Status: I hope you will like my story. :)

Within Two Minutes

The life goes on (The last chapter)

The same day I was locked in my room for over an hour. It was enough for me to compare it in my mind. I went out of my room straight to the kitchen where all of them were sitting around the table. They looked up at me as I stayed in the doorway. “Is something wrong?” My dad asked and I replied in a moment. “No. I have to tell you something. I’m gonna go on. Fuck all those idiots around thinking about me God-knows-what. I’m decided. This is my life and I don’t wanna waste my time. We live only once and I want to enjoy my life.” They looked at me confused before I talked again: “You know, I remember what David told me one day - don’t give up on life when a problem comes traveling through just keep your head up and keep going on … I do! Maybe I can’t do everything but I have a perfect family I love and that's enough for me! I decided that I want to be in a paralympic basketball team. I certainly don’t want to quit playing basketball.” These two last sentences were for my dad so I turned at him. His eyes filled with tears. As I finished my speech they all went to me and hugged me tightly. I was happy. I AM happy. “This is our son who never gives up!” My dad exclaimed. “We love you, Pierrot.” My mommy said and kissed my forehead. “Sweetie, I knew you can do it. You’re the best. I love you, I really do.” David told happily and looked into my eyes. “Thank you. I love you, too. You opened my eyes and I now know my limits.” I smiled heartily and kissed him on his lips.

At the park
David and I lay in the grass. The look to the treetops and the sunbeams shining through is indescribable. I rested my head on David’s belly. He started stroking my hair. “Davie?” I asked. “What’s up, cutie?” David responded and underlay his head by hand. “I love you.” He smiled and answered: “I love you, too, Pierre.” “No, no. When I tell you I love you I don’t say it out of habit or to make conversation. I say it to remind you that you ARE the best thing that ever happened to me.” In that instant I turned my head and sat up. David did the same. “Why are you sitting up? Is something wrong?” David was afraid. I only took out of my pocket a tiny box. “Pierre?” David was confused. I opened the box and uncovered the silver ring. “Davie, will you marry me?” I asked and smiled widely. His eyes filled with tears and he wasn’t able to say a word. He smiled cordially. “Pierre? Are you kidding me? Of course, YES! Honey!” As he finished his sentence he hugged me tightly. I was afraid if he wanted to marry me or not because after all, I’m on the wheelchair and a wedding with it would be for him maybe ‘strange’, but he agreed. He made me totally happy. “I love you, Pierre, and I will love you forever, really.” He said and I smiled triumphantly.

Since the day everything goes well.
Since the day I go to watch Jack’s trainings and smile a lot.
Since the day I go to play a paralympic basketball. We won Championship, so, it’s another life success.
Since the day I’m incredibly happy with David. In the near future I'm gonna get married with him. We are already planning a big wedding.
Since the day I don’t take notice on my disability.

Since the day I have a great life.