Status: On Hiatus...Computer Crashed :(

In Bloom

Change Isn't Easy

“Girl, I know you’re not ignoring me for your phone again!” Camelia squawks. We were on the beach, nestled on a big rock and enjoying the sunlight.

“Huh? I was listening!” I lie. Yoshi was entertaining me with tales of nightmarish tours. I couldn’t help smiling as I thought about him. “I was just checking the time.”

“Suuuure you were.” She rolls her eyes. “I didn’t realize the time could make you grin like such a dick sniffer.” She scoffs. I just stare at her in disbelief. She coins the oddest phrases. “Well, are you going to spill or not?!” She presses from the edge of her seat.

“There’s nothing to spill.” I sigh. “I work day and night on the wharf. I’m just happy to have anyone talking to me-whether it’s in person or through text.”

“Oh, I feel honored.” She jests.

“You should.” I laugh.

“But seriously Robyn! I know there’s something going on with you! And it’s a good thing!” She smiles, “Why wouldn’t you want to share something like that?” She pouts. I just sigh, considering the outcome. Her face lights up as she realizes she’s gotten her way.

“I can’t give away too many details.” I sigh, unable to contain myself anymore.

“Spill!” She squeals.

“His name is Yoshiaki.” I smile.

“Huh? Teriyaki? Like chicken?” I just roll my eyes. I should have figured as much.

“Just call him Yoshi.” I catch her opening her mouth yet again, but stop her. “Yes, like from Mario.” I groan.

“It’s a good name.” She says, attempting to hold back a giggle. This girl…

“He’s a musician in Japan.”

“What?! No way! How did you two even meet?! I mean, you don’t even have a computer!”

“Thanks for reminding me.” I grumble.

“Sorry,” She apologizes, “You know how I am.”

“Yeah I know.” I sigh, taking a sip from my water bottle. “He played a show in town a few weeks ago. It was love at first sight.” I coo.

“You hook up?” She questions, always eager to get the juicy details.

“Ugh you’re impossible!” I huff, trying to keep the red from my face. Her face is plastered with the hugest shit eating grin…

“Was he better than Kale?” She jeers. I quickly shoot her a glare, letting her know she’s stepped over the line. “…sorry.” She mutters apologetically. “I need to learn when to keep my mouth shut.”

“Yeah, you do.”

“If it makes you feel better…I was black out drunk when it happened.”

“Christ Camelia!” I shout, finally at the end of my leash. “I don’t want to know the details of you screwing my boyfriend!”

“EX-boyfriend…” She mutters.

“I can’t believe you!!!” I scream, rising to my feet, fists clenched. I breathe harshly, closing my eyes and tuning her out. I turned around and walked away from her, as fast as my feet would carry me. I’ve been on edge lately, and Camelia has always been someone to throw others over the edge.

XOXOXOX


“Yoshi! It’s so nice to hear your voice!” I exclaim, smiling like an idiot.

“Believe me Robyn, yours is the one I’ve looked forward to.” He coos, making my heart thrum. He was such a relief after a stressful day. Yoshi always knew what to say to make me feel better. As long as Yoshi was in my life, every day would be a good day.

He informed me of his day, making me gawk at everything new he experiences in just one day. We were living such different lives. And yet, here he was, listening to my every word.

“It’s amazing…we haven’t actually been together even three months yet, but it feels like so much longer.” I hum.

“I know what you mean.” I could practically hear the smile in his voice, “We have such an intense connection.”

“We must have been mates in a previous life.” I joke, but the thought warms my heart.

“I’ll bet we were trees.” He notes without explanation. I stay silent, waiting for clarification. “Trees in the forest that grew up together and never parted. They would surely share a great bond…that’s why we’re close.”

“You’re too cute.” I chuckle.

“I wish you were here with me right now.” He longed. It made my heart shatter and brought tears to my eyes.

“I would give anything to be in your arms.” I sniffle.

“Someday soon…I’ll come for you.” He whispers tenderly, “We’ll have a life together. Our life.”

“I love you so much.” I grin.

“I love you more!” He exclaims. I could argue, but I’ll let him win this one. “I’m sorry to cut this short, but I’ve got to get going sweetheart!”

“Awe…” I pout.

“I’m sorry. I love you so much baby, and I can’t wait to talk to you later! Have a great day!”

“You too!” I smile. I could hear his phone disconnect, signaling the end of our conversation. I bit my lip, frowning while I tugged at the strings of my jacket. I couldn’t manage to tell him what I needed to…and it was important. I’ve been hiding something important from Yoshiaki. Camelia was right…I was changing.

“Robyn! Break’s over! We need you back at the office!” My mother hollers.

“On my way!” I yell, hurrying to my station.
♠ ♠ ♠
Let me know what you think! It would REALLY help me out :) Thanks!