‹ Prequel: A Surprise Visit
Status: Ongoing Story

As Long As You Love Me

Homecoming

~Who is Mike Trout's new girlfriend?~

~Mike Trout was seen at a East Carolina baseball game recently... With a girl.~

~Sorry ladies, baseball phenom Mike Trout is taken~

~Will we ever find out who Mike Trout's new girlfriend is?~

--

I closed the fifth magazine that I was looking through with a sigh. The sun was shining through the window of the apartment that I shared with my friend, Heather, who was out with her boyfriend... What I should be doing right now... But I can't... After Mike surprised me last night, he had to leave to catch a plane back to New York so he could finish the series with the Yankees.

I picked up my phone, and scrolled through my text conversations, groaning when I didn't find anyone that I remotely wanted to talk to. That's when Heather walked through the front door. "What's up sad face?! It's a sunny Saturday and your curled up on the couch watching re-runs of Jersey Shore!!" She exclaimed bouncing on the couch next to me. "Nothing's wrong Heather." I assured her trying my hardest to put a believable smile on my face. "Sure..." She trailed off giving me a look that she didn't believe me.

Then she noticed the magazines stacked on the coffee table, one of them opened to an article about my baseball playing boyfriend. "It's about Mike, isn't it?" She questioned turning just in time to see my nod. "Come on Em, you've gotta snap out of this, I mean... You just won divisions with your team! You shouldn't be sad!" She exclaimed grabbing my wrists, shaking me back and forth.

"You don't know what this feels like Heather." I sighed looking down at my legs. "Oh yeah... Curtis leaves with his team every other week to play away games." She protested. "Yeah, but he eventually comes back. Heather, what if Curtis got drafted to the NFL?" I asked her as she looked up to the ceiling, thinking about her answer. "That would be amazing for him." She smiled. "Would you wanna go with him?" I questioned. "Where are you goin with this Emma?" She asked, a curious look on her face.
"Heather, we've got one more year of college yet. And if Curtis does end up getting drafted before the end of next year, he's gonna have to leave... Just like Mike did." I said. "Yeah, but Emma, Mike was a senior... He was gonna leave eventually." She stated. "That's not my point Heather." I groaned. "I've gotta go Emma, I've got a date with Curtis. See you later." She stated slipping on her shoes, grabbing her purse before she was gone behind the closed door.

I sighed... This sucks... I was happy that Mike was in the MLB, but I just... miss him... Turning my attention back to the television set, I listen to a news anchor talk about local sports stories. "Yesterday the East Carolina University Pirates took their division, winning over the LSU Tigers 7-3. Players and fans were surprised when they caught a glimpse of former ECU Pirate and current Los Angeles Angel Mike Trout. Many spectators wondered why Trout was in attendance of the game..." I flicked off the TV when the reporter started to interview fans on their opinions.

Standing off the couch, I made my way into my room, falling onto my bed. I stared up at the ceiling for the longest time, thinking about what to do to get me out of the mood I was in... My phone rang from my bedside table. I picked it up, a huge smile forming on my face. A picture of Mike and I kissing on the field at Angel Stadium was on the screen, signaling that he was calling. I quickly answered waiting to he his voice.

"Hey Mike." I said, a smile growing on my face. "Hey baby." He replied. "How's everything going?" I asked leaning up against the headboard of my bed. "Great. Um, we're in Baltimore right now. After a three games, I've got a couple days off, so I thought that I would come down to see you." I heard the smile in his voice... I couldn't contain mine. "That would be awesome Michael!" I exclaimed into the phone, hearing him chuckle. "Ok, so I'll see you in a couple days then babe." He stated. "Of course Michael." I replied. "I love you Em." He cooed. "I love you to Mike. Good luck in your game today." I answered as the other line went dead.

I couldn't help but do a little happy dance on my bed. I was going to see Michael again!! I couldn't wait.

--

Three Days Later

"So Em, what are you doing today?" Nicole asked as she took a drink from her water bottle. "Nothing much. Mike's supposed to be coming into town today. He's got off." I stated my smile growing. "AWWW! Emma, that's so cute! I bet you can't wait to see him." She smiled making me blush. "Definitely." I answered as Heather came into the living room.

"Did I hear that Mike's coming?" She asked sitting next to me on the couch. "He sure is." I smiled widely. "So, what are you gonna do with him?" She asked winking. My eyes widened. "Definitely not that Heather!! I don't know, we're probably just gonna go out somewhere." I replied trying to hide the pink color that was surely visible on my cheeks.

"I'm not sure if you're gonna be able to go out anywhere." Nicole pointed out. "Why not?" I questioned furrowing my eyebrows. "Well, Mike is a superstar. Everyone knows him... I'm sure you guys would get attacked by crazy people." She pointed out. "I doubt that. We'll be fine." I pushed the subject out of my mind.

"Did you guys see that hot guy that was in the library yesterday?" Nicole asked. Heather and I raised our eyebrows. "You do know that we're taken right... I don't think we notice that anymore." Heather stated. "Eh, I need to find some single friends." She sighed getting up, leaving the apartment room.

Heather turned on the TV, putting on some MTV reality show. It got quiet for some time, both of our eyes glue to the TV screen. Then a knock sounded on the wooden door. I quickly jumped out of my seat and rushed to the door, Heather following behind me.

I opened it, and sighed... My baseball playing amigo, and next door buddy Chris was in the doorway. "Hey Emma!" He stated with a smile. "Hey Chris." I sighed. "An old friend showed up to my door... I think they had the wrong apartment though... You might know him." He stated pointing behind him. "Doubt that... Who is it?" I questioned as he moved to the side, the sight making my eyes widen.

Michael was standing in the hallway with a bouquet of flowers in his hands, a smile evident on his face. "Michael!" I exclaimed closing the small space, hugging onto his muscular body tightly. "Hey Em." He said kissing the top of my head. "You said you were coming later." I said as I helped him in to my apartment. "I got an early flight. Thought I'd surprise you." He grinned holding onto my shoulder as he kissed my lips.

I leaned against the kitchen counter as his hands moved down to my stomach, deepening the kiss. We probably would have got into things if Heather wasn't there... She quickly became vocal. "Ok, I'm really happy that Mike's back and all that, but please STOP THE KISSING!!" She exclaimed making Mike and I pull apart.

I blushed pressing my hands on his chest to push him away a bit. "So, what do you wanna do tonight babe?" I asked him as we sat down on the empty couch. "I've got some things planned." He grinned wrapping his arm around my shoulders.

I was happy that I was finally back with Mike.
♠ ♠ ♠
So there's chapter 1...

I really hope you guys like this, cuz I just had some ideas to add on to the one shot that I wrote...

If things aren't making sense, go read the one shot A Surprise Visit... That will put everything into place...

Thanks for reading!!! :)