‹ Prequel: She's Not Afraid

Same Mistakes

Like youve been running for hours and cant catch your breath

I took the day off to spend it with Jesy. Also so I could sleep in because Liam came home around 3 in the morning tonight (tomorrow?), and I wanted to make sure I could keep up with his jetlag.

Jesy and I were walking around a shopping mall, her security tailing us, and smoothie in our hands as we meandered through almost every store. “I think we should hit up a lingerie store. You know, for Liam,” she said suggestively.

I barked out a laugh, “You would go there. But I actually like that idea…”

“Yes!” she cheered.

“Are we getting something for George Shelley too?” I asked nonchalantly.

She sent me a side eye glare, “We’re just friends.”

“Yeah, just like Liam and I were once upon a time.”

“Oh shut it!” she laughed.

We walked down the mall until we hit a Victoria’s Secret. “So what does Liam like?” she asked as we walked in.

At that I had no answer, “I have no idea.” Liam and I hadn’t every really talked about that when we were just having sex, and since we’ve been actually together, we’ve been pretty much separated, so deep conversations like that hadn’t happened yet.

She hummed, “Do you think he’s a corset guy or a bra/knickers type? Silk? Lace?”

“Again, I have no idea.”

“Let’s just grab a bunch of different stuff and try them on.”

I nodded as we headed to a display with a lot of glitter. “What’s Geor- I mean, what are you shopping for?” I changed my sentence after she made a face at me.

“Whatever I think I look amazing in, really. Can’t ever have enough sexy undergarments you know?”

No I didn’t know, but I nodded anyway. I’ve never been the sexy lingerie type. Yeah, I hate cute bras and knickers but never a matching set, and I never went out to buy some specifically to impress a guy. But I guess for boyfriends, this was something you did. Honestly, I could get behind this idea because the more I looked through the racks the more stuff I found that I absolutely loved. Though, I don’t think I was feeling the glitter. “I feel like it’s going to get everywhere,” I explained to my cousin.
“Yeah I think you’re right. Sequins are better if you want to go the shinny route.”

I nodded as I walked deeper into the store, grabbed some lacey numbers in a variety of different colors and variations. I grabbed a bra that was hot pink and had this weird diamond tassel hanging under the cleavage. It was odd, but cute so I had to try it on.

“You need to try a corset!” Jesy demanded popping up behind me. She had a black corset that was practically all see through except at the breast.

“You think?” I asked taking the hanger from her. It was cute, but I wasn’t sure what to do with it really.

“Yes. With cute knickers, Liam would be ripping it off you as soon as you showed him!”

I rolled my eyes, “Classy.”

“Oh don’t act virginal,” she scoffed. “They’re holding a dressing room for us whenever we’re ready by the way.”

I nodded as I turned to look for a few more things to try on before we both headed to the dressing rooms.

Once we started trying things on, I was reminded of how different Jesy and I were physically. Pretty much the only thing we had in common gene wise were our eyes and hair (though hers was hidden under an amazing weave of luscious locks). She had this perfect mocha skin tone, while mine was more of a toffee caramel, if you will.

She also got all the curves.

Now don’t get me wrong, I had some, and I loved my body as is. But watching Jesy try on skimpy undergarments would wound anyone’s ego. Her curves would make anyone jealous, and here boobs were fucking fantastic! “What?” she asked when she saw me staring.

“Nothing, just jealous of your amazingly curved body.”

She scoffed, “Your body is amazing Jazmin. Plus people call me fat all the time.”

“Well those people are fucking stupid and jealous. You’re anything but fat Jessica!”

She laughed, “Thank you, and I know. It’s still a bit annoying yeah?”

“Yeah it is,” I nodded as I tried on another bra. Since people found out about my relationship with the Liam Payne, I’d had plenty of people nitpicking my body and overall appearance. It would make anyone self conscious to some degree. One morning I even caught myself second guessing an outfit in fear someone would degrade me on the internet. But I snapped myself out of that real quick.

*****

Jesy ended up talking me into getting the corset and red lace knickers to go with it. “A pop of color is always a must” she said as we discussed what bottoms to get. She was right though, I looked fit.

I was buzzing at the thought of Liam seeing me in it as well.

He’d texted me between layovers and said he was still set to get home around 3am. It seemed like such a long time at this point. Jesy was a good distraction though. We went to dinner, and then I went to the recording studio with her where the other girls were. I was so excited about their new album already and I’d only head bits and pieces of a few songs! I was so proud of my girls.

I didn’t stay long though. I wanted to get a nap in before I went to see Liam. He was coming back from the states so I knew he’d most likely be wide awake because of jetlag. I wanted to make sure I was awake to spend time with him… and give him a proper welcome back.
*****
I slept longer than I thought. I forgot to turn an alarm on and instead was woken up by my phone ringing. As soon as I law Liam’s name I was instantly more awake, “Hey, are you home?”

“Not yet, I’m on my way though. We’re driving out of the airport now. Were you sleeping?”

I stretched onto my back and rubbed at my eyes, “Yeah, I wanted to nap before you got in and forgot to set an alarm.”

“Oh. If you’re too tired you can just come in the morning.”

“No!” I exclaimed, “No, I’m fine. I’ll be there, how far are you from your house?”

“About 20 minutes I think.”

That should give me plenty of time to get changed and presentable, “I’ll be there, I just have to change.”

“Jazmin, it’s okay if you wait until morning. If you’re tired I don’t want you driving and-”

“Liam, I’m coming. Stop trying to talk me out of it,” I couldn’t hide the smile from my voice. He just sounded do cute when he was concerned.

“Okay. I’ll see you soon then babe. I miss you.”

My heard melted, “I miss you too. See you in 20ish minutes.”

After we hung up I dashed to the bathroom. I threw my hair in a bun before I took a quick shower. I’d washed my hair this morning, and really didn’t want to deal with wet hair right now. I pretty much just covered myself in body wash. I wanted to smell amazing, and I made sure everything was shaved and primped. I hadn’t seen him, in person, for more than an hour in almost 2 months. And even then, we didn’t have time to be alone, so I just really wanted everything to be perfect.

I changed into the corset and red lace knickers before I threw a baggy shirt and sweats on over it. I really wanted to wear a dress or something, but yeah right. For one, this corset was already uncomfortable enough, and I hated wearing dresses to be completely honest.

By the time I actually left the house, a half hour had passed since I talked to Liam. I checked my phone before I started driving and had a text from him saying “home…” I didn’t bother with a reply, instead I tossed it in my bag and drive to his house which was a good 10 minute drive in itself.

When I pulled into his gated community I was practically shaking with anticipation. My body ached for him and the longing was unbearable now that I knew the waiting was almost over. Pulling into his driveway, the feelings only got worse.

I didn’t even get a chance to knock. As soon as I packed my car, his front door opened, the light from inside the house bathing the early morning darkness, and he ran out and embraced me as soon as my feet hit the ground, “Jazmin,” he whispered into my hair.

I pressed my face into his neck, and breathed deep. God I missed his smell. It felt so good to be in his arms, feeling his body presses against mine, his head radiating into mine, I wanted to bite him. Have you ever just enjoyed something so much you had the insane urge to bit it? Maybe it’s just me…

His arms were around my waist, securing me against him. I could almost feel his heart breathing against mine… or it could just be my mind running wild.

Then his lips were on mine before I could even comprehend anything. Jesus did I miss his lips and the way he kissed me. So soft and plump and skillful grace. I rolled onto the balls of my feet to deepen the kiss but he pulled way before I could, “Come inside.” It wasn’t a question. He laced his fingers though mine and lead me into the house.

I’d only been here twice before, right before he left on the promo tour. You could tell the house was hardly lived in; it was immaculately clean, the couches still looked brand new, and it still had that new paint smell new houses had.

He had One Direction memorabilia all over the walls; gold and platinum records on the walls, dolls on shelves, their books lined up and on display. He was proud of his accomplishments and I loved that about him.

His suitcases were haphazardly dropped in the middle of the living room.

“Oh, I got you something!” he said dropping my hand and walking over to one of his bags. After a moment he came back and put a CD in my hands. “So I didn’t tell you we met him because I wanted to keep this a surprise,” he said gesturing to the signed CD in my hands.

“You… you met Justin Timberlake?”

“Yeah. It was mental.”

“Holy shit, I’ve never been more jealous of someone in my life!” I said looking up at him in wonder. “Oh my god, it’s like my seven degrees of Justin Timberlake has now become one degree!”

“You’re seven what?”

“Oh my god Liam!” I sighed, “You’ve never heard of ‘Seven Degrees of Kevin Bacon?’” he shook his head. “It’s like, everyone in the world is seven people away from each other. Like, I know someone, who knows someone, who knows someone, and so on. Now you know Justin Timberlake, therefore, I am one degree away from Nsync.”

He cocked his head to the side and smiled at me, his eyes crinkling in that way they do when his whole face lights up in the smile. “You’re so cute, you know that?”

I couldn’t help the blush that crept through my whole body and up into my face. “Um, you may have mentioned it.”

He smirked before he leaned in to kiss me. His lips barely grazed mine before I remembered something, “Wait,” I said as I pulled away.

He groaned, “You always do this to me.”

“Shut up. I got you something too.”

He cocked an eyebrow at me, “You got me a present?”

I nodded, “Yeah, I got it today while I was out with Jesy.”

“O…kay,” he said slowly. I stepped back out of his grasp and kicked my shoes off, “What are you-”

“This is your present, don’t ruin it for yourself!” I pushed the sweats off my hips and the fell to the floor. I enjoyed watching Liam’s eyes double in size before I pulled my shirt off. When I was down to nothing but the knickers and corset, I began to feel a little self-conscious standing before him as he stared at me up and down. “So, um… welcome home?” I said in a small voice full of embarrassment.
His eyes met mine then and heat pulsed through my body. The look in his eyes killed me, in a good way. He licked his lips, “I, uh, wow.”

“You like it?” I asked as I turned all around.

“This is the best present I’ve ever gotten,” he said as I turned back to face him. His eyes were down, probably taking in the red lacy knickers that honestly shouldn’t legally be allowed to be called underwear really. His hands found my waist again and he pulled me against him. His forehead met mine and he stared into my eyes, “You look beautiful.”

I flushed at his words. Always knew what to say, my boyfriend did. “Li, as much as I love, love the gentleman in you, I kind of want dirty Liam to come out.”

He cocked his eyebrow again as he smirked, “Do you?”

“Do I need to ask you to spank me?”

I could have laughed at how red his face got, “Jazmin, what has gotten into you?”

“Well I can tell you who hasn’t gotten into me in far too long,” I challenged.

“That’s it!” he swooped down and threw me over his shoulder. “We’re getting you out of this corset right now, it’s turned you into an animal.”

“Like you don’t like it,” I laughed as he threw me onto his bed.

He crawled on top of me before crashing his lips to mine in a firm kiss, “No,” he said against my lips, “I do like it, that’s the problem.” He sat up on his knees over me, “Now how do we get it off?”
♠ ♠ ♠
i wanted to get this out today in honor of Liam's birthday!

i'm in a writing funk lately so i apologize for the lack of creativity here.
andy and all feedback is wanted. i need encouragement to write, especially right now. idk if it's writers block or i'm just not into it, but idk.

and i might put my Zayn story on hiatus. i didn't get much feedback on the last chapter so idk if anyones reading it. so i might just focus on this and my niall story.

hopefully i get out of this writes block soon though!