The Girl Next Door

Chapter 57

"My mom made breakfast." I heard Harry's hushed voice in my ear. Where was I? I reluctantly opened my eyes and slowly remembered. I tried to get up but I groaned and fell back down on the bed. I felt nauseous and I had the biggest headache. Harry chuckled. "A little hungover, love?"

"I want to die." I whined in the pillow. Harry laughed, rubbing my back a little.

"What do you remember from last night?" He asked. I turned around slowly, facing him.

"I...I remember you giving me beer from the fridge. And I vaguely remember meeting people." I said as I tried to recall my night. "Someone was there. Was it Liam?" I asked and that made Harry laugh quietly again.

"I don't think Liam would show up at a party like this." He reasoned.

"I didn't think I'd show up either." I retorted.

"I definitely corrupted you." He smirked and I attempted to laugh but groaned at the pain it caused to mu stomach.

"But then who did I see yesterday?" I asked. Harry sighed.

"I think you mean Niall." He answered and I suddenly remembered.

"I'm sorry." I muttered. Harry looked at me with pure confusion.

"Why?"

"Because he's always just...there. You know?"

"Yeah. Well I'm sorry too. You know, I thought it would be easier to just not have him in our lives. For selfish reasons mostly, I thought 'hey, if he's not in the way, then I can have Kaleigh'. I thought that as long as he was there, I didn't stand a chance. But obviously he's in our lives even when he isn't, in a strange way. So...I think I'm gonna go apologize to him." Harry said. I lifted my head in a quick motion and ignored the immense pain I felt.

"Apologize?"

"For that black eye I gave him." He shrugged.

"But what about him?" I asked and Harry rolled his eyes.

"I'm trying to be the bigger man here." He said and I laughed a little, he wasn't used to be the mature one.

"I'm proud of you. But don't do it for me. I know you miss him too." I reasoned and he snorted.

"I don't miss people." He scoffed.

"So you never miss me?" I asked, pretending to be outrageously offended.

"Don't make me get all mushy this morning please. I already have to swallow my pride enough today with all that Niall shit I'm about to do."

"You're doing that today?"

"As soon as possible to get it over with and before I change my mind."

"Fine. I'll get out of your hair then." I said as I slowly got up and looked around the room to gather my things. Harry grabbed me by the waist and turned me around, smirk firmly planted on his face.

"The answer is yes." He said. "I do miss you. A lot more than I will ever let myself admit."

I smiled as he kissed my cheek.

"Don't go yet." He told me. "My mom made breakfast and my dad works this weekend. Just...stay for a bit okay?" He asked with such vulnerability, I decided to ignore the nausea and smiled again, accepting his request.