Status: Ongoing

Do It for Baltimore, Do It for Me

Chapter 1

Tay let out a breath as she walked through the unfamiliar doors of her new high school, Dulaney High. She'd just moved to Baltimore from her hometown of Poughkeepsie, New York after her mother got a job and her sister got accepted to an elite private school. She wasn't the kind of girl to get into cliques; in fact she often avoided them at all costs. Tay would stay away from people and rarely ever spoke up in class. It wasn't that she liked to be alone, it was more because the people she'd meet were usually the exact same people she didn't want to affiliate herself with.
Alex Gaskarth, on the other hand, was the opposite. He was the guy who had girls wrapped around his finger, and him and his three best friends basically ran the whole school. Whether it was because of their charm and appearance, or the fact that they'd started their own band, Alex didn't know. But he wasn't going to complain when he could snap his fingers and have the women lining up to be with him or one of the other guys, Jack Rian or Zack.
As Tay looked down at her schedule and small directions to her locker and seven classes, she frowned. She'd just barely managed to find her locker in time for the bell to ring. Muttering a few curses under her breath, Tay quickly shoved her bag into her locker after she grabbed the books she'd need for her first class, history, and headed off. She groaned as she took yet another wrong turn and ended up in a deserted hall. She turned back the way she'd came, figuring she'd attempt to go to the office to get directions when she bumped into a boy nearly half a foot taller than her. She bounced off of him and stumbled, nearly falling to the ground when he shot out a hand to steady her.
"Watch where-" he started before pausing. Alex glanced down at this short brunette and his heart skipped a beat. He'd never seen her before.
"Sorry, I wasn't paying attention." Tay mumbled, a blush instantly painting her cheeks.
"No, it was my bad. You're new, right?" he asked, an easy grin falling onto his features; one that said he knew exactly what to do to make Tay blush. Tay looked away, instantly aware of him coming off as cocky and arrogant. She took a step back.
"Yeah, I am." she said as she held up her schedule. "I should probably get going."
"Let me walk you, Dulaney isn't the easiest school to get around for new kids," he smirked and Tay fought the urge to roll her eyes.
"Thanks," she said and told him which class she had first. Coincidentally, they had the same first period class. Great.
"I'm Alex," he greeted as he slung an arm around her shoulder.
Tay instantly shrugged his arm off and stepped a little away from him, ignoring the slight surprise that crossed Alex's features. He instantly composed himself again and moved his hands into his pockets. "I'm Tay," she said quietly as she followed him to the room.
"Nice to meet you," he said, raising an eyebrow, amused.
Tay looked up at him, confused. She didn't know what was so amusing to him but she didn't want to dwell on it. "Same goes for you, thanks for showing me to class." she murmured before pushing past him to go into the door, going to the teacher to give her the transfer form and apologize for being late. The teacher waved her off, saying it was no big deal since she was new and ushered her to find an empty seat.
Alex watched Tay move to to the back of the classroom, smirking when he realized the only empty seat was the desk in front of his. He waited until she was seated to speak. "So, joining middle semester, huh? That must suck." he commented and she tried her best to ignore him. She figured he was just teasing her, trying to make the new kid feel bad about herself and show her who runs the school. "Message definitely received", she thought.
"What? Not going to talk?" he chuckled. "I don't bite. Unless you're into that," he teased and Tay rolled her eyes, pulling out her lyric book and writing in that, pretending to be taking the notes the teacher was writing on the board. This was going to be a long day.
♠ ♠ ♠
Don't want this to be stolen, so Copyright 2013©
Thanks for reading!
Follow me on Tumblr: xxashley6xx.tumblr.com
I follow back ♥