Just Friends

24

"She's beautiful," I smiled as we all stood around the baby room, where they placed Sadie.

"Where's Pat?" Erica turned around.

I sighed, "Home probably. Can you drop me off when you and Jon leave, he took the car."

Erica rolled her eyes, "What happened now?"

"You know how I tend to not think or process my words before I say them?"

"Yeah like the time you were talking about what a slut that girl Pat was dating in high school and her best friend was right behind you and she cut your pony tail off in math and you cried for days and-"

"Yes, like that," I cut her off, not wanting to relive my awful high school years, "Anyways we were shopping for a gift for Sadie and he was just acting so annoyed with being there and I was like 'Don't you want people to care when you have kids', and he was like 'what do you mean when you have kids' and I wasn't even thinking Er, I was like you know when you have kids, and he took that as me saying that I haven't thought about us having a family one day."

"He's such a girl," Erica laughed, "Just walk in all sexy when you get home and be like 'hey baby I wanna have your kids'," she winked, "Except maybe not today….or tomorrow..or next week, but one day."

I pushed her shoulder and laughed, "Thanks for the advice."

"Bet it'll work, just no kids now because then who's gonna be my drinking buddy?"

I rolled my eyes, "No kids for a while, take me home? My head hurts."

"Sure thing sweet thang, you trying to do my plan?" Erica winked as we waved goodbye to everyone.

___________

"Anyone home?" I called into the apartment, setting my purse on the side counter. I didn't get a reply, but as I walked farther into the apartment, I found Pat lying on the couch, scrolling on his laptop.

I walked towards the couch and took a seat next to him, "Hi.", I smiled. He gave me a lazy smile, then returned his attention back to the tv. It was hard for me to deal with Pat and his moods sometimes. Even growing up, he was always sensitive, where someone could call me ugly and I'd laugh in their face. I wasn't one for showing my emotions or sulking, where Pat wanted everyone to know he was upset.

"You know you're the only one I'd ever think of having a family with right?" I whispered in Pat's ear, this got his attention, as he took it away from the tv and on me.

"Really?"

"Really," I smiled, "And we can have mini me's running around!"

"Hopefully they'll get my voice," Pat smirked as I punched his shoulder.

"Drop it, my voice is barely high anymore."

"Whatever you say mouse," He laughed.

"I was just caught off guard when we were talking and I'm so not ready for kids like not at all and I don't think you are either I mean we've actually only been dating for like not long and I didn't think you'd take it so-"

Patrick shut me up as he leaned over to kiss me. "You're blabbering, I just freaked out and it was stupid."
♠ ♠ ♠
filler...sorry! I currently have no more 'pre written' chapters, so if there is anything you wanna see happen in this story LEAVE SUGGESTIONS PLEASE; I'm open to ideas! Comments are always nice, I love hearing what ya think:)