If It's Over, Let It Go

I Think It Must Be True Love

Brooke was just about to leave the library when her phone beeped. She shoved her textbook into her bag and picked it up. It was Jeff.

hey are you done studying?

checking up on me? she laughs a little even though he obviously can't hear her. and ya i am

no just telling u we won in case u were too busy to check the score

congrats!

thanks :) ill see u tmrw

okay. night babe

night babe i love u, he wrote back. Brooke smiled a little before slipping her phone into the pocket of her hoodie and heading home.

~~~~~

Jeff wasn't even home for a minutes before he pulled Brooke into a kiss, basically pushing her up against the wall.

"Woah..hey", she giggled. Jeff smiled at her brightly.

"I missed you"

"You were only gone for..", she trailed off, doing the calculations in her head, "Eighteen hours"

"That's still way to long", he replied, kissing her again. He only stopped to gesture to the takeout he'd picked up on his way home from the airport.

"You're the best", Brooke said, smiling when she saw his face light up.

"Anything for my girl", he said sweetly, which got him a huge hug.

He carried his bags up to their room while Brooke loaded Netflix and tried to find a movie for them to watch. When he came back, he sat down next to her, pulling her practically into his lap.

They manage to finish their dinner, but end up missing most of the movie because they're too busy making out on the couch, Jeff's weight pressing Brooke down into the cushions, his legs tangled up with hers.

"You know", he said, sitting up a little, "I'm really bad at like, this but, uhm, I really, really love you and you know that right?"

He waited until she nodded before he went on, "And I, like, I'm glad we're okay now because you're actually the best thing that's ever happened to me. Like, better the being drafted or-"

"You're the best thing that's ever happened to me too", Brooke said softly.

"Y-yeah, I'm just so happy that we're like, okay, because I can't imagine not being with you because..because you're perfect for me", he smiled shyly, his voice cracking on the last few words.

"You don't even know how lucky I am..like honestly, you are the nicest guy I have ever met and any girl would be so, so lucky to be with you and you're with me and..", she trailed off.

"You're the one who moved to Raleigh for me....like holy crap, how did I find someone this great?", Jeff said, wrapping his arm around her.

"I know that I haven't acted like it lately but you're so important to me and I'm really glad we're okay", she mumbled, leaning her head against his chest. Jeff smiled really sweetly at her and when she looked up at him, he pressed a soft kiss onto her lips before they both turned back to watch the end of the movie.

~~~~~~

"Can you..?", Brooke trailed off, turning around so Jeff could zip up her dress. The Hurricanes had beat the Kings that afternoon so the two of them were going to celebrate with a few of Jeff's teammates at one of their houses.

"You look really good", Jeff said softly, after she'd turned back around. She smiled but before she could say anything he placed his hands on her hips and presses her back up against the wall. He leaned down so their foreheads were touching and smiled.

She rose an eyebrow, "We have to go"

"You are so boring", Jeff whined but he was laughing when he kissed her. She laughed, grabbing a fistful of of his shirt to pull him closer to her. After a moment, Jeff stood up straighter and smiled at her, "Now we can go"

Brooke leaned forward and kissed him again, tugging on his bottom lip with her teeth. Jeff laughed again, "Then again, I doubt the guys would notice if we didn't show up"

She pulled away and giggled, "Come on"

~~~~~

"So how long have you guys been dating for?", one of Jeff's teammates, Ryan, asked. Brooke was sitting with him and another rookie, Elias. Jeff had been with them but he'd gone off to find Cam or someone.

"Almost five years", she answered, unable to keep a smile from appearing on her face. Both guys looked surprised.

"You guys started dating when you were like...what?"

"Sixteen"

Elias rose his eyebrows, "Woah"

"I guess we should have figured you guys had been together for a long time. He's always talking about you"

"Yeah?", she asked as she felt a pair of arms wrap around her waist. She turned around so she could smile at Jeff.

"Don't believe anything they say", he said seriously, making Ryan and Elias laugh.

"They were just telling me how you always talk about me", she giggled, watching his face turn red.

"Oh my God, we're all out after a win and he's all sad cause he misses you", Ryan said, him and Elias still laughing. Jeff's face turned even redder.

"Aw, that's cute"

"You guys suck", Jeff whined. His teammates both smiled mischievously. Jeff grabbed her hand.

"Come on, I don't want these losers to embarrass me anymore"

Brooke giggled and followed after him, "Nice meeting you guys"

Jeff sat down on the couch next to Jordan, Eric, and their wives. Brooke sat down beside him, curling into his side.

"Your so cute, you know?", she said quietly, so only he would hear. He pressed a kiss onto the top of her head and pulled her into his chest. She smiled as she leaned into him, once again so grateful that this was her life, that she was still with such a great guy.
♠ ♠ ♠
I thought there should be a cute chapter instead of them constantly fighting and all so yeah :))