Status: On going

I'm Just a Could've Been, Would've Been.

First Meetings.

My name is Aurora Dono and I have never been out of the country until today. I work for a magazine company as a photographer. I travel the states to capture photos of the some bands that are famous in America. I've been assigned to go to Sheffield to shoot some British band called Bring Me The Horizon. I've never heard of them until a week ago when my jerk off of a boss told me i'd be terminated or else I go to shoot one of the biggest tours in the world.
Warped tour.
The only difference is, is its being held in the UK which is a huge difference from the states apparently.The only things I know about Bring Me The Horizon is that they just came out with their third album 'There is a Hell Believe me I've seen it, There is a Heaven lets keep it a secret.' and that their first album was about them getting fucked and fucking girls. Disgusting. I was in over my head as my plane landed. I was going to be staying in their bus with 5 sweaty boys and some tech men that will be helping me out while I stay. I walked off my plane and collected my belongings. I scanned the crowd for someone named Corey, He was supposedly 6 ft and skinny with chin length blonde shaggy hair and green eyes. I felt someone grab my bag. I turned around ready to jump on the person trying to steal from me until my eyes met a mans holding a big white board that read 'Aurora'. I turned around and put my carry on down on the floor.
"Yeh must be Aurora?" he smiled holding out his hand. He was really handsome, he had a lip ring and some scruff on his cheeks. I smiled and shook his hand.
"And you're Corey right?" his ears perked up and he smiled nodding, pulling my luggage away to carry it for me.
"Righty O." he started to walk in the direction of the parking lot. I looked around and saw the dark sky and snow covered streets.
"What time is it?" I wondered since there was a time difference while I traveled from America.
"4:30am" he turned and smiled my way as my jaw dropped almost to the floor.
"I'm SO sorry I didn't know you had to stay up to get me." I covered my mouth with my hand. He cocked his head back and laughed a hearty loud laugh.
"'S alrigh' jus' Glad yeh got here okay, the boys re' sleepin' in the bus already, jus' waitin' for yeh' to get here so we can be on our way." he kept walking at the same pace as we approached the huge tour bus that read BMTH along the sides. I felt like a complete asshole since they had to wait for ME to leave for tour. As we got on the bus I didnt realize how big it was on the inside. I followed him to the last bunk down the hallway. he pulled open the curtain and placed my bags inside.
"This is where yeh' gunna be sleepin' Yeh' can prolly' find everythin' out tomorrow about the events an shit. Want a drink?" he nodded towards the small kitchen. I followed him looking around to the other 6 bunks as I passed by. I took a seat in the small kitchen in front of a table. Corey rustled in the cabinets as I took in the entire scene behold me. The bus was fairly clean, they had carpet on the floor and long narrow hallways that lead all the way to the other end of the bus. There was a tv and games sprawled across the couch. The sound the glass made when it hit the table brought me back to reality. I looked up at Corey who sat across from me. I nodded a thank you to him for the drink.
"So yeh the new photographer?" he said leaning in a little.
"Yeah I'm really excited, I've never really been out of the states before just all over there." I tapped my finger against the glass, fidgeting slightly
"'S yeh don' know much about the band yeh?" he smiled his lip ring glint in the dim lighting.
I smiled and shook me head.
"Alrigh' well there's Oliver who sings, Matt who plays drums, lee who plays gutair with Jona, and then there's Vegan who plays bass."
"Vegan? Is that a nickname?" Corey just smiled and nodded.
"His name is Matt too but it got a little confusing so we just call him Vegan." I laughed a little until I heard someone get out of their bunk. Corey's eyes diverted from mine to see who got up, his smile dropped slightly. I slowly turned my head to see a tall boy with dark brown hair and tattoos that ran up and down his arms he had a rose neck tattoo. He rubbed his eyes passing me then headed towards the fridge, obviously not noticing me. Corey noticed and turned.
"Oli this is Aurora, Our new photographer, shes gunna be stayin' wit' us during tour." He said glancing back and forth between Oli and I. Oli's ears perked up and he met my eyes.
"Like that erm Disney princess was it?" he said still rummaging through the frigde. I felt my eyes widen. Not a lot of people knew where my name was from. They all new it just as sleeping beauty not the princess' actual name. My heart fluttered slightly as he flashed me a grin.
"Was I right?" he said taking a seat on the couch across from the two of us with a beer in hand. I slowly nodded still shocked that he knew where my name was from. Corey kept his eyes on me as I turned back to face him.
"I didn't know that." he murmured.
"Well not a lot of people know the actual name of the princess." I smiled and half laughed. Corey's phone began to ring and he excused himself to the back of the bus. After he walked away I fiddled with my sleeve awkwardly.
"S' yeh gunna be taking some photos?" Oli Spoke up from the couch with a thick accent.
"Yeah. I'll be everywhere pretty much." he nodded taking a sip of his beer.
"How old are yeh?" He stood up taking Corey's seat across from me.
"Twenty-Six" I averted my eyes from his and focused on the condensation of my glass. I saw him nod and take another sip.
"Me too, S' yeh ever heard our music before?" he played with his hands. I shook my head.
"Not really Just the first album and some of your recent one." I looked up his arms at almost every tattoo studying the color and line work. I guess I was staring at his neck because when I came back to my senses I saw him smirk.
"Like what yeh'see?"He smiled which made me blush. He started to laugh.
"Ah yeh' blushin!" he patted his knee and continued to laugh. He was making fun of me. i turned my body away from him so he couldn't see my scarlet face. His laughter died down a little until I felt a tug. I turned to see he was holding a little bit of my dark brown hair in his hand. He cocked and eyebrow still smirking.
"Do you have any tattoos?" he released my hair watching it drop to my chest. His gaze lingered there for a second then returned back to my eyes. I nodded and un zipped my black hoodie pulling out each arm in the process. I was wearing a black fitted shirt and let my arms rest in front of me on the table. I had sleeves just like his but not as filled. I was still working on my left arm. I watched his eyes open up a little as I saw them scan up and down my arms. Inside my heart was beating so fast.
"Niccee." he smiled pulling one of my arms over the table to examine closer.
"Holy shit! S' that a Sonic tattoo?" he said pointing to my dark sonic tattoo. I smiled and nodded.
"Ofcourse, its my childhood." I laughed a bit until I realized he wasn't. he pulled his leg up and turned it slightly to reveal his own sonic tattoo on his calf. He smiled and touched the skin.
"S' like were twins Princess." I frowned instantly as the word left his mouth.
I was Not going to be called 'Princess' all tour.
He erupted in laughter watching my face.
"Whats wrong Princess? Don't like yeh' name?" he smirked even wider.
"That is not my name and I do not want to be called that all tour." I shifted my eyes to Corey who was returning back to the front of the bus.
Oli's eyes glanced over tor Corey's while I watched his smile disappear. I noticed a sudden glint in his eye vanish as Corey began to speak.
"Sorry love, yeh' should start to settle in, we 'ave to be up in a couple hours for a show." Corey bent down in attempt to grab my bag but Oli beat him to it.
"S' alright, I can show her, lad." Oli exaggerated the 'lad' part for some reason. He looked at me cocking his head in the direction of the bunks. He led me over to the second to last one on the bottom. He pulled the curtain open and laid my bags on top of the tiny mattress.
"S'ppose yeh can sleep here. Yeh' can meet the rest of the lads tomorrow yeah?" he looked exhausted. He had circles under his blood shot eyes and a pained look painted on his face.
"Thank you." I quietly said before removing my shoes and sliding into my new bed. I tried sliding the curtain back but Oli swung it open.
"If yeh' get scared I'm right above yeh', G'night Princess." he smirked before drawing the curtain.
I glared at the spot he once was until I dosed off for what seemed like five minutes. I heard shouting and shuffling around, then all of a sudden a loud bang which made me jump. I peeked out the curtain to see 6 boys at the small table in the front of the bus. I slowly pulled the curtain back and quietly changed into some fitted skinny jeans and a white tank top. I found my blue flannel which I slid over my arms loosely. I sighed and gathered my toothbrush and make up as I slid out of my bunk. I watched all 6 heads snap towards me. Some smiling, others confused. I tried to smile but It just didn't come off like I had hoped. Corey quickly came over guiding me towards the 5 awkward boys introducing me on the way to the table. They all said hello and waved.
"Yeh' want any juice, love?" A boy with plugs pipped up, I'm guessing that was Matt. The drummer.
"No thanks, Um is there a bathroom? I didn't get my tour yet of the bus." I started to feel extremely awkward when it went silent until Oli nodded over to the splendor door by the bunk area. I did my make up and brushed my teeth before I slammed into the chest of another boy named Vegan.
"S' sorry! Yeh' alright?" he placed a hand on my shoulder while I clutched my nose. I smiled and nodded. As the morning went on I figured out we were in some part of bristol and we were approaching the first stop. Corey handed me a Warped pass so I could get onto and behind every stage. I packed my bag with a couple lens' before pulling on some toms and walking out the bus with Corey. He started to explain some of the bands playing and when the meet and greets where. Since I was only here to mainly take pictures of BMTH I could walk around and actually enjoy the festival unlike the states. I started to walk on my own and venture around finding out where the stages were. My camera around my shoulder and my bag trailing at my hip for a couple hours. I felt a little out of place as I just wandered around until I saw a familiar face.
"Jona!" I called over to him and watched his head turn in my direction. He smiled and walked over to me once he finally saw me.
"Ey Aurora, yeh' commin'?" He walked in the direction of the main stage where I guess they were playing soon.
"Yeh' might wanna stand clear from wandering, The fans are a little scary." he chuckled handing me a monster. I thanked him and took a swing. I watched him pull out a pack of cigarettes which made me remember I hadn't bought any since I left America.
"Hey could I bum one of those?" I gave a small smile and batted my eyes trying to seem interested so hed hand me one over. Jona laughed and gave me a fag and lighter.
"Didn't know yeh' smoke there love." he said exhaling while talking to me. I smiled and nodded before lighting my own. It felt so reliving to breath in and exhale for what seemed like forever.
"Yeah I mean Its not like I'm a goodie two shoes. In the states I went to the bars almost every night." I smirked a little remembering the past. He nodded and chatted with me for a bit until Oli and Codey came to find us to tell us they were going on then. I tossed my cigarette and ran towards the stage pulling out my camera. I saw Codey setting up his sound equipment and showing me where to stand. I looked around to see hundreds of people in the crowd waiting for the guys to go on. My jaw almost dropped onto the pavement. This crowd was bigger than any at Warped in the states. The sound from the guitar pounding through the speakers almost made me brake my neck with how hard I snapped it back towards the stage. I herd a tiny whistle behind me. I turned to see Oli warming up and the rest of the band walking onto the stage up to their instruments. I noticed he looked a bit fucked up. His eyes looked heavy and bloodshot. His head snapped towards me and he noticed I had been almost gawking at him this entire time which made me jump. He looked calm and winked at me before running out on stage.
"ARE YOU CUNTS READY FOR US?" he screamed into the microphone before the crowd erupted in joy. They started to play and the sound went through me so hard. The look on everyone's faces was insane. Every single one of the members gave everything they had when they played. I snapped a few hundred pictures while they finished their set before Oli walked off the stage towards me. He nodded towards the direction he was going indicating to follow, which I did. He lead me onto the bus pulling a towel out of the bathroom.
"S' yeh' like the show?" he rubbed his face into the towel mumbling towards me.
"It was really good, are your crowds usually that big?" I said putting on a different lens to my camera.
"Recently yeh' its unbelievable." he smirked. I adjusted my camera for a while then put my feet up on the couch.
"Alrigh'?" he asked from the kitchen. I nodded flipping through my pictures.
"Get any good ones of me? Yeh' know for the birds." He smiled wider from my glare.
"Well for you're information I'm taking photos for promoting and my company not so you can score 'birds' Oli." I turned off my camera when he sat next to me on the couch handing me a water bottle.
"I know Princess, 'S just fun to see yeh all rilled up yeah?" He swung his head back with laughter. His laugh was soft and hoarse. We chatted for a while before Matt found us on the bus.
"Yeh fuckin' been here the whole time have yeh'?" He said out of breath. We both nodded before he sprawled out onto the floor.
"We been lookin' for yeh' everywhere. After the show ended we though yeh' got attached by fans and needed rescuing." He chuckled rolling onto his back. I fiddled with my hair since the only ones I've talked to were Jona and Oli from the band, Matt was a little new to me. He seemed very outgoing and didn't give a shit about anything.
"So yeh' get some good shots?" he pipped up to me curiously. I simply nodded and went back to flipping through pictures.
"Shes a quiet one aint she, Oli?" Matt was now standing in front of us with an amused look on his face.
"Not to me, mate. Just gotta let her warm up to yeh'." He smiled over to me slightly pink from the blush creeping up his ears. Not skipping a beat Vegan, Lee and Jona all pilled on the bus.
"Finally! We found yeh' two." They all dog pilled in the middle of the bus where Matt had been laying. I started laughing at how worried they were about us. Maybe this tour wouldn't be too bad spending it with them.
♠ ♠ ♠
First story ever posted here.