Status: Completed

Decided to Break It

Echo

I really didn’t wanna go on this date. I’ve never been on one before but Kevvy was cute and I’d been friends with Josh for over a month and no moves been made, by him or me. I stared blankly into my closet as Ali and Amanda sat on my bed. Ali really wanted to help me and she was extremely excited because apparently I’d be “perfect” for Kevvy. Amanda was supposed to hang with Ali but when Ali bailed for me, she invited herself over. She played on her phone while Ali stared into my closet. “What about something simple? Knowing Kevvy, it won’t be that fancy.” Ali was right. Kevvy usually wore jean shorts and a tie-dyed shirt; he probably wouldn’t get too dressed up. I was just thinking the date would be dinner and a movie because, well, that’s what they do in the movies, right? “I like the pink and white striped tank top. Pair it with some black skinny jeans.” Ali smiled at me and Amanda scoffed. “Skinny?” She mumbled.

Ali jumped up and started fooling with my hair. “If you and Kevvy had babies, they’d have amazing hair!” She said all excitedly while putting my hair up with her hands. “Shut up!” I said pushing her slightly away and laughing. She smiled at me. “It’ll be fine. Don’t worry. We gotta go though.” Amanda jumped up at that. “Call me after and tell me everything!” She waved goodbye to me and Amanda made a face and they both walked out of my room, down the stairs, and out the door. I was alone again. I had about two hours before I was supposed to see Kevvy so I figured I’d try to go for a run before it. I hadn’t eaten but three times in the past month and I’ve lost 20 pounds since being here. It’s funny that no one has noticed. I was actually nervous to eat tonight, so maybe a run would help. But then again…

My phone started vibrating before I could make a solid decision. Josh. I smiled looking at his picture on my phone and just remembering him. “What uuupp?” I answered. I could hear the smile in his voice. “Hey- what’re you doin?” “Thinking about running. Why? What’s up?” “I wanted to run a song by you right quick. Practice starts in an hour. Can you be here before that?” I looked around my room and then thought about how long it would take for me to just walk there. “Probably not.” I laughed. “I wanna hear the song though!” He was quiet on the other end for a minute. “Josh?” “Right! Yeah, um…” “Can you play it for me over the phone? Pleeeaasssee?” “So needy! Okay, okay, fine.” I heard him put the phone down and pick up his guitar. I put my phone on speaker and laid back as he sung.

“I never took you for a trick but sometimes, I don’t know what you want. I can take it if you need to take this out on someone…” His voice was magic. I asked him before why he hadn’t signed with his dad’s studio but he made it perfectly clear that he wanted to make it on his own. He was stubborn that way. It’d been a month and I knew that boy like we’d been together forever. “I won’t say anything at all.” He quit playing. “I’m not done with it yet, but that’s the first verse, chorus and pre-chorus.” I didn’t say anything, I just listened to the excitement in his voice. “I’m gonna keep writing on it but I wanted you to hear it now. How was it?” “Perfect.” He sighed. “You always tell me that.” “You want me to lie and say it’s shit? Also- who’s that about?” He didn’t say anything for a minute and then I heard his guitar again.

“Echo. You’re my best friend, oh Echo! You’re cooler than a Benz, oh Echo!” He sung while strumming his guitar. “OMG you should call yourselves 'Marianas Trench' since you're so deep.” I said sarcastically and he started to cackle. “Whatever, you love me.” “Yeah yeah, I gotta go though. Gotta get ready for this date. Ugh! Josh, I don’t wanna!” I fussed while kicking my legs on my bed. “Oh… you uh… you don’t?” He didn’t sound as concerned as a friend would but he’s a boy so, eh. I shrugged it off. “I don’t wanna be seen!” I whined. “Why? You’re gorgeous.” He said back. “What?” I sat up straight. “My mom’s callin’ me, gotta go. Have fun!” And he hung up. Weird.

I got up, got showered, and got dressed. I put my hair into a high ponytail and put some makeup on and walked out of the house before Izzy could say anything about me looking “girly” today. If she knew I was going on a date, she’d cry or… something. I don’t know. What do women do when their children go on dates? Well, I didn’t wanna know. I was supposed to meet Kevvy at my house but instead, I just walked to the end of the block and called him. He was already en route to me and stopped before driving all the way to the house. He mouthed “wow” before getting out of the car and hugging me. “That’s not tye-dye.” was the only thing I could say to him. He opened my door while answering. “Nope. I pulled out my nice jeans and collared shirt for this.” I got in, he did too and we drove away. “There’s this concert downtown of a few people I know. I’ve done some music with them and I figured we could go and support them.” “Sounds awesome!” I was finally starting to get excited about this. “Yep. But first, there’s this bistro we gotta hit. Bomb crab dip.” He smiled at me and I smiled back though that scared the hell outta me.
♠ ♠ ♠
*cough* themoreyoucommentthemorei'llpost *cough* :)