thank you.” “But try fall asleep, okay?” “Okay, bye.” “Goodbye.” As the door closed David approached back to me and kissed me on my forehead. “I love you, Pierre.” Then he sat on the floor. He took my hand again. “I miss your warm hugs and tender kisses … Good night, sweetie.” He kissed me on the back of the hand and rested his head on the bed. He deserved to rest.

It’s morning. About 7 a.m. David was still sleeping. My mum came to the room before David woke up. “Oh, sorry, David. Did I wake you up?” she asked. David opened his eyes swollen from crying and said: “That’s all right I–“ “Don’t say anything. Take your jacket and go home. You must sleep! You look terrible.” “Hmm, thank you.” David replied her. “You know I didn’t mean like that.” “I can’t go home, madam. I have to be there. With him.” “Come on, David. You are here all night. You must be very exhausted … at least take an apple.” Mum put out one of the big and juicy apples from a shopping bag. “Here you are! Take it!” She said and gave it to him. “Thank you.” David said before she reached out her hand and she was caressing him through his hair.