Status: I hope you will like my story. :)

Within Two Minutes

Hassle

Completely tired David went to me again. He’s got small puffy eyes and he’s weak now. He looks terrible. Maybe because of my condition, I don’t know.

“Oh, Mr Desrosiers, I have to talk to you before you go in.” Doctor Fillmore exclaimed and caught up with David. He turned. “What’s happening?” “You know, last night we had a meeting with other doctors … Sit down.” He made an offer before continuing. “A meeting with other doctors and talked about the condition of Mr. Bouvier. His long coma is incredible, it’s maybe about 5 months now, right? And…we barely keeps him alive … you know what I mean?” David mused a moment before saying: “No?” “Oh, okay. We came to the conclusion that to disconnect him from the devices is our only possibility.” The doctor said. “No, stop saying such nonsense! He will wake up, I know it!” David raised his voice. “No, no, you don’t understand, damn it! We try the best to keep him alive and now it’s impossible! He won’t wake up! It’s too late! His condition is terrible! You know what I mean?” The doctor screamed so loudly that passers-by were turning at him confused. “Fine. You don’t have a heart, Mr. Fillmore! You don’t know what love is! He has a family, he has many people around which love him! So STOP talking about his dying! You can’t disconnect him, understand? You can’t!” David screamed really loudly and cried a lot, too. Then he stood up. “Sit down, David. I'll have to discuss with you about-“ “No, about nothing! My answer is NO! You WON’T disconnect him, okay?” The doctor stood up, too. “Hey, David, what is better? To disconnect him or to keep him on life support but he would never wake up? What is better possibility?” Fillmore shouted and pointed at David. Now David responded rather calmly. “Without our agreement you can do nothing, doctor.” “But his parents agreed.” “What? Are you kidding me?” “I asked them yesterday.” “Oh. That’s great, really.” David answered ironically, sighed and then continued: “Doctor, please, you can’t do that. Give him time. Please. He will wake up, I believe it. He need some time.” “Two days.” Doctor replied. “No, a week.” “Three days and the dot. Agreed?” “Well, three days.” David decided. “So, you can go in.” “Thank you.” David gave him a small smile.

David came nearer and kissed me on my forehead. “Hello, honey.” He said and sat next to my hospital bed. “We quarreled with the doctor a while ago. Hah, they want to disconnect you, allegedly it's the only possibility, I don’t believe that. You will wake up, right? You’re strong, sweetie. We need you here.” As he said he rested his head on my belly. “I love you…”

He was there with me for a long time, still talking to me. He could feel my slow heartbeat and my cold hands.

Yesterday he came, too. It was the second day of possibility of awakening. But I didn’t wake up. David was disappointed but still believed I’ll wake up – like the only one. My parents and even Jack visited me, too but they were ready for the worst. Actually I gave them a hard time.