Postcards and Polaroids

The Cheap Bouquet

I spent the whole night watching the whole season 3 of How I Met Your Mother and packing for my Florida trip tomorrow with my dad and his new wife, Grace. They got married last month and decided to go on a trip with me and Grace’s two daughters. I don’t even know why they chose Florida which is almost halfway across the country.

“Passports, check. Tickets, check. Ipod, check. Sweaters, check. Okay we’re ready to go.” I sighed. I wanted to reject my dad’s offer of having this Florida trip thing because first of all, I have really bad memories that I don’t really want to remember but I’m doing this for the sake of hanging out with him and Grace (plus her two other daughters).

“Alex, why don’t you go to sleep already? We’re gonna leave really early tomorrow. Are you excited for the Florida trip?” I approached Alex lying on the floor playing with her doll. She nodded and stood up, running towards her room.

“Good night mommy! I love you.” Kissing my cheek before she continued running to her room.

“Good night baby, see you tomorrow morning.”

I continued fixing our things because I didn’t want to be stressed tomorrow morning. I lied down to the couch and thought of Kellin and what happened last week. I started receiving texts from him this past few days and we started talking again. I mean, I guess this is the only way I could gain back my friendship with Kellin, after all he’s the only one who still cares about me (well besides my dad). Kellin even asked me to have lunch with him the other day but I said I couldn’t because I had to take care of Alex when apparently she was in school. I just feel, I’m still not comfortable being with him. Well I hope he do understand this. I fell asleep in the couch while listening to Sleeping with Sirens songs. Man, do I miss Kellin that much? I looked at the clock, realizing it’s already 4 am and I have to be at the airport by 6. I went running inside Alex’s room and awaking her up.

“Alex, Florida trip time!” I whispered; brushing her hair. She woke up immediately and ran through the bathroom door. You can tell she’s pretty much damn excited for it.

“I will be down stairs to prepare your breakfast.” I knocked at her door.

“Please tell me it’s gonna be bacon.”

I chuckled, “If you’re done taking a bath in five minutes then okay.” I heard her turning on the shower as soon as I said those words. I went down stairs and cooked bacon for her even though she was 2 minutes late.

“Alex! Breakfast’s here.” I went to her room. “It’s bacon, your favorite.” I smiled. She turned to me with her green big eyes and a wide smile then came running down stairs. She’s really hyper when it comes to bacons, just like me when I was young. She likes Pizza too, typical white kid (although she’s just 6).

Taking a really fast shower and breakfast, I loaded all our things in the car and started driving to my dad’s hotel where he and Grace are checked in so we’ll all go to the airport together. I texted my dad that I’m at the lounge already. I saw him from the elevator and ran towards his arms, gosh I miss my dad so much. I hugged him so tight.

Oh my god, I missed you dad!” I said.

“I missed you too honey.” He chuckled and placed me down. I let go and fixed my hair and dress.

“Kyle, Grace. Grace, Kyle.” He said, introducing me to Grace. When I looked at Grace, she was so young-looking. I mean, my dad told me she’s the same age as his. So she’s 46 but looked like a 35. Like wow mind-blown as hell.

“Oh, it’s nice to finally meet you.” I gave her a warm hug and smile. I saw her two daughters. The eldest, wearing a really casual t-shirt and skinnies but the other one really caught my attention because she was wearing a band merch, an All Time Low sweatshirt.

“Psst, you like bands?” I whispered to her.

“Yes, ohmygod! Do you?” She said. I winked at her, pulling off my ‘yes-duh-dude’ face. “No way!”
“Yes, way.”
“What bands do you like?” She asked. I just laughed in front of her and she was looking at me like ‘what did I say wrong?’ I actually don’t know why I just laughed at her.

“I, I’m sorry.” I said awkwardly, by the fact that I laughed at her out of nowhere.

“It seems like you and Red are getting along with each other.” Grace approached us and squeezed Red by her shoulder. Oh so Red is her name. Nice name, kiddo. Honestly, Red’s really pretty, she’s the typical fangirls out there. She has blue-bleached hair, which is really nice. She has green eyes, with no piercings and tattoos. I guess she’s young and Grace is not letting her have ‘em. She wore, like what I said, an All Time Low sweatshirt and black skinnies with all-black converse. You can actually distinguish she like bands, and she’s really prefect. Not that I am going lesbo for her.

“Oh yeah, we both like bands which is really rad and awesome.” I bit my lip. Grace smiled at us and told me that it’s time to load up their things in the car. (They had so many things like wow okay.) My dad decided that he’ll be the one to drive going to the airport since he said I already drove going their hotel. I was quite excited for the trip since I had a new (mother) family-ish. I was already comfortable being with Grace and her two other daughters; although, the other one didn’t really talk much which is really sad because the whole drive going to the airport, I was just talking to Red. I did actually try talking to Bay (Bay is her name and it’s really cool. Like how come that have really rad names.) She just answered me with a nod, She doesn’t like me, eh?

“Kyle, do you know Pierce the Veil?” Red asked as we were buckling up our seatbelts, getting ready for the flight. I froze and coughed, I knew she was going to ask this one.

“psh, yeah. Why?” I rolled my eye, not that I am being mean but DUDE SHE’S ASKING ABOUT PIERCE THE VEIL.

“Nothing, because you have the same name as the,” she paused and did that quote hand gesture, “rumor girl Vic dated.”

“Because it was me.” I whispered.

“hmm?”

“Nothing, I said ‘really?’” I lied. I didn’t want to tell her that it was me because she might kill me and what no, we didn’t date. We just hanged out (kind of).

“Yup and I think you have a really nice name. I’m seeing Pierce the Veil in Florida.” I almost spill the AriZona I was drinking. No fucking way. Oh my god, I’m seeing Vic again. No. No. NO.

“Shit, no way?” I looked at her with ‘you’re-kidding-right’ face. She just nodded at me and laughed. She asked me why I was in total shock about it, like as if I’ve never seen them yet, which in fact is true because it’s been 5 years. Then I asked my dad what was the reason why he wanted to go to Florida, and he told me because he just wanted to go to Universal Studios and Disneyland, I knew he was still hiding something from me so I bugged me like “are you sure that’s the only reason?”, “That’s all? Like nothing else?”, “seriously?” and “do you have any plans besides that? I mean, do we really need to stay in Florida for a week? Universal Studios and Disneyland will only take us 2 or 3 days. Are you hiding something?” Finally, he spilled that he planned something for me and Red, and that I was going to meet a long-time-no-see friend. I rested my head against the chair and bit my lip, knowing it was Vic, he bought us tickets to the Pierce the Veil concert. I’m going to fucking see Vic again after 5 years.

“When’s the concert?” I asked Red.

“I’m not sure but as far I know I’m going to their concert and I’m going to meet Pierce the Veil, All Time Low, A Day to Remember and The Wonder Years.” She smirked.

I’m so dead.
♠ ♠ ♠
GUYS I'M BACK HI

Comment, Recommend & Subscribe (the more, the faster i'll update wahey)