Lie To Me

Ch. 2: Too Soon To Be Over?

Ch. 2: Too Soon To Be Over?

Gerard straightened his body and turned his legs to the other side, not leaving the kiss, laying Jenni on the bed. The kiss stopped, both stared into their eyes. The heavy breathing indicated what they wanted, along with the desire in their eyes, it was so bad they could feel it. Gerard knew he wasn’t supposed to do that, but, shit, he wanted her so bad, he needed her right now. His lips got back with hers, their hands roamed around the other’s body. Jenni slid her hands underneath his shirt pulling it off, he did the same with her. Jenni took the longest in undoing Gerard’s pants, all he had to do was to slip hers off since she was in pajamas. Anyway, soon his pants were on the floor, and so did the raspberries. The rest of their clothes flew away before they could notice it. Gerard lifted up and stared at her naked body for the very first time since they met.

“Jenni… I never…” His eyes were so open that Jennifer could read in them what he wanted to say and smiled. She grabbed his head again and brought him down to kiss him. His mouth traveled from her mouth to her neck, lower to her shoulders and finally reaching her breasts.

“Gerard…” She sighed at the touch of his tongue over her breast as his hand gently massaged the other one. Then, he switched. “Gee, please…” Her breath quickened even more. He lifted his head up and looked at her.

“Are you sure?” All she could do was nod; Gerard smiled and slipped up again to kiss her.

With his legs, he spread hers and eased his way in. Jenni couldn’t avoid biting his lip when he did that. From then on, they made their own romantic movie, giving away everything they had inside for the last 10 years. Gerard never had felt that way for her, but he knew he was having those feelings for a while now. He still felt kinda guilty, but Jenni felt so good that he couldn’t think clearly. They didn’t know how much time they were like that, but it was enough to lead them to the edge together. All their sensations were new to both of them, that’s why they felt so strangely satisfied after they were done. It wasn’t the first time for any of them, but they felt it that way. Without a word spoken, they got into bed. Jenni placed her head on his chest and he caressed her hair. As their breaths got back to normal, Gerard started thinking bout what he had to tell her, which was completely against what they just had done. The silence overwhelmed the room.

“Gee…” Jennifer whispered.

“Yeah?”

“What did you want to tell me?” Gerard didn’t know how to respond to that. He couldn’t say the truth to her.

“Um… It doesn’t matter now, sweetie.” Jenni snuggled against him smiling.

Jennifer was soon sleeping, but Gerard couldn’t even close his eyes. He stared at Jenni almost the whole night, feeling the guilt eating him inside. Next morning Gerard was sleeping due his lack of sleep in the night. Jenni woke up and saw him sleeping by her side. She stared at him caressing his cheeks. She felt hungry, so reached for his shirt on the floor and her pants and slipped out of bed putting them on. Jennifer went outside to pick up the newspaper and went to the kitchen to make some breakfast at the same time she opened the ShowBiz pages to see if she could find out something interesting. The headline she saw was more than just interesting, the cup she had on her hand slipped off crashing onto the floor breaking in pieces and she felt the same inside her chest. Suddenly, the room became dark and everything went fuzzy due to the tears formed in her eyes. Just one headline and all her world was falling apart. Gerard felt the noise of the cup crashing and went down stairs. He entered the kitchen and saw her back and the cup on the floor. He approached to her and put his hands on her shoulders, she stepped away form him without looking.

“What’s…?” Jenni sobbed and turned. He saw her crying. “Sweetie…”

“Shut up!” She shouted. Jenni straightened the newspaper and showed it to Gerard. “Is this what you wanted to tell me last night?” Gerard read the headline on the paper: Eliza speaks out: ‘Yes, Gerard and I are getting married!’. “Why didn’t you just tell me before we…?” She couldn’t continue.

“Jenni… I… I’m sorry…” Gerard didn’t know what to say. “I came here to tell you that, but…”

“I really thought I was more important to you… More than just one night fuck!”

“And you are… Jenni, I…” He reached for her but she got away.

“Don’t touch me! God…” She buried her face in her hands. “Last night meant nothing to you?”

“It did, I didn’t think…”

“Clearly you didn't!” Jenni looked at him. “Go… go and get married. I don’t wanna see you again, get out!”

“Jennifer, let me explain…”

“Explain what? I think you already explained many things. Get out of here…” She said again.

“Jenni…” Gerard grabbed her arms.

“Take your fucking hands off me!” She said pulling her arms away from him. “Get the fuck out!” Gerard grabbed her again. Jenni set one hand free and hit him on the face. “Get out!!!” She yelled out loud. He dropped his hands and looked at her in tears. Soon he was gone. Jenni fell on the cold kitchen floor crying.