Status: Completed

Decided to Break It

Echo

We got to the record studio quickly in my opinion. We didn't stop at a store but I didn't mind because talking to Josh was fun. Back home, I didn't have any friends so it was nice to have one right away who wasn't afraid of me or my name. The Morietti name was something to be feared in Virginia. And New York. And Jersey. Actually, nearly everywhere. We walked in on his dad with the members from Goodbye Conscious sitting on the couch and going over some paperwork. Josh motioned for me to follow him and we walked into the studio portion of this particular room. As far as I could tell, every room had a lounge and a studio in the back. “Wait… your dad’s the producer for Goodbye Conscious?” He sat down at a sound board and started messing with buttons. “Yep. He’s pretty cool.” I just looked around the studio at the decorations and platinum records that were plastered all over the walls. His dad was a very successful producer here in Vancouver… which I thought was weird because Josh didn't act like it was a big deal.

“Why’re you here?” “My dad’s trying to go clean, I think. He’s gonna help your dad. Told me to meet him here after school.” Josh moved some more knobs on the soundboard. “Okay, it’s ready. Get in there.” He smirked at me and I squinted my eyes. “Huh?” “I just wanna test something. But I need a subject.” He stood up and opened the door. Out of the window connecting the two rooms, you could see a microphone with a pair of headphones and nothing else. The floors were mahogany but other than that- it was pretty plain. “Just for a second.” I sighed and took my book bag off. “What do I say?” Picking up the headphones and putting one on my ear, he smiled. “Anything you want.” He said over the intercom. He moved another dial. “Whenever you’re ready.” A bit of soft music started playing and I looked around awkwardly. “Doo da doo do.” He smirked a little and then spoke over the music. “Sing something.” I shook my head and he stuck out his tongue. That’s when I noticed he had a tongue ring and he was now doubly attractive. Good God. “Okay, okay. Um…” I took a deep breath, closed my eyes and the only song that came to my head was a song I’d written a while ago. “Stay, for the night. If you want to, I can show you what my dreams are made of as I’m dreaming of your face.” I heard rustling but I didn’t open my eyes. “I don’t think words can express your beauty…” Before I knew it, the music had stopped but I didn’t. “They say that love is forever, your forever is all that I need. Please stay, as long as you need…” Someone was near me and I opened my eyes to see Josh just standing in front of me and the mic.

He bent down a bit and slowly inched towards my face. I leaned too, I don’t know why I did it, really. I’m never that bold. I’m never… whatever. Doesn’t matter because oh my gosh! I closed my eyes and when I could feel his breath right above my lips, I braced myself. “Joshua!” A harsh voice called over the intercom. I opened my eyes, meeting his again and he just shook his head, obviously annoyed. He spun around. “Hey, Prince.” He put his hands in his pockets and put his head down. “Get out of there! You know you’re not allowed to play in here.” I peered around Josh and waved awkwardly. “And that is?” He said so angrily. Josh grabbed my hand and I followed him out of the recording portion. It was extremely uncomfortable and my heart started hurting. Whenever that happens, I usually have a panic attack. “I’m Echo.” I quickly said, trying to distract myself. I won’t embarrass myself here like I did back home. “So?” He looked back at Josh who was still holding my hand, his grip getting tighter and tighter. “Her dad’s the new producer working with you guys.” He scoffed. “Out. I don’t want you kids in my studio. Messing things up.” “But did you hear her?” “What did I say?” Josh put his head down. “Got it.” He mumbled. He loosened his grip on my hand and tried to pull me with him. “The bathrooms need cleaning. But first, the techs and I are pulling an all-nighter. So make sure we’ve got everything we need, yeah? You can help him too, girl.” He turned from us and started fidgeting with the soundboard.

Josh quickly pulled me out of there, clearly upset. I just think he was embarrassed. Then his name was called again. “Josh. Don’t forget to take your meds either. Don’t want another… um… incident, right?” He put quotations around “incident” and I didn’t know what that meant but Josh’s fists balled up. I grabbed one of them just to get his attention. “Come on. Gotta get stuff.” We walked down the hallway as the door to the room we were in slammed shut. “I fuckin’ hate that guy.” He said once we got around the corner. He punched a wall and his breathing got heavier. “Who is he?” “Justin Prince- my dad’s the producer and this is his studio but he’s like the financial advisor or some shit. Just a douche.” “But you seemed okay… kinda.” He just stared at the wall, shaking. “Um…” I put my hands in my pockets. “What incident?” He looked at me, his eyes glaring so intensely. “Doesn’t matter. I’ll be back.” He turned right, and walked down a hallway. I didn’t know what to do so I waited.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yes, that's from Sleeping With Sirens. Yes, this is supposed to kind of be set before Sleeping With Sirens existed. But I'm doooiiinnngggg something! You'll see soon :)