‹ Prequel: Iris
Status: Finished!

My Understandings

Let Live

I walked out if the house with my mom screaming behind me. She followed me outside too. “Wait! Calli please wait! I didn’t mean to!” She yelled.
“I don’t care!” I screamed. “I hate you!” Just then I saw the bus pull up and Austin jumped out quickly. He jogged over to us.
“I could hear you down the street.” He said.
“You can’t go off with a bus full of boys Callista!” My mom was still screaming. “You’re only 16!”
“I’ll be 17 soon!” I said.
“Look, um, can she just stay with us for a few days until she cools down a little?” Austin asked. My mom sighed.
“Where is she going dressed like that?”
“She’ll be going to our concert with us.” Austin replied.
“They’re in a band too! Callista no! You already party too much! You are going to die! All you’ll end up doing is more smoking, more drinking and more drugs!”
“Shut up!” I screeched. Why did she say all that in front of Austin? “Austin look I-” He held up his hand to cut me off.
“We’ll talk about it later.” He said.
“No you won’t!” My mom said. That’s was it. I’m wasn’t gonna stand here and argue with her anymore.
“You controlled everything in my life! Now that I’m not letting you control me you don’t know how to deal with it right?” I screamed at her. My lungs were on fire and I wanted to cry. “Why, for once, can’t you let me do something I want? Why? You took dad away from me, you took my friends from me, you took everything I lived for! I hate you and I’m leaving I don’t care what you say! If I come back it’s to get the rest of my clothes and move out, if now then it’s because I don’t want to see your face ever again!” I looked at Austin. He was just staring at me. Without another word we both turned and started walking toward the bus.

When we got on the bus I seen everyone in the band sitting and talking and laughing. I walked in after Austin. “Well, guys this is her.” Austin said. I waved shyly.
“Hello.” I said.
“What’s up?” Tino yelled. I smiled.
“Nothing really.” I said.
“Uh-huh. Nothing?” Alan said. “What was all the screaming about?”
“Oh her mom freaked on us.” Austin said. They all laughed.
“Over protective or just psycho?”
“Just psycho. Trust me.” I said. Austin and I sat down. I was between Phil and Austin.
“I don’t care if you smoke or if you drink.” He said.
“So…you smoke, drink?” Phil asked. I nodded.
“Oh. So how many days you staying?” He asked.
“Um, about 2, I think.” Austin nodded.
“But she has to find a place too.” Austin said.
“I’ll probably end up going back home.” I said.
“No. I’m not gonna let you go back home.” Austin said. “You’re mom is crazy.”
“So can you sing or anything?” Tino asked. I felt myself blush.
“Um, I like to sing. I don’t think I can very well.” I said.
“Let’s hear something!” Said Aaron. I shook my head. I can’t sing good. I don’t want to sing. I’d embarrass myself. “Come on! If you’re bad we won’t laugh!” Aaron said. I sighed.
“Fine.” I said. “What should I sing?” I asked.
“Uh, sing the first part of My Understandings.” Said Austin smiling. I took in a deep breath and stood up. When I started singing I closed my eyes. I just let the words flow and soon I was done. When I opened my eyes again they were all staring at me. Then they all started clapping.
“Why do you think you sing badly?” Austin asked. “That was some of the best singing I’ve ever heard.” He said.
“Some of the best?” I repeated.
“Yeah! You should sing on stage with us!” Austin said motioning to him and Aaron.
“I agree one hundred percent.” Said Aaron.
“That would be pretty cool.” Said Alan. “So you up for it?” Was I up for it? I nodded. Apparently I was.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment and tell me what you think! Thanks for reading!