Status: the story is overrrrr. BUT ficlets here and there!

Lightning in a Bottle

Don't go too far ahead, we've got an awful lot of road to pave

Finn got me sick. He had a little cold when I had to watch him a few nights ago, and I woke up feeling like death warmed over.

Not only did I feel congested and had a slight cough, but I also had a stomach bug. I’d thrown up twice since I woke up.

So I kicked Niall out so he hopefully wouldn’t catch what I had and stayed curled up in bed watching movies.

“Babe, are you hungry?” Niall asked peeking his head in. I hadn’t been able to keep anything down except some tea since I woke up.

“No,” I coughed, “and I told you to stay out!”

He scoffed, “Have I ever listened to you?”

“I suppose not,” I said as I watched him make his way over to the bed where I was cocooned in blankets.

“What are you watching?” he asked as he sat up on the bed. Thankfully he sat a good space away. At least he was somewhat listening to me.

“A Walk To Remember.”

I watched a smile grace his lips, “How’s it compare to the book?”

“Well if you would watch it with me like I’ve asked, I don’t know how many times, than you’d know it’s a really good movie.” Though I admit, the book is better, but isn’t that always the case?

“I’m not into chick flicks. This movie always makes you cry.”

I snorted, “With all the cheesy things I’ve said over the years, you practically are a chick flick. And if you knew the story you’d cry too.”

“What’s it about? The book makes you sob even though you’ve read it over a thousand times.”

I looked up at him, “You really expect me to spoil it for you? It just started like 15 minutes ago why don’t you stick around and watch it.”

“You just told me to leave.”

“Yeah, well now I’m telling you to stay.”

“Fine,” he huffed, “Rewind, let’s get this over with.”

“Wow, try to rein in that enthusiasm there Ni.”

*****

Niall whipped at the few tears he had as the credits to the movie started to roll, “Why the hell is this your favorite book? That was miserable!”

“No, it was beautiful,” I sniffed. Crying while sick was the worst. It made my sinuses more clogged.

He scoffed, “No it wasn’t. He went through all that just to lose her. Who would write that?”

“I’m pretty sure that’s the point. You can’t edit life, terrible things just happen.”

“I can’t believe you made me watch that.” His eyes were red and puffy and he looked miserable, “Seriously, now all I’ll be thinking about is what I’d do if you died from cancer. Thanks,” he spat.

Despite the distain in his voice I could help smile, “I’m sorry Niall! I didn’t know it’d upset you that much.”

He pointed his finger at me accusingly, “I’m never watching The Notebook. Harry says it’s the worst.”

I laughed, “Of course he’s seen The Notebook. But duly noted, I won’t make you watch The Notebook… What about PS I Love You? They guy’s Irish!”

“Does anyone die of cancer in it?” I stayed quiet, though I couldn’t remember if the guy died of cancer or not, but my silence answered him just as much as my words would, “Then no. I don’t want to think about you or anyone I care about dying, thanks. Now what can I get you? You haven’t eaten all day, do you think you can get something down?”

I shrugged, “Maybe some toast.” My stomach still felt weird so I didn’t want to push it.

He stared at me for a long moment, “I’ll make you some soup,” he said getting up. “And I’ll bring you tea in a bit.”

“Thank you. I love you!”

“I love you too,” he threw over his shoulder as he walked out of the room, “Even if you made me watch that god awful movie,” he called from down the hall.

*****

A few days later I was starting to feel better. My stomach seemed to be much better and my cold was down to just a stuffy nose. Though Niall had caught whatever I had, though he didn’t get it as bad as me, just a little congestion, nothing else luckily.

Today I had a meeting with my manager, Laura. She was fantastic at her job and I wouldn’t want to work with anyone else. Danielle had set us up way back when I was starting to look for management for my little modeling career and I never regretted it. She was also still Danielle’s manager as well, which made it easy to stay in contact with her ever since she and Liam called it quits for good a few years ago.

As I was pulling on my Doc Martins, I heard the front door open from down stairs, “Hello?” I heard Harry call out. None of these boys ever knocked.

“We’re up here,” Niall shouted, then coughed.

Harry appeared at our bedroom door within seconds as I was lacing up my boots, “Hey, what’s goin’ on?”

“I’ve got a meeting, and Niall’s sick,” I explained.

Harry grimaced, “Damn. Kota’s at work, I was hoping someone wanted to hang out.”

“You can hang out with me!” Niall said from the bed.

“Yeah and get sick? No thanks.”

I chuckled and Niall glowered at him, “You can come with me if you want. Shouldn’t’ take long, then we can get food or something.”

“Oi, wait,” Niall said sitting up, “No offence but if you’re driving anywhere, Harry’s riding passenger.”

I rolled my eyes, “That accident a few months ago wasn’t even his fault,” I defended. He’s been on edge about me driving with Harry alone ever since that day.

“I don’t care. I’d feel more comfortable if you drove.”

I scoffed ready to fight back when Harry cut it, “Hey, it’s fine. I don’t mind.” He shrugged, like he had no care in the world. Though, he always acted like that. Leave it to Harry to always be ready to defuse a situation, “If the roles were reversed and Niall got in an accident with Kota, I’d feel the same way.”

I sighed, “Alright,” my voice clipped. I turned to Niall, “I’ll bring you back something to eat.”

“Nando’s?” he said hopeful.

“Maybe,” I sighed. “I’ll be back in a few hours, feel better k?”

“I love you,” Niall smiled.

“I love you too!” Harry and I said at the same time. “You’re such a twat,” I laughed as I shoved his arm.

“Don’t be jealous of the love Niall and I have Ayden. It’s not very becoming.”

I just rolled my eyes and headed out the door.

*****

“Kerrang wants you on the cover,” Laura said almost as soon as my bum hit the chair in her office. I left Harry out in the waiting room. “I couldn’t tell you this over the phone, it was too amazing!”

“I’m sorry, what?” I asked, “Why do they want me on the cover? I have nothing to do with music.”

She shook her head, “Except you do. They want to do a cover and a 3 page spread with you, Oli Sykes and Josh Franceschi. They’re doing the article mainly around their clothing brands, and seeing as you model for both and are a fan favorite, they want you in on it. You’d even get a part of the article.”

This was big. No, this was massive! I’ve never been on a cover, and to get to do it with two of my friends was even more amazing. “Well, of course I want to do it!”

“This could be amazing for your career Ayden. It could mean more offers and more music videos.”

I nodded, “Yeah, I get it. It’s huge,” I smiled.

She smiled happily at me as well, “If only I could talk you into doing something more commercial.”

I shook my head, “Nope. Sorry, not gonna happen. You know how I am.”

“I know, I know. You’re just in it to have fun with your friends. And I respect that. But you could be so massive! Cara Delevingne big!”

“And I’m flattered you think that. But runways and big photoshoot’s isn’t really my thing. Shooting for Seventeen magazine was even a stretch for me.”

“I know,” she sighed. She was always trying to get my name out there more and get me better deals and contracts. Get me more money (not that I needed it). I was grateful she wanted that for me, but it just wasn’t what I wanted. “So this shoot is next Monday. Does that work for you?”

I shrugged, “Yeah, shouldn’t be a problem.”

“Great. I’ll finalize all the details and get back to you.” We talked about upcoming things I had, and just caught up on each other’s lives before I headed back out.

Harry stood up when I exited her office, “That was quick.”

I nodded, “Yeah, she just wanted to tell me the news in person.”

“Yeah? And?” he listed an eyebrow curiously at me.

I beamed with excitement, “I’m gonna be on the cover of Kerrang with Oli and Josh! Also be apart of the 3 page spread!”

“That’s amazing Ayd!” he said pulling me into a hug, “That’s huge yeah?”

“It is! I’ve never been on a cover of anything!

“Niall’s going to flip when he hears. He’s totally your biggest fan,” he laughed.

I blushed, “It’s almost embarrassing.”

“What, you don’t like that he’s framed some of your work and displayed it in the house?” he smirked. It was awkwardly true. My and Niall’s house was like a One Direction and Ayden Scarepelli shrine. Niall was big on showing off how far we’d come. And I loved that about him, don’t get me wrong. It was just still so awkward for me to look at myself as… well a model.

I linked my arm through Harry’s, “Come on curly. Let’s go get some food.”

*****

I groaned as I looked down at my plate of food, “You know, I was hungry until this was in front of me.”

“What’s wrong?” Harry asked around a mouth full of chips.

I shrugged, “I’m still kind of getting over a cold and stomach bug. I thought I was past the stomach thing, but looking at this greasy burger is making me sick,” I pushed my pate away from me a bit.

He looked over at me with concern, “You do look a bit green.”

I gulped down some water slowly, trying to breathe, “I think I’m going to order something light like a salad or something. Get this boxed, Nialler will eat it.” I’d already ordered him his own to go, but I knew him well enough to know that he’d eat to orders, no problem. I flagged down our waiter and asked for a salad and a box for my untouched burger.

“Probably shouldn’t have gone so big right after you’ve been that sick,” he commented.

I shrugged, “Well I was starving! I thought I’d be fine!” I argued. “Salad sounds more appealing now though, sadly. I hate rabbit food,” I groaned.

“You are so Niall’s fiancé,” he chuckled.

“Bite me.”

*****

“You brought me two burgers?”

I shrugged as I set the takeaway boxes on the table in front of him, “I thought I could handle a burger, but I was wrong.” I sat in one a kitchen chair next to him.

“You alright?” he asked with concern.

“Yeah, I’m fine now. I had a salad and some of Harry’s chips. Just, I don’t know, when I looked at the burger when they set it down, the grease and stuff just didn’t work for me.”

He nodded as he opened one of the boxes and started eating some chips, “How was your meetin’?”

“It was amazing!”

He glanced at me, “Yeah? What happened?” he asked before taking a massive bite of the burger.

“I’m gonna be on the cover of Kerrang with Oli and Josh!”

He choked on his food, “What?” he said around his bite. He chewed quickly before swallowing, “Babe that’s amazing!”

I nodded, “I know! It’s gonna be a 3 page spread too, and I get to be a part of the article! I don’t know all the details yet, but they wanted me because I’m a fan favorite I guess? That’s mental yeah?”

“Not at all. What’s not to love about you?”

I gave him a flat, but amused, look, “You’re a bit bias, don’t you think?”

He scoffed, “So? My baby’s gonna be on the cover of a magazine! This is amazing! I’ve got to tweet this!” he said pulling his phone out.

I rolled my eyes, “I haven’t even told anyone yet.”

“Well, I’m doing it for you! I’m too happy for you not too tweet it to the world!”

I chuckled, “I’m glad you’re so supportive.”

“When is the shoot?”

“Next Monday. Not sure what time, or where yet but Laura said she’d get back to me on that.” I paused, “You can come if you want.”

His eyes lit up a little, “Yeah? You don’t mind?”

I scoffed, “When have I ever minded having you around?”

He paused in thought, “I think I could come up with a few examples.”

I scoffed, “Shut up. I want you there.”

“Then I’ll be there.”
♠ ♠ ♠
whatever you're thinking, you're wrong...
or are you?
hahahahahaha!

so, i really wanted to update my zayn story BUT there's something seriously wrong with my computer. the arrow keys, the question mark AND the z key's aren't working. I literally had to copy and past those into my story, so i'm a little annoyed. I'm too broke to take my laptop in to get fixed at the moment, so i'm gonna have to deal.
i did do a virus scan and got ride of the one thing it found... so maybe it'll be fine now? but i think my keys are just donezo.
jesus it's annoying copy and pasting letters!

as soon as i get a job i'm getting a new laptop. it's decided.