The Girl Next Door

Chapter 53

“My favourite color’s red.” I said as I reached Harry’s locker, his diary firmly held in my arms.

“Excuse me?” He asked, clearly amused as he shut his locker door.

“I despise the number thirteen with a passion, anything below a ‘B’ is considered a bad grade if you ask me, I’m addicted to Breakfast Club and I am desperately in love with you, Harry Styles.” I said all in one breathe. He looked at me, his eyes searching for an explanation. “You write pretty words, you know. But what makes them so special is how raw and true they are. At least, I hope they are.” I said, looking at him. “So I figured, since you were so brutally honest and open in that journal and you allowed me to see yet another side of you I had never seen before, those little facts about me were my thank you.” I smiled. He smiled back, rolling his eyes before kissing me.

“So, let me get this straight. You got to read my deepest secrets and, in return, I get to know your favourite color? What a great deal.” He said sarcastically and it was my turn to roll my eyes.

“Okay, what do you wanna know?” I asked.

“Me?” He asked innocently. “Nothing, nothing at all! You know, most guys would probably freak out at the fact that their girlfriend was spotted at another guy’s house. Oh! And did I forget to mention the other guy happens to be the guy who threw a fit when said girlfriend admitted to be in a relationship leading the boyfriend into thinking that this guy may or may not be in love with said girlfriend and without forgetting the fact that this very girlfriend has made a very big deal out of the fact that she isn’t talking to that guy anymore. Yeah, most people would probably be asking tons of questions by now but not me. I, in fact, am totally at ease with you secretly hanging out with Niall again. I love it.” He smiled, putting his arm around me and I sighed.

“You’re such a stalker.” I accused weakly, feeling guilty about not telling him sooner even if it wasn’t a big deal. “Do you want the story or not?” I asked.

“Depends. Is he a good kisser or not?” He asked but I could feel the humour behind his voice. I nudged him playfully with my shoulder and his grip tightened around me.

“After reading a part of your journal I needed a break from it. I mean too much had been revealed and my head was spinning and I don’t even remember how I got to Niall’s place but I did and-“

“Kaleigh, what happened?” He urged as we stopped walking. I could hear the nervousness behind his voice. Like he wasn’t ready to hear whatever I was about the tell him but he needed to.

“We fought.”

“And?” He pressed.

“I left.” I said and he let out a sigh of what seemed like relief. “I was selfish, Harry. I mean it hurt me when Niall and I stopped talking and I was so busy thinking about me that I forgot an important thing.”

“What’s that.”

“He was your best friend too.” I answered and he looked at me before sighing and leading me slowly to our class.

“I don’t care, Kayles. I mean it didn’t hurt as much as it hurt you.” He tried to explain but I shook my head, not believing it.

“Don’t feed me that crap. It had to hurt you. Don’t forget you gave me a V.I.P pass into your brain.” I reasoned and he chuckled.

“Thanks for the concern, babe, but I’m fine. Now can I please have my journal back? I kinda need it for class” He smirked. I glared and gave it to him. “Oh and there’s something I forgot to mention.” He said as we got into lass and took our seats.

“I am desperately in love with you too, Kaleigh Williams.” He smiled and I smiled back before rolling my eyes.

“You are so cheesy.”

“You love it.”

“Can’t argue with that.”