Status: Ongoing

Do It for Baltimore, Do It for Me

Chapter 2

The bell rang a while later, and Tay couldn't be more relieved to finally get a break from Alex's incessant mocking and teasing. She gathered her books and stood, walking at a brisk pace to get to the door. Alex didn't miss a beat, and was at her side in an instant.
"Trying to get away from me already?" he smirked. "Come on, I'll walk you to second period," he suggested and reached for her books. Tay instantly held them tighter to her chest.
"I can find it on my own, thanks." she said through clenched teeth, trying to stay calm.
Alex peered over her shoulder - not hard to do when he's so much taller than her - and grinned. "Math next? I don't have the same class but I can walk you there."
Tay nearly let her sigh of relief slip as he said that he wasn't in that class. "Fine." she gave in and rolled her eyes at his victorious smile as he started to lead the way to her next class.
"See you later," he said and winked at her with a cocky grin before turning and leaving her at the door to the next class. She huffed quietly and stepped in, looking at the nearly full classroom and frowning when she saw only two empty seats; both surrounded by several people. Looks like Tay wouldn't be getting any alone time during this period either.
She glanced between the two seats; one next to a boy who looked to be taller than Alex with sandy blond hair and a frown in place, where as the other was next to another taller boy with dark hair that spiked up lightly in the back who, unlike the other boy, had an easy grin similar to Alex's on his lips. Not wanting to make a huge scene by walking across the entire classroom, she opted for sitting next to the dark haired boy and took her seat silently.
"Hey, new girl." he said and threw her a grin. Tay closed her eyes for a second, praying he wouldn't be the same kind of person as Alex.
"That's me," she said, trying to keep the bitterness from her voice. She didn't know him; he could be a nice guy. Tay was just in a bad mood after her class with Alex.
"I'm Jack," he greeted and Tay gave him a forced smile.
"I'm Tay,"
Jack smiled down at her and put a hand on her knee. "So, what made you decide to move to Dulaney?"
Tay glanced down at his hand uncertainly, instantly uncomfortable. She subtly slid his hand from her and moved her hands to cover her knee to prevent him from doing it again. "I just moved here from New York, and it was the first one my mom looked into." Tay explained quietly as she tried to listen to what the teacher was saying.
"Interesting choice. New York to Maryland?" he chuckled. "Why's that?"
Tay shook her head. "I'd rather not get into it right now, thanks." she murmured quietly.
Jack held his hands up, chuckling. "Meow." he commented and folded his arms over his chest, smirking down at Tay. She could see him watching her from out of the corner of her eyes, but refused to comment as se didn't want to get into another conversation with this boy. He was definitely not the kind of guy Tay liked to be around.
The rest of the class was spent taking notes while Jack tried to get her attention and failing miserably. She sighed in relief as the bell rang, knowing she had a break next. She stood up and without a single glance back at Jack, headed to her locker.
Once she was there, she opened it after checking the combination written on her hand and exchanged her books for the one's she'd need for her science class. She surveyed her schedule again and her day instantly brightened when she realized that this school offered a music class, and that she had it fourth period. She smiled widely and closed her locker, the happy expression vanishing from her face when she saw the familiar brown haired boy leaning against her locker.
"Alex." she greeted with a short sigh.
"Hey, Tay." he smirked, "How was math?"
"It was fine, thank you for asking." she said, trying to be polite as she turned away from him and decided to start walking to her next class, not caring that she had little to no idea where it was.
"Glad you like it. You know, I could make you a lot happier here," he said, shooting her a suggestive look that she ignored.
"I think I'll be okay," she said shortly as she walked a little ahead of him.
"I can get everyone to like you as easily as I can get everyone to hate you," he said, smirking as if he thought that would win her over.
"Do what you want, I'm not looking for a relationship right now." she explained and continued to walk.
"How do you know? That might be exactly what you're looking for," he laughed as he matched her pace.
Sighing, Tay stopped to face him. "Seriously, Alex. I'm not interested." she said firmly, not breaking eye contact.
Alex glanced down at her, taking in every feature of her face, including the things he hadn't noticed at first; like the way her eyes captured the poor lighting or the way her nostrils flared lightly when she was mad. He even noticed the small bow in her nicely shaped upper lip. He'd almost forgotten to answer because he was so distracted by her features. "You'll come around." he said, voice cracking a little and he silently slapped himself. "Anyway, here's your next class. See you later." he said and quickly turned, disappearing down the hallway.
Tay shook her head frustratedly and went in, sitting at the back in an empty set of desks, pulling out her lyric book and writing now that she had more inspiration to.
♠ ♠ ♠
Don't want this to be stolen, so Copyright 2013©
Thanks for reading!
Follow me on Tumblr: xxashley6xx.tumblr.com
I follow back ♥