Lie To Me

Ch. 6: Back Were We Started

Ch. 6: Back Were We Started

“I… I can’t.” All the people gasped and Eliza started crying not believing her ears when Gerard’s words came to them. The only person smiling in the church was Jennifer, hidden behind a big flower bucket, hearing everything Gerard was saying. “I’m really sorry, Eliza, but I can’t marry you. I hope you can forgive me… I… I can’t… I gotta go.” Gerard stepped down from the altar leaving Eliza in a sea of white satin and silk crying. Just then Jenni came into stage and looked at Gerard from the door, not knowing if she should laugh or cry. He stared at her without moving, being unsure of running down to her and scope her in his arms and never let go again. They kept staring till Gerard couldn’t resist any longer. To the hell with what everyone would say, he ran to her and kissed her. Everybody stared at them and Eliza exploded of anger right then, but that was pretty obvious after all: Jenni knew him way before she did, so she held the impulse of beating her and said nothing, still crying.

After their kiss, Gerard and Jennifer left and went to her house, there they sat on the living room not quite sure of where to start. Gerard had many questions for her and Jenni had another hundred for him. Both started talking at the same time, but Gerard silent her with another kiss. She let him begin.

“Why did you leave that morning?” He asked.

“I felt too bad with myself after what happened. Another second there and I would have killed you and then me.”

“Well, I must confess something…” Gerard took a deep intake of air and stared at her, was who staring at the floor. “Look at me.”

“What?” She said lifting her head up.

“Jenni, I’m sorry. I’m sorry for the things I did and for the things I didn’t say. I know I was wrong that night when we first… you know. But…” He stopped and sighed. “I dunno how to explain it.”

“Just let it out. The words come by them selves, believe me.”

“That morning, the last thing I thought bout was Eliza. I guess I never knew how much you really meant to me. And I had to lose you to realize.” Gerard stopped again and took her hands between his, making an effort to put is head straight and keep talking. “Angel, I wasn’t lying the day you told me to.” Jennifer stared at his eyes.

“What you mean?” She asked not very sure of what she heard.

“When I told you I love you it was for real. I… I couldn’t lie to you, you know I can’t.” He gazed somewhere else and blinked very fast. “Next morning I was up to tell you everything I was feeling, but you were gone. I thought the worst, that you had left to Seattle.”

“Gee, you know better than me that. I couldn’t have missed your wedding. I promised you that I would be there.”

“You still remember that?” He looked at her again.

“Of course I do, is just that I never thought that seeing you getting married would be so painful.”

“Well, I didn’t get married after all.”

“Everyone saw that.” Both stared into the other’s eyes.

“Jenni, I love you… I love you since the day I met you, is just that it was all covered up by our friendship. But after what happened this last month I guess we’re not having a friendship anymore.” She smiled to him.

“I know… I love you too, Gerard.”

Both smiled and kissed again. Gerard stayed in her house the whole afternoon and left the wedding problems to the others. Their friendship got stronger after hours of talking, both knowing that they also shared love. Gerard promised that he wouldn’t lie to her again and she accepted his promise between laughs that ended up with a tender kiss from him.

It was cold outside, night had fallen hours ago and the dark sky threatened with pouring. Jenni was in her room watching TV when suddenly someone turns it off and lays her softly on the bed, kissing her sweet lips like is the last time he would do it. He removes her clothes lightly, barely touching her skin, like energy sliding across her body. She does the same with him. His mouth travels on her pale skin, making her sigh heavily, closing her eyes at the amazing sensation of his mouth on her. She entangles her fingers with his adorable locks, guiding his head across her, even when he didn’t need it. He stares at her eyes, she stares at his eyes. Another devouring kiss is in its way. Soon enough they are rolling onto the bed. She laughs between heavy breathing.

“What’s so funny?” He asks stopping his labor on her.

“That this should be your first night with your wife.” She answers making him laugh.

“Maybe it is…” She gasps and before she could say anything his mouth covers hers again.

Sunrise is near to come. Jenni is laying on her bed happier than ever, cause when she looks at her shoulder she sees a pale guy sleeping on it, with his arm tightly wrapped around her waist. She knows that when he wakes up again, that heavenly glow in his hazel eyes is gonna be for her. Jenni kisses Gerard’s forehead and he smiles making her think he just felt that kiss, she knows she is inside his dreams now. And she falls asleep holding her once best friend, now what she always wanted him to be.

*~ The End~*