Just Friends

11

Patrick

"You gonna get that?" I looked up from untying my skates to see Jon staring at my vibrating phone. I glanced at the screen, Peyton ….again. I turned the sound off.

"No."

"Why?" Jon scrunched his eyebrows in confusion as he stared at me, waiting for an answer.

"I don't know what she wants to talk about, she made everything clear before she left." I said stubbornly.

"Oh hey Peyt, long time no talk….yeah miss you too….oh yeah he's right here…hold on I'll put him on…" my eyes widened as I looked to see who Jon was talking to, when I realized he was on my phone.

"YOU INCONSIDERATE ASSHOLE I COULD BE DYING AND YOU WOULDN'T EVEN KNOW BECAUSE YOU DON'T HAVE TWO SECONDS TO ANSWER YOURE DAMN PHONE!" I cringed as I moved the phone away from my ear.

"I'm pretty sure I'd know if you were dying once the calls stopped." I stated.

"I hate you so much, why were you ignoring me?" she asked, calming down.

I thought for a moment, before lying, "I wasn't ignoring you."

"You're really gonna play this game? I've talked to Erica, Jackie, Jess, your mother, Jon, everyone but you. You can make time for them but not your best fucking friend?"

I sighed, "I'm sorry Pey."

She huffed, "If this is about that stupid kiss I'll fly to Chicago right now and chop your balls off, since you're acting like such a girl and making this awkward, god!"

I laughed, feeling relief that she didn't feel awkward about our kiss around a month ago.

"Not necessary, please. I'm sorry Peyt…seriously I am, but no more screaming your high ass voice is killing my ears." I chuckled.

"You're such an ass. I gotta get to class, I'll talk to you later. Miss you peeks." I could hear the smile in her voice as she hung up.

"Was that so hard?" Jonathan mimicked as I tossed my phone in my bag, "Did she mention the kiss?"

I ran my hands through my hair, "Sort of. Just told me to stop acting like a bitch over a stupid kiss."

"Stupid kiss? Ouch…" Jonathan snickered.

I rolled my eyes, "Fuck off. Like she said, it was weird like……..incest."

"Whatever you say." Jonathan chuckled as he left the locker room. I rolled my eyes as I collected my things, realizing I was the only one left.

Friends weren't supposed to kiss friends, especially the friend you've grew up with. So why was I so hung up on Peyton and her kiss?

_________

'"You kissed my brother….like our brother….and you're just telling me NOW!" Erica screeched as she paused the Bachelorette to fully focus on my story,

"He kissed me…sort of. I just pecked him cause I wanted him to stop tickling me and he turned it into a kiss." I defended.

"You idiot. A pretty girl threatening to kiss you? What boy would listen to that?" Erica asked.

"It used to work." I shrugged.

"Yeah when you had braces and pimples." Erica snickered as I threw a piece of popcorn at her.

"So you like him? I mean you're already like family but how cool would it be to be real sisters?"

"Woah slow down. No, we both established it was stupid and a mistake."

"Really?" Erica asked in disbelief.

I shrugged, "I can't get feelings for Pat, that's messy and we all know how he is with girls."

"So you hooked up with Patty and I couldn't even get Jon to give me a little peck? What is this world coming too!"

"You didn't hook up with him!? I thought for sure-"

"Don't mention it. " Erica waved me off, "I have 3 months though soon, and by August, we will."
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm working on making these chapters longer for you guys:)

OK GUYS....I'm not gonna update the next chapter until I get 5 comments! I love reading your feedback its seriously so fun and it motivates me to continue writing lol! So let me know what ya think:)