Status: I hope you will like my story. :)

Within Two Minutes

First day at home

3 months left and the doctors are ready to let me go home. I tried to stand on my feet several times but I didn't succeed. I wanted to prove to everyone that I can do it without wheelchair but unsuccessfully. I was really angry at myself. So those three months were like a hell for me. Several times I had a bad mood because of my failures that I was all obnoxious and rude at everyone. Despite all this, I knew that they meant well with me.

It’s 3 pm. and David should soon arrive. I’m sitting on the bed and giving things into my bag. “Oh, hi, Pierre, we can set off, your parents are waiting in the car.” David said after coming. He walked up, squatted and put his hands on my knees. “Are you ready, honey?” He asked and looked into my eyes. I sighed before saying: “Sure. We can go.” “Pierre, is something wrong?” I cast my eyes down. “No, but … I’m just afraid … you know, there’s so many people outside and they will look at me and I hate these weird looks.” I confessed my fears. “Pierre, look at me.” So I did. “Don’t care about weird looks of some people, no one knows your story of the past, okay? So promise me that you won’t care about it, okay?” I sighed and hesitated. “I don’t-“ “Pierre…” David interrupted me and warned. “Okay, I promise.” Those words finally came out of my mouth. “So come on, I’ll help you.” David kissed me and held my hands. He moved the wheelchair close. “Come along.” He propped me up and helped me to sit on. “So we can go.” I said. “Okay, I’ll take you the bag if you want.” “No, no, put it on my legs.” I answered and he did it. David was really kind. I was glad he doesn't restrict me.

At home
“So, welcome back home, baby!” My mummy said after opening the front door. I was really happy I was back at home. “Oh, here nothing has changed.” I told. “We didn't want to remake anything here for you to feel as good as before you were here last.” Daddy answered and helped me to get over the threshold into the hallway. David was following us. Fortunately, we had a single-storey house so it wasn’t so big problem to get somewhere. I always wooed my parents to build another storey – unsuccessfully but now I’m really glad I didn't succeed because to surmount the stairs for me would be a really big obstacle. “You can go to relax to your bedroom and I'm gonna make hot chocolate as you had always liked so much.” My smiling mummy told to me. She was a really pretty woman. “Okay, thank you, mom.” I smiled back and turned my head at David who was standing behind me.” “Come with me, honey, please.” “Okay.”

As David opened my bedroom’s door I grew sad. I sighed heavily. I was happy for being back home, that’s true, but my room, decorated by some basketball stuffs, like jerseys, cups, medals, posters of famous basketball players like Earvin Johnson or Larry Bird, made me almost cry. I knew I will never be able to play again. “What’s going on, Pierre? Is everything okay?” David asked solicitously. “No, no. That’s alright.” I said firmly and I drove the wheelchair towards my bed. I tried to move from the wheelchair on the bed but, honestly, it was hard. “Don’t you wanna help?” David asked, still standing in the doorway. “No, I can do it myself.” I said a bit vigorously. “Okay, try it.” I tried, really, but inability to stand on my feet very restricted me. So during my fifth attempt to get up, I fell back. “SHIT!” I was irate. I slammed my fist to the armrest and propped my head with that hand promptly. David approached instantly and squatted in front of me, again with his hands on my knees. “Pierre, come on.” I interrupted him by saying: “David, that’s awful! I can't handle anything now. It’s depressing.” I burst into tears. “Pierre, come to me.” David knelt down and pulled me into a tight embrace. “Pierre, I know it’s a big obstacle but you can do it, WE can do it. You’re not alone, we're here to help you to overcome it. We won’t let you down, okay?” “But it’s too hard, Davie.” “Pierre, I don’t want to hear any words which bring you down, okay?” “Sure, promise.” “This I wanted to hear.” He said before pulling away and kissing me. “Pierre, I want you to know that NOTHING will ever stop me from loving you.” I was touched.

“Madam, you don't have to make the hot chocolate, Pierre fell asleep after a grueling crying.” David said, coming to the kitchen. “Oh my god, why did he cry?” Frightened mum asked. “You know, for ambitious young boy will be difficult to overcome something like that.”