Status: On Hiatus...Computer Crashed :(

In Bloom

Honesty is the Best Policy

“Robyn, are you feeling okay? You haven’t had much of an appetite lately.” My father questions as I pass on dinner once again.

“Huh? Oh yeah, I feel great! I’ve been trying a new diet. It’s doing great things for my body! I’m going gluten-free. So I don’t eat anything with wheat products or that sort of thing, you know? It really slims you down.” I lie, sputtering off a line of nonsense until my father finally stops paying attention.

“It hasn’t been working very well, has it?” My mother sniggers, patting my belly. I glare at her, stepping away and covering myself with a sweater. I crawl onto the couch, covering my body and face with blankets. The television blares loudly, preventing me from napping.

‘I can’t wait to have our own place.’ I text Yoshi.

‘We’ll never own a couch ;p’ He knows just how to bring a smile to my face.

XOXOXOX


“Robyn. Psst, Robyn!” Someone mutters, rapping at the window. I crawl off of my couch groggily, pulling on my warm clothes. Quietly, I slip out of the RV to meet with Camelia.

“Thanks for coming out here. It means a lot.” I yawn, rubbing my eyes.

“Of course.” She smiles, guilt still evident in her eyes. “I’m really sorry about what I said before…I’m really trying with the self-restraint. I guess I still have a long way to go…” She mutters.

“It’s okay.” I smile, “Like I’ve said, it was in the past. It was my fault too-I overreacted. My hormones have been all out-of-whack. “

“I can understand why!” She chuckles, making me sigh.

“Did you bring it?” I question. She nods in response handing over the bag. “Thank you so much. I wish I could repay you…but I work 80 hours a week for free.” I frown.

“It’s no big deal really! I bought them for Tara and Jess too! Just promise I’m the first to know!” She winks.

“I can’t even find out first?” I tease.

“Nope!” Cam laughs as we dart into the local 24 hour drugstore and make a beeline for the bathroom. I disappear into the stall, following the instructions on the box. Pee on the stick, wait 3 minutes. Simple enough…for the hardest test of my life. Ugh.

“Are you done in there yet?” Camelia presses.

“I don’t want to do it!” I whine.

“Not taking the test won’t make you not pregnant.” She states. I knew she was rolling her eyes, but she had a point. So, I took a deep breath and did what I needed to do.

“How long do we wait?” She questions as soon as the stall is open.

“Three minutes.” I frown.

“Damn. That’s too long.” We nod in agreement, staring at the stick…

XOXOXOX


“Yoshi, there’s something I need to come clean about.” I state, frowning to myself.

“What is it love?” He questions.

“Breathe…” I mutter to myself, hugging my torso gently.

“You’re making me nervous.” Yoshi complains.

“I’m making myself nervous.” I tease, trying to bring a smile to my face. Yoshi was such a patient man. I was so lucky. Why did I have to screw up like this? “Yoshi, I love you. I love you so much. I just want you to know that. You’ve brought so much joy to my life. I have so much to be grateful to because of you. I had no idea I could ever feel this way because of one man.”

“I love you too sweetheart.” He smiles.

“I love you…but I haven’t been entirely honest with you.” I whisper, a frown plastered onto my face. “This is something I never meant to happen…it could get you into serious trouble.” I could hear Yoshi utter something, but I interrupted him. “I would never let you get into trouble because of it! But, I also knew you wouldn’t talk to me if you knew the truth!” I argue.

“What is it?” Yoshi presses.

“Yoshiaki…I’m not 19. When we met, you assumed I was older because I work a full time job and don’t go to school. But, I’m actually 16…” I state, “I’ll be 17 very soon though!” I offer, trying to make something right. I’m met with silence. “Don’t worry Yoshi, I’m not going to report you for anything because I’m a minor. I haven’t even told anyone about us! I won’t let this secret get out in any way! I promise!” The last thing I wanted to do was ruin his reputation as a musician. He didn’t need this kind of gossip out there.

“Robyn…that isn’t something you should hide…ever.” He frowns.

“I know…and I’m so sorry.” I state, tears in my eyes, “But that is why I’m telling you!” I hurry, “I’m so sorry baby. You can’t possibly understand how much I regret this, and I’m sorry. I never should have lied!”

“I can understand where you’re coming from. I would have been more careful had I known. But we might not have this relationship had you told me the truth in the beginning.” He offers. It’s amazing how understanding Yoshi is.

“I’m so sorry.” I cry.

“It’s okay baby.” He smiles, “We’ll just have to be careful.”

“I’ll be crazy careful!” I sob.

“Thank you for telling me the truth Robyn.”

“I don’t want any secrets between us. I love you!”

“I love you too sweetheart.” Yoshi muses.

“Um…there’s also one more thing you should know.” I state, clenching my fist nervously. A warm, comforting hand lays over mine. I glance over to find Camelia with a supportive smile on her face. She squeezes my fingers tightly, urging me on.

“Yoshi, I’m pregnant.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry about the delay guys! But you'll have speedier updates with more comments ;p I just started a full-time job as well, so expect some delays due to that. Thank you for reading!