Lie To Me

Ch. 5: Choices

Ch. 5: Choices

Jennifer looked up at him with tears flooding her eyes, she closed them at the feeling of his mouth over hers making the tears roll down her face. Gerard cupped her face with his hands, making the kiss deeper as their tongues found each other. Unconsciously, Jenni slid her hands across his chest and stomach till the waistband of his pants, pulling him from there and leading him upstairs. On their way to her room, their clothes met the floor, but their lips never went too far from the other ones. At reaching the bed’s edge, both were naked and just then, Gerard came back to his senses. What the hell was he doing? Was he really doing it cause Jenni told him to lie to her or was he doing it cause he wanted? Over against the things he was thinking, he kept kissing her, starting to caress every amount of her smooth skin. Softly, he laid her on the bed. Her body was so breathtaking that his thoughts were out of sight after a while of him staring. Jenni still had tears in her eyes, but Gerard felt way too good to stop it right now, for a moment, she really gave up her pride and without a word spoken, she made Gerard understand want she wanted. Again they were rolling all over the bed; flashes of their worries flew once in a while, but they felt too good, almost perfect. Almost perfect or completely perfect? Both wondered. Why they felt like the first time? Gerard didn’t feel it with Eliza, Jenni didn’t feel it with her last b/f. Why now they did?

Hours passed by, they were exhausted lying on the bed. Still not a word came between them. Jennifer was too hurted and Gerard was too concerned. Without even a glance exchange, both closed their eyes to get some sleep.

Gerard had woken up alone in Jenni’s house before, but that morning was completely different from other ones. He woke up hoping to find her right there beside him, cause he finally was up to tell her his feelings for her; and she was gone. A cold sensation went down his spine at reminding her words last night and her ticket to Seattle. Jumping from the bed, he started looking for her everywhere in the house. Nothing. Most of her clothes weren’t there along with a bunch of pics she used to have on the living room. Gerard felt the worst: she had left town. Quickly, he took his stuff from the floor, arranged the bed and left the house, feeling he left his own life inside.

During that week leading to the weeding, Gerard did even the impossible to find Jennifer, but no one seemed to know anything bout her. His fears of loosing her were driving him nuts, but something inside told him it wasn’t too late yet. Even feeling that way, the wedding wasn’t canceled. He had a fight with Eliza almost everyday, but he still wanted to get married, he had lost a lot already to loose something else. The night before the wedding, his friends made a party for him, and all he did was thinking bout Jennifer. Mikey and Frankie noticed it and went to talk with him.

“Man, you’re loosing your own party here. What’s wrong?” Mikey said as he and Frankie sat infront of him.

“I’m not sure of wanting to get married.” Gerard said with a sigh.

“Are you kidding? You’ll be a great husband and you finally get to have a family.” Frankie said trying to reassure Gerard of his commitment.

“That’s not the problem. I wanna get married, but not with Eliza.” Mikey and Frankie stared at Gerard disbelieving what he just said.

“And why did you asked her?” Mikey asked.

“Cause when I asked her I wanted to. But now I don’t.” Mikey looked at his brother, knowing what went wrong.

“And what made you change your mind?” Mikey said.

“Who you wanna marry with?” Frankie asked too. A few moments of silence made Gerard sure that he could trust the two men in front of him. And trying to sound stern he answered their questions.

“Jennifer.” Just one word and everything was explained. Then, Frankie’s g/f, Jamia, came for him, so now Mikey was the only one interrogating.

“After 10 years, when you’re bout to get married, you realize that you love her?” Mikey said.

“Mikey, I’ve been carrying this feeling too long, but I had to lose her to finally get the hint that I love her.” Gerard ran his fingers through his hair and Mikey noted his despair. “I just wanna know where is she so I can run to her and tell her how much I love her.”

“And why are you marrying Eliza after all?”

“Cause I don’t wanna lose them both.” Mikey rolled his eyes.

“I can’t believe you… Don’t you realize of the pain you’re gonna cause yourself, Eliza and Jenni if you get married after all? You should have done something before…”

“I know that. But when I was finally up to tell Jenni, she was gone. I haven’t seen her during this week. So what’s the point? Maybe she already left to Seattle.” Gerard buried his head between his arms.

“And what would you do if I tell you she’ll show up tomorrow in the church?” Mikey whispered and left. Gerard stared at him leaving not quite sure of what he heard. Mikey knew something, but not even then Gerard moved to catch him up.

That night was the longest night of his life. Gerard couldn’t sleep with Mikey’s words swimming in his mind, the image of Jennifer the last night they spent together and the wedding next morning. He got up at sunset when his efforts to sleep were useless, took a long shower and did the last things he had to do before the ceremony. Early enough, Gerard was ready and left his house towards the church to see if everything was ready. Later, Mikey came up, but Gerard was too tired and sad to ask anything. Silence placed between them till moments for the wedding to start. The only thing inside Gerard’s head was “Please let it be Jenni when the door gets open.” The music began and the door was opened. Non other than Eliza came in with the biggest smile on her face. Gerard smiled back fighting the tears to keep them inside. The ceremony started, Gerard faded every sec till they were already getting to the vows. Gerard and Eliza turned to each other. He couldn’t avoid looking at the people in the church to know if Jenni was there, but her didn’t see her. It was over, she had left, he thought.

“Eliza, do you take Gerard as your husband?” The priest asked her.

“I do.” She answered.

“Gerard, do you take Eliza as your wife?” Gerard stared at Eliza’s smile and sighed before answering.

“ I… I…” And he gave a last glance at the church’s door. Jenni wasn’t there again.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wanna read the 6th and final chapter??? I bet you do!!! XD
Ask for it!!! :D