Status: I hope you will like my story. :)

Within Two Minutes

Finally

Third (last) day of possibility of awakening
David walked down the hospital corridor and glimpsed the doctor Fillmore coming to my hospital room followed by another 3 doctors. They almost came in but David shouted: “Hey, stop, Doctor Fillmore!” He caught up with them. “Oh, Mr. Desrosiers, it’s the last day, we have to.” “Half an hour, only half an hour, please.” he petitioned. The doctor hesitated for a while before saying: “Okay, you can say goodbye to him. Guys, let’s go to the main nurses' for some coffee, yes?” They agreed and walked away, now, followed by the doctor Fillmore. “We’ll come for half an hour, David. You can say goodbye.” “Fine, only half an hour.” David didn’t respond to his last sentence about ‘goodbye’. It pissed him off.

As David came in he held both of my hands. “Pierre, darling, please, wake up. Baby, it’s your last chance, please, I don’t wanna lose you. No one believes you’ll be okay but I do! Sweetie, wake up, wake up.” He sobbed. His eyes were red from crying. “Poppet, I love, I love you so much... please!” He held my hands and fondled my cheek. “Sugar, wake up, we'll kick their asses because they wanted to disconnect you! But you WILL be ALRIGHT, I know it, honey, you’re strong!” He cried a lot. “I love you.” As he said he kissed me. I could feel his salty lips from crying. He sat on the chair next to me and looked at me. He was too exhausted but still believing. “Please, you can’t leave us.” As he finished he beheld my finger moved. “Honey?” David asked by surprise. I moved my finger again. “Pierre? Are you- A-re you-“ He stopped talking when he saw I opened my eyes slowly but in a while they were shut again because of the bright light. He stood up and touched my cheek with words: “You’re awake. Oh god, Pierre.” He was totally happy. I didn’t know who it is because I didn’t see yet. But I recognized him by his voice. “Da-vid?” I said barely and slowly while trying to open my eyes again. “Poppet? You’re here.” His smile was incredibly fascinating. “What happened?” I asked with a low and weak voice. “Where am I–? I continued. “Hush, be quiet. Don’t feeze.” “Wh-what am I do-doing here? Wha-what happened?” I was confused. “Shh.” He silenced me by giving his finger on my lips before he continued. “You had an accident, Pierre. A car accident. And you slept for almost two month.” “Oh, I am so hun-hungry.” David smiled a bit and I glimpsed the shinning smiling angel. “Don’t worry, honey. I’m gonna go for a doctor to say him you woke up, okay? I’ll be here in a minute.” “No, don’t go away.” I stammered and tried to reach out to David but I was too weak. My arm fell down on the bed. Then I gasped. David leaned down and covered my mouth by his hand. “Sweetie, I’ll be here for a brief moment, yeah? I have to call the doctor and your parents. They will be very happy to hear that you're okay.” I didn’t answer because I did not have enough strength. I watched only as David walked away.

*knock, knock* “Yes, come in.” “Mr. Fillmore, Pierre woke up.” David said smilingly. “Oh, that’s unbelievable!” Doctor Fillmore jumped from his chair. He was shocked. “Let’s go to him, quickly! And David, please, call his parents to come with all speed, okay?” “Sure, sure.” They were smiling all the time.

My parents came and were really happy I woke up, as David said. My mum kissed me all the time and they almost cried. The doctor regretted that he wanted to give up the fight of my life. All of them were smiling heartily and I tried to. But you know it was really hard to smile because every movement hurt me. My skin was too sensitive so every gentle touch was to me as a stabbing of thousand knives. And I didn’t feel my legs. I thought it was okay because the doctor with a bushy moustache said I won’t feel any parts of my body. So I paid no attention.

“Okay, guys, you have to leave, it’s almost 7 in the evening and we have to do a few more physical examinations.” Doctor Fillmore said. “Oh, okay, can we come tomorrow?” My mummy asked. “Yes, sure, you can come when you want.” The doctor answered. They made a queue to in front of my bed – Dad was first, behind mum was and the last one was David. “So bye, son. We’ll be here tomorrow.” Dad said and patted me on my shoulder lightly. “Pierre, baby, good bye, I love you, sonny,” Mum said and kissed my forehead. Then David approached. “Honey, we’ll come to visit you tomorrow. You have to be strong now, okay? I love you, sweetheart.” He kissed me on my lips. “I love you, too.” I stammered.