Status: the story is overrrrr. BUT ficlets here and there!

Lightning in a Bottle

Oh my car smells like chocolate

I was so busy being excited to be on the cover of Kerrang that I didn’t even think about how the article would go.

I should have known they’d try and stir up drama. I think the first thing that was annoying was the not so subtle One Direction plug that crept its way into every picture. I didn’t mind it really, they put me in this One Direction shirt that was all cut up and safety pinned to look “edgy” and put me in-between Oli and Josh and had us do our thing. Oli and Josh were in their own brands. I’d much rather have been wearing their stuff, I mean, wasn’t that the whole point of the cover spread?

Then, my small part of the article, all they asked me about was the barely there relationship Josh and I had years ago, and asked about Niall and One Direction.

Nothing about my friendships with Oli and Josh or modeling. They didn’t even ask me about music except for when they brought up Niall. I was already soooo annoyed and the magazine won’t even be out for a few weeks.

“So the whole thing sucked?” Kota asked. We were changing into sundresses for the photoshoot we were about to do for Blue and her website. Blue had picked us up early than took us on a 3 hour drive to the hills. Our ‘dressing room’ was literally the trunk of Blue’s SUV.

I shrugged, “I enjoyed doing the photoshoot. They let me keep the clothes, so I now I have 2 pairs of cute high waisted shorts- so trendy!” I shot sarcastically, “Plus an ‘edgy’ One Direction top. But the interview sucked.”

“You should have known they were going to just ask about your relationship with Josh, that was obvious with Kerrang,” Blue said as she took a few test shots as she picked a lens.

“Well I was holding out hope that it would be more professional. Won’t make that mistake again,” I laughed sarcastically.

“I’m so excited!” Kota gushed, “This is my first modeling experience! Thanks for asking me Blue.”

“Of course! I can’t wait to put your lovely face all over my website.”

I hopped out of the truck as I fixed the skirt of my dress. It was a cute knee long light blue skater dress (I’m not sure what that even means but that’s what Blue said), but I still hated wearing dresses. Though I had on some badass riding boots. “Why are we shooting all the way out in the country?”

“I want to use a lot of natural lighting. Plus it’s so pretty out here.”

It really was. We were on the side of this dirt road on a hill. The weeds were almost to my thigh and there were a few trees around, it was beautiful.

Once Dakota was done getting dressed and Blue had picked her lens, we got to work. I think we managed to take like 500 frames, but that was just how Blue was. She loved having a variety of shots to choose from, but it was also exhausting for me to stand in front of her camera for that long.

By dusk we were finally done and packed everything up and headed home. “Have either of you heard form Eleanor or Louis?” Kota asked from the back seat. “Are they pregnant yet?”

I shrugged, “I’ve texted with El, but she hasn’t said anything. And I’m pretty sure Louis would have told everyone already if they were.”

“How long have they been trying? A month?” Blue asked.

“Yeah, around there,” Kota confirmed.

I scoffed, “Why is it, that when someone’s not trying to get knocked up, it happens instantly?”

“Right?” Blue agreed. “Look at all those MTV teen moms. Eleanor should be pregnant already.”

“I bet she is, they’re just trying to keep it a secret,” Kota mused, “It’s something they’d do.”

“Yeah, but Louis is shit at secrets, he’d crack eventually.”

“So we should be hearing if they are soon then,” she laughed.

“Louis’ gonna be such a good father,” I mused.

Blue nodded, “I think they all are. I can’t wait to pop one out with Max.”

“Before or after your wedding?” Kota asked popping her head between our seats, “When are you bitches getting married anyway?”

“No idea,” Blue and I said at the same time, then laughed.

“It’ll happen when it happens,” Blue said.

I nodded, “Yeah, and Niall and I aren’t in any rush I don’t think.”

*****
Blue dropped us off at Dakota and Harry’s before she left to get home to Max. “The lads must still be golfing,” Kota said when we walked into her empty house.

“Niall better be wearing bit knee braces, I swear to god,” I sighed, sitting on her couch.

“I’m sure he is,” she said sitting next to me, “He wouldn’t risk making his other knee worse either.”

“True, but sometimes he ‘forgets’ to wear them. Little shit, he’s like a child.”

She smiled, “That’s Niall for you.” She hesitated for a moment, “So how are things after the ‘no kids’ conversation?”

I shrugged, “He hasn’t brought it up since we talked about it. I think it bothers him more than he lets on, and I feel really guilty for that.” I ran my lip through my teeth, “I don’t know, maybe I’m just being stupid about the whole baby thing, but I can’t help the anxiety you know?”

“I think everyone feels that ways. Well, almost everyone anyway.” She sighed, “For what it’s worth, I think you and Niall would be amazing parents. Your kids would have fantastic taste in music too.”

I smiled, “That’s true. But I don’t know. I just don’t want to think about it for a while.”

“That’s fair. I’m always here if you want to talk too babe, you know that.”

I nodded, “I know. So, I’m starving…”

“We should make dinner I guess. The lads should be back soon, it’s getting dark.”

*****

We were almost done making spaghetti when the guys came back, “Guess what!” Harry shouted into the house. He came running into the kitchen, Niall coming in, at a more normal speed, behind him. I noticed his kneed braces on and smiled. “I said guess what!”

“What Haz?” Kota asked as she drained the noodles.

“It smells amazing in here,” Niall mused.

“Shut up Niall, I’m trying to talk here!” Harry snapped.

“Then out with it Styles!” I sighed.

He threw his hands up, “Tomorrow we’re all guest listed for the 1975 concert!”

“Who?” Kota asked.

“WHAT?!” I shrieked. “Are you serious? Is this a joke? This better not be a joke!” I said glancing between the two lads in front of me.

Niall smirked, “I told you she’d lose her mind.”

“I’m serious! Matt Healy DMed me on twitter and said to come down. Matt Healy knows who I am!”

“Everyone knows who you are babe,” Kota mumbled dumping the noodles in a bowl, “You’re in One Direction remember.”

“Whatever, he wants use to come tomorrow, so we’re going.”

“I think I’m going to faint,” I said. I’ve been in love with The 1975 since their first EP. I’ve only ever since them once, which was not enough.

Harry pointed at me, “There, that’s the reaction I wanted Dakota. Take notes!”

“I don’t even know who they are! All your indie music blends together to me Harry, sorry.”

“I know what you mean,” Niall agreed.

“Niall!” I shrieked. “Don’t even pretend you don’t know who The 1975 is!”

He rolled his eyes, “Yes, I’ve had to head how ‘amaing Matty’s voice is!’ and how fit he is many, maaaaany times,” he scoffed.

“He is!”

“Have you heard his voice? Ni?” Harry asked, “It’s amazing. Even I’m jealous of it.”

“Oh my god, I hope they play ‘Heart Out’!” I said excitedly.

Harry nodded, “Me too, that’s my favorite.”

“Saaaame! Harry, same!”

“Sometimes Niall, it scares me how alike these two are,” Dakota stage whispered.

“Tomorrow’s going to be hilarious. I don’t think I’ve ever seen Harry fangirl.”

He scoffed, “You two are uninvited now.”

“Too late, you’ve already promised we’re going,” Niall laughed. He came over and wrapped his arms around me, kissing my neck, “How was the photoshoot.”

“Awesome. The place we went was so pretty! Harry just wait until you see how fit your girl looked.”

“My bird always looks fit,” he said kissing her cheek before trying to steal a piece of French bread.

She slapped his hand away, “Thanks for the compliment. Dinner’s ready by the way.”

*****

“I’m so excited for this concert! Look, I’m shaking!” I said holding my hands out for Niall to see.

He chuckled and grabbed my hand and laced out fingers together, resting them in his lap, “I love when you fangirl.”

We were in the back of Harry’s ranger rover on the way to the concert. “I’m excited too,” Harry said, glancing at me through the rearview mirror.

“You’re gonna have so much fun guys,” I said to Kota and Niall. They were glad to be coming, but I think were enjoying my and Harry’s excitement more than anything.

“I know, neither of you have shut up since last night about it,” she smirked back at me.

“Just wait till you see Matty Healy in person. Sooooo attractive!”

“Hey, I’m right here!” Niall said, “Remember me? Your fiancé?”

“What about you?” I scoffed jokingly.

He glowered at me, “Cute.”

I grabbed his face and placed a kiss on his lips, “I love you pop star. You know that.”

He smacked my face lightly, “I know,” he smiled smugly.

I was so nervous when we got to the venue. I know what you’re thinking, I’ve met lots of people over the years. And yeah, I have. But that doesn’t make it any less nerve-racking when I do!

We were let in through a back door, handed VIP laminates and escorted to the back stage area.

Okay, so… meeting The 1975 was amazing. They’re all so nice and so down to earth. Matt is even more fit close up in person, I thought I would die.

Harry and I started talking to all of them about their music and places they’ve toured. He and Niall exchanging tour stories with them.

“You’re drooling,” Kota whispered in my ear, laughing at me.

I pulled my gaze away from Matt, “I can’t help it, he’s cute! It’s like you standing in front of M. Shadows!” I hissed quietly.

She hummed, “Yeah, I get it.”

We stood around and talked with everyone until they had to get ready to perform. We were taken to the upper balcony, where we had such an amazing view of the stage. I was so excited to see them live again.

“Hey,” Niall said as he came up behind me. He rested his chin on my shoulder while his hands snaked around the front of the waist.

I leaned into him, “Hey.”

“Watching your drool over Matt really got me jealous.”

I laughed, turning in his arms, “I wasn’t drooling.”

“You so were,” he smirked.

I bit my lip trying to hide my smile, “I’m sorry. He’s just… so fit,” I sighed dreamily.

He scoffed, “Now you’re just being mean.”

I wrapped my arms tighter around his shoulder, burying my face in his neck, “You’re cute when you’re jealous.” He shivered as my lips grazed against his neck. His grip on my waist tightened.

He kissed me right under my ear causing me to pull back to place my lips to his. He wasted no time deepening the kiss. Chills raced down my body as he pressed me against the balcony railing as he kissed me.

Everything melted away and it was just Niall. This always happened when he kissed me. It didn’t matter where we were, I didn’t care. I was long past trying to hide the PDA in public. I didn’t give a fuck if it bothered his fans or they thought I was ‘rubbing it in’ as a few have said online over the years. Let them hate, or write long tumblr posts about why I’m a bitch. I didn’t care. All I cared about was the lad kissing me right now.

“Oh, get a room!” I heard Harry say. He shoved us and we pulled away, “Can’t take you anywhere.”

I scoffed, “Like I haven’t witnessed you and Kota doing the exact same thing,” I shot.

He smirked wrapping his arms tighter around his girlfriend, “That’s true I guess. But the bands about to start.”

I turned back to Niall, kissing him quickly one more time before I turned around to face the stage. He went back to leaning against me with his chin on my shoulder. “I love you,” he said as he placed his lips below my ear again.

“I love you too.”
♠ ♠ ♠
it's like all i write is Niall fluff and i LOVE IT!

did anyone else's worlds collide when Harry started tweeting about the 1975? because mine did.

so i know i said i was going to update everything at least twice this week, but i've been so busy!
Fear Of Flying should be out later tonight or tomorrow hopefully.