Status: Hey guys! Thanks for reading/clicking on this. I'll be updating whenever I can! <3

We are Broken

Chapter 1

"Skylar sweetie, some nice people are here to meet you!" I heard my foster mother, Delilah, yell.

I cringe at the thought of people wanting to see me. I mean, who would want to see me? Most people that come here are looking for little babies, I'm 15, not to mention I'm horribly ugly, I'm self conscious, I'm weird. None of the foster kids like me, they all make fun of me. Some even call me emo and anorexic. That's why I don't go to public schools, kids are cruel. I went to a public school for 1 month and after that I was in the hospital for getting beaten up. I had broken ribs, a broken nose, black eyes. Delilah had no choice but to put me on ecot. Delilah is the only decent person in this place, and that's only when there's people here to see a kid, but hey, at least she has the courtesy to put on an act when people are here. I understand why she is how she is though, I mean if I had to take care of a bunch of brats who didn't appreciate a damn thing I don't think I'd be too happy either.

"Skylar!" Delilah yell again, her voice getting louder as she ascended the stairs.

I quickly jumped up and fixed my hair quickly, opening the door just as she was about to bust in.

"Did you not hear me yelling for you? There are people here to see you Skylar, I think they want to adopt you"

"I'm sorry Ms. Delilah, I wanted to change my clothes and fix my hair before I met them, I'll try to be quicker next time" I say quietly, putting my head down.

"If there is a next time! Come on down and meet these people" Delilah says, grabbing my arm and leading me down the stairs. "Skylar, this is Matthew and Valary, Matthew and Valary, this is Skylar!" Delilah introduced us.

"Hi Skylar!" Valary says, pulling me into a hug "It's nice to meet you!"

I blush and stand there awkwardly for a second, wondering if I should hug back or not, deciding it would be rude if I didn't. "Hello, Valary" I said softly, hugging the woman back.

"And I'm Matt" Matt says when Valary lets me go and puts his hand out for a hand shake.

"Hi, it's nice to meet you both" I say while shaking Matt's hand, remembering that Delilah had told me to be polite and say things like that.

"Why don't I take you guys into my office so we can start the interview" Delilah says as she leads us down the long corridor to her office. "I apologize for the mess in here, you guys can take a seat right there". Delilah points to 3 chairs as she takes a seat behind her computer.

"Mr. and Mrs. Sanders you guys can just ask Skylar some questions and make sure you guys want to adopt her, if you do you can fill out these sheets" She explained to them, handing them some clip boards. "Don't feel as if it would be rude if you don't want to adopt her, it is 100% your decision! I'll be making dinner for the kids, yell for me if you need anything!" Delilah says and walks out the door.

"Well Skylar, what kind of things do you like to do? Do you have any hobbies?" Valary asked me

"Umm, none of the foster kids are allowed to do much" I lied, not wanting to tell them that I hate doing a lot of things and if I don't have to interact with other people, I probably won't. "But I do listen to music a lot"

"Oh you do? What kind of music do you listen to? Any favorite bands?" Matt question, folding his hands over the table.

"I mainly listen to rock, my favorites are probably..hmm..I'd have to say My Chemical Romance, Mayday Parade, Sleeping with Sirens, Pierce the Veil, 3 days Grace...Avenged Sevenfold" I say, hesitating about telling them Avenged Sevenfold is my favorite band, thinking it would make them not want to adopt me.

"You listen to Avenged Sevenfold?!" Matt exclaimed with a huge smile on his face, "I like you!"

I smiled and blushed madly. "Yeah, my brother was a huge fan and he got me into you guys"

Val smiled big and turned to Matt "I think she's a winner!"

"I agree" Matt smiled and started filling out the adoption sheet, Val doing the same.

"Hows everything going in here?" Delilah asked, popping her head in the door"

"We're taking her!" Val exclaimed happily

"Oh my, that's fantastic! Will you be taking her home today?"

"Yes ma'am!" Matt smiled

"Well Skylar, you better go upstairs and start packing!" Delilah told me

I stood up and shot Matt and Val a smile before going upstairs to my room, still in shock that Matt and Val Sanders were going to adopt me, Skylar Blaine. I begin packing all my things, (which isn't much) in my small black duffle bag.

Once I'm finished, I walk down the stairs and go into the kitchen where all the kids were eating.

"Ew! Someone's adopting that emo thing?!" One of the guys remarked, causing everyone to laugh.

I rolled my eyes and walked over to Marissa, the 5 year old little girl who has looked up to me since she got here.

"Sky-sky, where are you going?" Marissa pouted, looking up at me.

"I got adopted sweetie" I answered and hugged her as she started crying "Shhh, don't cry Riss, you know my number, you can call me whenever you need me and I'll be here, okay? You're gonna be fine Riss, you have friends here, you have Jace, go play with Jace!" I said and pointed to 6 year old Jace sitting all alone.

"Okay Sky! I love you!" Riss said and kissed my cheek before running off to play with Jace.

Val came over and put a hand on my shoulder "If you ever want to come back to see her that's fine Skylar, we'll take you here everyday if that would make you happy"

"No it's fine, she's got little friends to play with" I smiled and stood up, grabbing my bag.

"Is that all?" Val asked and I nodded "Well jeez, we're gonna have to take you shopping she laughed as all 3 of us walked to the door.

"Are you ready?" Matt asked me and I smiled, nodding. "Well lets go!" He said and walked out the door, followed by Val.

"Finally that emo scum is gone!" I heard someone yell, followed by laughter as I closed the door.

"Have they always treated you like that?" Val asked me as I climbed into their huge truck"

"Yeah, but it doesn't bother me anymore" I said quietly.

"Well dear, since it's 8 pm, we probably won't get to our house until midnight with this traffic, so if you'd like to sleep you can!" Matt said, looking at me through his mirror.

"I might just do that" I smiled at them before putting my headphones in and closing my eyes, falling asleep almost instantly.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys! Well first off thank you for even being interested enough to click on this haha. This is the first story I have ever written so please don't be too mean to me? Comments or something like that would be nice :) Thanks loves!
~ xoxo, Melody