Status: Feedback greatly appreciated, please be patient. Updates come when they can :)

Cowboys and Angels

Chapter One

-Sadie-

I loved to feel the wind in my hair, the sun on my face, and the birds singing symphonies in my ears. The thing I loved the most about living on a farm in Grove, Alabama was the sound of silence, no cars, no phones, no city people. I was riding my horse on a summer day with my two best friends, Darcy Kiefer and Kenna Rawson.
“You’re gonna work that poor horse to death!” Darcy said as she rode up beside me.
“Are you kiddin’ me? Ol’ Dusty here is bouncin’ off the walls after that ride.” I replied. I saw a cloud of dust in the distance on our gravel road.
“Expectin’ company Sadie?” Kenna asked as she joined us. I shook my head as I ran through my head of the possible people we could be expecting.
“It might be the farm help Daddy hired for the summer.” I considered.
“Your Daddy hired farm help? You know what that means, big strong arms throwing hay and cleaning stalls. Just think of the nights you can sneak away to play.” Darcy winked and fantasized.
“You know Daddy would kill me if I fooled around with one of his help.” I busted her daydream.
“We all know that there’s a rebel deep down inside that hard shell waiting to break loose. You’ve been a good girl for too long, it’s about time you did something against what he said and break the rules.” Kenna said. All of the sudden a black lifted ford f250 truck drove over the hill.
“That must be the help.” I said.
We all watched the truck pull up to the house and three cowboys jump out. We all looked at each other.
“Imagine the fun you can have in the back of that truck.” Darcy said with a wink.
“And in the bed.” Kenna added with a smirk
“Let’s get the horses in, and meet these cowboys.” I said and we raced to the barn.

After putting the horses in their stalls we went outside to meet the help as they talked with Daddy.
We peeked through the barn doors to sneak a peek of the help, giggling like little school girls as our eyes soaked in the sexiness of the men. I tried not to show too much emotion and get carried away as I studied each one. I listened closely as they introduced themselves to Daddy.
“Howdy, name’s Thomas Carson. I’m your boss for the next three months.” He introduced himself with a firm nod. I knew the boys were scared of Daddy. Daddy already had each one shaking’ in their boots.
“Nice to meet you sir, I’m Hunter Evans.” Said the one I was most attracted to. He had slightly long hair enough to spike and run my fingers through. I bit my lip as I imagined my hands running through his hair. He was wearing a white t-shirt and jeans that barely hung on his hips. His t-shirt clung to his muscles making my mouth water. And I could see a tattoo on his shoulder and chest through his t-shirt.
“The name’s Wesley Bryce.” He seemed conceited. He had a tattoo almost like Hunters that I saw peeking through his flannel. He was clearly the oldest, which suited Darcy because she was the one eyeing him and she was the oldest out of us.
I glanced at Kenna to see if she had set her hooks on one of the guys. And she had them sunk on the youngest one. He was shy and not as tall as Hunter. “I’m John Clark”
We made our way out of the barn and stopped hiding from the guys. They locked eyes on us and the reactions of them almost made us melt.
“This is my little girl, Sadie Carson.” Daddy introduced me with a pat on my back. “And none of ya’ll touch her or I’ll wring you up by your ears to the barn. Got it?”
They all nodded with fear that Daddy meant what he said. Each one of the guys shook hands with Daddy.
“Now, let’s get you three to work.” Daddy said and walked off towards the barn to show the guys their room.
“Holy hell. We are in a world of trouble ladies.” Kenna said.
“Now guys, we can’t disrespect Daddy. I think we need to act like we don’t like the guys as much as possible so Daddy doesn’t think anything is going on.”
“Alright boss. But damn, it’ll be hard to keep my eyes and hands off Wes.”

-Hunter-

“Farmers daughters pretty smokin’ hot man. I bet you wanna plow that field.” Wes said as we unpacked our suitcases.
“Bro, remember why we’re here?” I asked him.
“Hell no I forgot everything when I saw that girl.” Wes said.
“I’ll remind you. We’re here so we can afford an apartment in Florida remember?”
“But why would you want to live in Florida when we can live here where there’s beautiful women?!”
“There’s beautiful women anywhere you go man. Put your dick back in your pants and remember what the boss said.”
“I don’t care what the boss said. I’m goin after that brunette.” Wes said as he gave John a high-five.
“Yea bro, I need to give that blonde a taste.” John said.
“Seems like I am the only one here that doesn’t have my tongue out and pant like a dog when a pretty lady walks by.”
“You just are afraid to admit you like another girl other than Kendra.” Wes said.
Kendra is my best friend from my childhood. I knew her since I was six. We grew up in the same neighborhood. We shared crayons in elementary school. I always had a crush on her but was too afraid to say anything and ruin the friendship.
“Shut up and let’s get to work.” I said before the topic was talked about more.
Mr. Carson told us to meet him outside the barn once all of our bags were unpacked. We reported as we were told and there he stood all tall and scary, lookin at us like we were the big bad wolves that ate little red.
“Alright, now that ya’ll are settled in. Let’s go over the rules. Sunday’s the only day ya’ll have off so enjoy it cause I’m not one for negotiatin’. Don’t touch or look at the girls. Say ‘thank you’ and ‘yes ma’am’ if they talk to you. The only thing you need from them is meals, water and cold wash rags. Be done with work by seven for dinner, report to the barn for the meal. No alcohol, no smokin’ and no drugs on the property. And if you cause any drama or fights, I’ll cut every one of the balls that ya’ll have. Got it?”
“Yes sir.”
“Good. My son will show you what to do as work goes. His name is Zach, he’s out in the field now.” Mr. Carson said before dismissing us before he went inside the house.
Damn. This summer would suck.

-Sadie-

All three of us sat around the water in the lake. Soaking up the sun on our farmer tanned arms.
“I don’t think I’m tanning at all.” Kenna said as she observed her skin.
“Darlin, you are burning. There is no ounce of tan on that skin of yours.” I told her. I looked to see if I was burning at all. Nope. I flipped over on my stomach. I handed Kenna tanning lotion. “Put this on. And reapply if you get wet.”
Darcy made a gasp and I turned to ask what’s wrong. Her face said it all. I followed her gaze to see three shirtless men walking across my Daddy’s field to meet Zach who was feeding the cows.
“Remind me to thank your Daddy for hiring’ them.” Kenna whispered.
“You guys act like you never seen a shirtless guy before.” I said trying to not make it a big deal that there were three gorgeous guys on my farm.
“Not one that looks that good shirtless.” Darcy said as she soaked Wes in.
“I’m sorry guys what did you say, I was distracted by John.” Kenna said with a dazed look on her face.
“Guys, it’s hotter than the devils balls out. Let’s go swimming.” I said as I stood up. They quickly followed me to the water. To create some attention from the help, I started a splashing fight. And before I knew it, the help came running towards our giggles and squeals.
“Can we join in on the fun?” Wes asked.
“Shouldn’t ya’ll be workin?” I asked.
“We are, but it’s hot as hell out here and we need to cool off before we have a heat stroke.” John said.
“Well come on then. Free country aint it?” I asked.
“Last time I checked.” Hunter said as the guys walked into the water.
Just then Zach came around the corner.
“Are ya’ll done?” he asked
“Almost.”
The guys walked out of the lake after soaking their shirts. I snuck a peek at Hunters back as he walked away. His soaked shirt clung to his back and I could see the muscles through the wetted fabric.
“I don’t think I’ve seen anything hotter than Wes in a wet shirt. Lord half mercy.” Darcy said.
“I think were going to see that more often this summer.” I said with a wink.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm still new to the site, so I need help on designing a layout. I'll be open to anything! Feedback is appreciated. :)