Just Friends

10

"You can't leave me." Patrick pouted as he tossed a shirt my way.

"I have too." I said, catching the shirt and folding it neatly into my suitcase.

"Just move to Chicago and stay here." He said seriously.

"I have school dumdum." I said, continuing to fold my clothes.

"So does this mean I won't hear from you again for a year?"

"Of course you'll hear from me, me and Er wanna visit in the summer too." I smiled.

"That's soooo long." he whined as I rolled my eyes.

"Hm sucks for you I guess." I smirked as I continued to pack the rest of my clothes.

"Really? Does it?" Patrick smirked as he lunged towards me, knocking me to the ground and tickling me.

"No!!" I shrieked, "Pat stop I hate being tickled you know that!"

"Hm sucks for you I guess." He mimicked as he continued to tickle me.

"Stop." I said in between laughs, "Stop now or I'll kiss you." I used the threat I used to use when we were children.

"Would you?" He stopped, raising an eyebrow.

"I might." I said, sticking my tongue out at him.

He continued again, "You're testing me Pat." I said as I attempted to push him away.

I rolled my eyes and grabbed his hands, and leaned in to peck him on the lips, just as I threatened. To my surprise, he intertwined our fingers and pulled my hands so I was holding his neck, then leaned in to give me a real kiss. I was hesitant at first but quickly relaxed into the kiss.

"Pey! Come here, I need help closing my suitcase!"

I snapped back to reality as Erica's voice rang through my head. I pushed Patrick away and stormed to Erica's room. what just happened

"You're red, what happened?" Erica asked suspiciously, eyeing my face and I assumed, messy hair.

"Patrick was tickling me." I pouted, not bothering to mention the kiss, which I was still trying to process myself.

"Oh ok, it looks like you've just been kissed, I thought you had some secret boy toy you weren't telling me about." Erica laughed as she struggled to zip her suitcase.

I laughed nervously and attempted to help her.

____________

"We're gonna be late! Drive the car Pat!" Erica yelled.

"There's fucking traffic Er, what do you want me to do?" Patrick snapped at his sister, clearly aggravated.

I sighed and leaned my head against the window, putting my headphones in. I checked the time, 4:52, our plane leaves at 5:30 and we're not even close to Midway without traffic.

I've been doing my best to avoid Patrick ever since the kiss yesterday night. He texted me a couple times last night saying we needed to talk but I ignored them all. I was still having trouble processing what happened and I didn't want my mouth running before my mind would be able to catch up. All I know was it was stupid, friends don't kiss friends, especially best friends.

"Oh my god we're just gonna make it! Bye Pattycakes, Bye Toes! Love you both see you soon gotta go!" Erica jumped out of the car as soon as it stopped, kissing both boys quickly on the cheek before running into the airport, leaving me with her luggage. I sighed and jumped out of the car and went for our luggage.

"Bye Jon, it was awesome meeting you, see ya soon." I gave Jon a hug.

"Can't wait, you're a party." Jon laughed.

"Bye Patty." I smiled awkwardly.

"We'll talk when you land." He said seriously as he hugged me.

"It was nothing, it was just a kiss. We're just friends, obviously, that's like….incest." I laughed lightly as I ran after Erica.

__________

You've reached Patrick Kane. I am sorry I'm not able to get to your call right now, leave a name and number and I'll you back shortly thanks.

I sighed, "Its Peyt….again. Can we talk?"

I groaned loudly as I pressed end, Patricks been ignoring my calls since I got back to New York. I dialed Ericas number to see if she's heard from him.

"Hey Er, have you talked to Pat? I tried calling him like 10 times and he hasn't answered one." I asked Erica as I left my psychology class and walked back to my dorm.

"Yeah, I've talked to him everyday since we've been home. That's weird, did you do something to piss him off?"

I rolled my eyes, it's been a week since we've been home and I called him at least twice everyday.

"No." I lied, "I don't know what's up his ass. Thanks though, I'll try texting him. Dinner later?" I asked

"Definitely." Erica said before hanging up.

I sighed and put my phone away as I made my way to my dorm. What I said to Patrick was the truth, we were just friends, and friends weren't supposed to kiss each other, especially the way he kissed me.

Are you mad at me? Actuallyy just kidding, I know you are. Call me, I wanna talk. And I miss my best friend, even if he's acting like an ass at the moment. xox mouse;)