Status: Completed

Decided to Break It

Echo

Josh is my best friend. And he will always be my best friend. It’s been about a month since the incident with my dad and Josh has been nothing but good to me. He’s gotten a little weird lately; he’s lost a lot of weight and isn’t really open about much anymore. He’s still coming to make sure I’m okay every night but he always sneaks out at some point. I don’t think he’s noticed that I’m not asleep when he does. I’m hardly ever asleep. I think that’s why we get along, ya know? Neither one of us sleeps and we only seem to care about each other. It’s not that awkward between me and Kevvy. But he likes to get drunk and try to make out with me. I thought once we were gonna get together again but Matt took him away, mumbling something about me being a fat girl. I’ve lived here 2 months, I’ve lost 40 pounds. No one has noticed.

I laid in bed, listening to my dad yell at Izzy and throw glass everywhere. Every time one shattered I jumped. I tried hiding under my blankets and turning the T.V up but it just seemed like he got louder. My window slammed open and when I pulled my blanket down, I saw a struggling Josh trying to get in it. I quickly got up before he made any more noise and opened the window further. I grabbed one arm and tried to pull but he kept slipping down anyway. “Wait wait wait!” He said as he brought his other arm up and dropped a huge bag down on the floor. After that, he was able to pull himself in without a problem. Once he stood up, I noticed his eyes were bloodshot and his hair was stuck to his sweaty face. And he still looked beautiful. I smiled at him as I sat back on my bed. He made me love the weekends.

He smiled and sat down on my bed, pulling up the bag with him. He dumped it out and had movies, some sleep clothes, a pack of cards, and so much McDonald’s that I couldn’t breathe. I wanted to eat it all. All of it. I hadn’t eaten this week at all. I passed out twice but that’s neither here nor there. “I got us burgers, apple pies, fries, and nuggets! I would’ve gotten you ice cream but I remembered I didn’t know what your favorite kind was.” He spoke so fast and his hands kept moving everywhere- I thought I couldn’t keep up. “Mint chocolate chip. I don’t eat it much though.” “Why?” I shrugged. “Every time I ask you about food things you shrug. Why?” I shrugged again. He made a face and then dropped it. “Well, I figured we could pig out and watch a movie.” He smiled so widely and I couldn’t help but want to kiss his… wait… what? Kiss him? What? My eyes widened and I backed up a little. “I ate already. But the movie sounds great.” “What’d you eat?” “Izzy made manicotti.” “Again?” “What?”

“You said she made manicotti every day this week. When I offered you food at my house, you said that. Every day.” I bit my bottom lip. I was a master at lying but I couldn’t get over how upset he looked. “She likes it.” I whispered. “You’ve lost a lot of weight, Echo.” “So have you.” He smirked. “Really? Yes.” I squinted my eyes. He started whispering to himself. Something about knowing “that shit would work”. “Huh?” He shook his head. “Nothing. Let’s eat!” We popped in Scream and Josh ate most of the food, thank God. I only had three nuggets before I convinced him I was full. Once he finished the last apple pie, he cuddled up to me and laid his head on my lap. I played in his hair some, loving the fact that he smelled like strawberries. He sighed and then sat up quickly. “Be right back.” He ran into the bathroom that was in my room right at the end of the movie.

I lay back on my bed and put my arms under my head. It sucks that the only time I’m comfortable in my own house is when he’s here. He came back out and lay next to me. His eyes were bloodshot- more so than when he went in and his breathing was irregular. I was about to ask if he was okay when he grabbed my hand and kissed it. “I want you. I want you so baaaddd.” He sung. I smiled at him, thinking nothing of it until he kissed my lips. I pulled away and sat up because I was confused and… what just happened? “Why… oh.” He sat up. “Did you pull away because of Kevvy? I’m sorry. I didn’t know you were still…” “I’m not. We’re just friends. I’m too crazy, remember?” “You’re perfect.” It grew silent again, and this time it was awkward. “Josh, I really like you.” I whispered after a while. He smiled at me and grabbed my hands in his. “I love you.”

We fell asleep a couple hours later, after talking this whole thing through. Josh was now my boyfriend and nothing ever felt more right to me. The rush I get from starving didn’t even equate to what I felt now. He wrapped me in his arms and I went to sleep on top of the world. We’ve been secretly dating now for two weeks and Josh said it was for our friends’ sake. Honestly I thought it was because he was ashamed of me. So I lost 10 more pounds.

“Okay… yeah, yeah. No, not yet. I’ll be over there later.” I woke up to Josh on the phone. He was shivering and speaking weird but I didn’t think anything of it. His hair was all over his head and his shirt was off. His back was really boney and that scared me some. I touched him slowly and he turned his head to the side. I scooted up to him, putting him between my legs and wrapping my arms around his waist. I laid my head on his back and kissed gently. He was my boyfriend. I was hoping I’d warm him up some but he was shivering even worse now.

“Nah, just the usual. I’ll be around later.” I rubbed his chest some and tried to get his attention but it wasn’t working. “Can we talk about this later, man. I’m with my girl.” He kissed my temple and I smiled. He ended up hanging up and he turned to me and kissed me passionately. I laid back on the bed, still kissing him before he pulled away slowly. “What was that about?” “It doesn’t matter. Wanna get some breakfast?” I shook my head. “Aren’t we supposed to have Sunday brunch at the studio?” “Oh yeah.” This month, we were supposed to have a brunch with everyone at the studio- our dads were hosting it. All the bands that they managed were there and Josh and the guys were supposed to play too. “Let’s get dressed and head over, yeah?” I shook my head, smiled, and kissed my boyfriend.
♠ ♠ ♠
Are ya happy now? :p