‹ Prequel: She's Not Afraid

Same Mistakes

Come set me free I need to feel your touch

It’s weird going from spending every waking moment with a group of people to going to hardly seeing them at all.

After the One Direction/Little Mix tour I got a job at this up and coming magazine that a couple friends from Uni had started. It was a fashion/music magazine which I thought was cool. I was the head photographer and even though it didn’t pay well, I was more than happy to do it. It was a job, and it gave me something to do until Little Mix’s next tour. It would look great on my resume, plus I got to hang out with my friends all day.

Little Mix was doing a lot of press and festivals so I saw them every couple of days as they passed through. I mainly had the house to myself though which was a blessing and a curse. After spending 9 months with no privacy, it was weird being alone all the time.

I haven’t seen Liam or the rest of the lads a lot either. Which sucked. It was like he was in a different country every time I talked to him. They were doing press for their movie and going to award shows and filming commercials. So our relationship, yes, relationship was reduced to text, phone calls and skype pretty much.

After the day at Disneyland we were officially together. Our friends and families knew, but we didn’t really go public until someone posted pictures of us holding hands backstage. After that Liam officially became off the market when asked in interviews and whenever someone asked him on twitter. I kept quiet on my end. Not wanting to seem like I was rubbing it in everyone’s faces. Didn’t matter through, I still got hate and death threats on all social media fronts. But I didn’t care, I had the lad and they were just jealous kids.

I think my mom was the most shocked when I told her I, in fact, had a boyfriend. “Who would have thought your first real boyfriend would be a member of a boy band!” she laughed over the phone when I had told her. She would turn it into a moment to make fun of me. It’s why I loved her. My parents wanted to meet Liam, and even though the thought of that gave me more anxiety than I’ve ever felt, I knew it was a normal thing that happened in relationships. I mean, the family’s met every one of Jesy’s so now it was my turn.

Plus Liam wanted to meet my parents too. It was that gentleman gene that was in him I think. He wanted to be loved by my parents, and I couldn’t deny him the chance. We just had to wait until he had the time off.

Today was a busy day for me. I was doing a cover shoot for the magazine’s next issue, an all girl local band that just would not cooperate. They kept getting side tracked and off task or arguing about how one of them looked terrible in a picture. Basically they were all diva’s. My nerves were shot and I just wanted to snap at them to focus, but I couldn’t do that. I was so used to my friends and how their bands carried themselves that this was just so stressful.

“Just take a deep breath Jaz,” Zack, who was one of the editors, whispered to me.

“I’m trying but I’m a picture away from snapping a neck.”

He shucked, “So am I, but we’re almost done then they’ll be gone.”

With the promise of the bands departure I was renewed with energy and my patients refueled. It helped, and 20 minutes later we were thanking the band and practically pushing them out the door, “Remind me why we’re putting them on the cover?”

“They’ve got great style?” Zack shrugged. “I don’t know, it wasn’t my call that’s for sure.

I started packing up my camera stuff, “They may have style but their ego’s need a reality check.”

“What, Little Mix and One Direction don’t have egos?”

“Not at all actually,” I think it came out more defensive then I meant to. I couldn’t help it though, that was my family!

He laughed, “I was joking, put the claws away.”

“Sorry,” I smiled, “I’m protective.”

He started taking down the light stands as I rolled the backdrop up, “You coming out with everyone tonight?”

I shrugged, “I don’t know, I’m thinking about it.” There were only about 10 of us on the magazine staff, and a bunch of them were going to a pub later tonight. What started as a celebration over getting the first issue out was becoming more of a weekly outing. Liz, the chief editor, called is ‘staff bonding,’ but really it was just all of us getting car parked on a Friday night. Though I guess you could call that bonding.

After we put all the equipment away I said goodbye to Zack and hurried off to the tube. I had a skype date with Liam I was running late for. Maybe it was because my tolerance for annoyance was completely gone after that photo shoot, but I swear every loud obnoxious person in London was on the tube when I got on. It was so packed I had to stand, it was just an overall irritating experience.

When I finally did get home I just threw all my stuff on the couch and sprinted up the stairs to my room and turned my laptop on. Liam was already online when I opened skype and hit the call button. He popped up on my screen with a massive smile, “Where’ve you been?”

I sighed, his voice made my heart go crazy, “Sorry, the photo shoot ran a bit long and the tube was a nightmare.”

His featured softened, “I’m sorry you’re having a shit day.”

I shrugged, “It happens.” I was going to tell him I was going out tonight when I got distracted as he stretched. He was wearing a tank top and I could see how more defined his muscles were compared to when I last saw him.

“Why are you staring at me like that?”

“God,” I groaned, “Can’t you put a proper shirt on when we skype? You’re sitting there looking like sex on legs and I can’t even touch you. It’s mean, really.”

I watched as his face turned bright red, “Sorry, I didn’t realize I had that effect on you.”

“Bullshit, you know exactly what you do to me! And that 5 o’clock shadow you’re rocking is really doing something to me.” I sighed, “Dear god, I’m fangirling over my own boyfriend!”

“Can you do this all the time? I quite like it. And look at you using the ‘boyfriend’ word with no problems. Making progress are we?”

“Don’t be a twat. I’m all sexually frustrated now thanks!”

He threw his head back in a laugh, “If you want, I can make it worse and take my shirt off.”

“Don’t you dare!” I warned. “Let’s change the subject. How was your day?”

“It’s alright. I wish I was home though. I miss my bed,” he smirked, “And I miss you.”

Oh god he was so cute, “I miss you too.”

“It’s been a month since I’ve had proper girlfriend time.”

I’m proud to say that I no longer grimaced when he called me girlfriend, “When do you get to come home?”

“Another week. But we have a few months off so another week isn’t anything.”

“Yeah that’s true.”

“You’re coming over when I get back right?”

I stuck my tongue out at him, “Oh I don’t know. I might have plans.”

“Now who’s being a twat?”

I scoffed, “Me? Twat? Never,” I laughed. “I already told you I’d be at your house the moment you got home, don’t worry.”

“Good because you’re v-neck is dipping a bit low right now, and I might start ‘fangirling’ over you.

“Isn’t it technically ‘fanboying’?”

“Whatever, pull your shirt up, you’re killing me.” Because I’m an asshole, I pulled the v-neck down showing off my boobs in my pushup bra before laughing and pulling it back up into place. “That was so uncalled for! Fine, just for that, the shirt’s coming off!”

“No!” I moaned out as he pulled his shirt off. Jesus Christ he looked good without a shirt. “That’s mean. How am I supposed to function tonight now?”

“Well,” he wiggled his eyebrows, “I know a way we can help each other out.”

“Liam Payne,” I sassed, “Are you hinting at skype sex?” I gasped, “What would your mother think?”

He scoffed, “Did you really just bring up my mother when I’m trying to get you naked?”

I laughed, “I’m not sorry. Plus skype sex is such a tease!”

“You’ve done it before?” he asked surprised.

My face burned with embarrassment, “Once,” I shrugged.

“Ah,” there was an awkward pause before he cleared his throat and a smile appeared back on his face, “well then I guess you’re just going to have to deal with me with my shirt off.”

I groaned, “Not fair! I don’t have time for your shenanigans!”

“What? Do you have a hot date or something?” he joked.

I rolled my eyes, “I might go to a pub with my staff.”

“Again?”

I shrugged, “We go every week.”

“But I have the night off,” his lips pursed in a pout.

“No fair, you know I can’t say no to that face!”

His pout turn into a face, “So skype sex is still on the table then?”

“This is going to be the longest week ever!”
♠ ♠ ♠
you guys wanted a sequel, so here we are!
i hope you like this. it's short, and fluffy, but don't get used to it.

i might get the next Ayden and Niall story out tomorrow too if my plans fall through. we'll see! (you're all lucky i'm unemployed with now)