Status: Completed

Decided to Break It

Echo

I ran and ran and ran and didn’t stop until I was on the other side of town. I was near our school before I grabbed my phone from my pocket. Josh kept calling me but I wanted absolutely nothing to do with him. He promised he’d never hurt me and he did. Fuck him.

I threw my phone on the asphalt and stomped it repeatedly until it broke. That’s when I remembered Kevvy saying he was running away. Sounded perfect to me. I knew how to get to his house from here so I hurried there and once up the front steps, I just opened the door and went straight upstairs to his bedroom. He had a suitcase open with some clothes in it and was digging around his closet for more things. “Hey loser.” He looked at me and I know he could tell I’d been crying. Before he could ask me what happened, I just told him I was going with him. “Wherever you go, I’ll go.” “And Josh?” I balled up my fists and looked down. “Fuck Josh.” He immediately stood up and walked towards me. He embraced me but I didn’t cry. I wouldn’t cry.

*Seven Years Later*
I sat down on the couch with a bowl of popcorn and snuggled up to my fiancé, Kevvy, ready to watch the Juno Awards. We spent all day yesterday celebrating the fact that his band ‘Fake Shark Real Zombie’ was now signed to 604 records and they brought me on as a songwriter for the different bands! He reached into the popcorn bowl and kissed my forehead. I leaned up and kissed his lips, loving every moment of it. Looking back at the screen, I nearly dropped the bowl. Josh was on screen. His clothing style was way different, but it was definitely him. I couldn’t forget those eyes even if I tried. He pointed at the screen while the girl on his arm tried to look sexy… and failed. Amanda. Kevvy looked at me and I smiled back at him. “You’re perfect.” I said and shoved more popcorn in his mouth.