Status: Finished November 17, 2013

Made in the USA

Chicagggggoooo!

Anastasia's POV

I looked around and smiled. Chicago was beautiful. Well it wasn’t like the best place to live in, but I thought it was nice. Then again I am a simple girl.

“This place is nice” My dad said.

I nodded and he parked the car. I looked out the window and saw the house. I nodded impressed. I got out of the car and my dad followed.

“So I was thinking once we are done here we can go watch some hockey” he said.

I looked at him and smiled. We had gone to a few hockey games, but not this year. My dad and my mom really didn’t go out as much, well at least not anymore.

“I got us two glass tickets” he said.
He smiled as my jaw dropped.

“They were sold out though” I said.
He winked at me and I smiled.
“I love you!” I said hugging him.

He smiled and we saw a lady walking over to us. She was dressed ok looking, most people dress like total sluts. This woman had a simple pencil skirt and a very nice blouse. She honestly looked really nice, and well not slutty. She smiled and began showing us the house. The house was beautiful. It had three rooms as well, one huge bathroom, a kitchen well a huge kitchen and a beautiful living room. My dad smiled at me and I took a deep breath.
“Do you like it? Since I couldn’t buy you a car for your 18th” he said as his eyes got watery.
“Dad I love it but you don’t need to buy me a house. We can rent an apartment or something” I said.
He smiled.
“I know I need to because well…you’re my last hope. Nonsense you will not live in a apartment” he said.

I smiled a little and rolled my eyes playfully at him. My phone began vibrating and I looked at it. Brandon.

“I love it dad” I told him as I looked up away from my phone.

“I’m going to walk around” I added as I let the call end.
He nodded and I walked to the bathroom. I dialed his number and within a ring he answered. What a dork, ive probably had him worried.

“I’ve been trying to get a hold of you all day”

I smiled.
“Sorry I was kinda busy with my dad. What’s up?” I asked looking at the bathroom

The bathtub looked huge and it had a shower next to it. The sink was right next to the toilet and well it was a big room.

“What are you doing? I was thinking we could Skype before the game. You’re gonna watch it right?” he asked.
I smiled a little.

“I’m not home right now so I will rain check you on that” I said.
“Aww what are you doing?”

I smiled. I couldn’t tell him, I wanted to surprise him, so I wouldn’t tell him where I was.

“I’m sorry I have to go my dad is calling me” I said.
“Oh ok”
“Good luck on tonight’s game. Destroy those Bruins” I said.

“I thought you would have been mad since the Kings are out”

“I’m sad, but hey there is always next year” I said.
“There’s the spirit. Does that mean I can send you a Blackhawks Jersey”

“Now Brandon, don’t push your luck” I said.

He laughed and I smiled.
“I can afford one” I said.
“But I own a few”
“Nah I’d rather own a clean one” I said smiling.
“Now that’s just mean”
“I really have to go, but good luck” I said.
“Thanks it means a lot. Ill let you go then”
I looked at myself in the mirror and nodded.

“Good luck. Score a goal” I said.
“ill try”
“Bye” I said
“Bye”
I hung up and smiled at myself. Now we have like an hour and a half to get back to the hotel and I need to shower!

********************Later That Day****************************

I fixed my black blouse and looked at my dad.
“You ready?” he asked.
“Yes let’s go” I said getting my bag.

I was wearing a simple black long sleeve blouse. My hair was down since I had decided to let it be in it’s wavy self. I was wearing simple jeans and a pair of converse.
“Throw that in there” My dad said handing me his wallet.

I rolled my eyes playfully and took the wallet from him. Why must all men do that? We got into the rental and soon we were waiting in front of the United Center to be let in.

“I’m a little rusty” he told me.
I smiled at him and nodded.
“Don’t worry dad” I said as we sat in our seats.

We were running a little late so we had missed them warming up. Oh well at least we were here. I saw Chaunette recognize me and begin waving at me. I smiled at her and then looked at my dad who asked me a question.

“Yes dad it is naturally this cold” I told him.

He laughed and I looked at the ice. I felt a tap on my shoulder and I looked up. Chaunette was now in front of me.
“What are you doing here!” she asked happily.
“We came house hunting and my dad surprised me with tickets” I said getting up to hug her.

She smiled and introduced herself to my dad. My dad looked slightly confused and then she brought up Brandon. She was sporting a Shaw Jersey and proudly I must say.

“He’s going to be so happy to see you” she said smiling.
I nodded and it got dark.
“Stay in your seat and after the game we’ll meet up” she said.
I nodded and she walked away.
“The boy you met is here?” my dad asked.

I nodded and the players began skating out and my dad looked at me.
“Where?” he asked.
I pointed to the ice and he looked around. He looked at me surprised and nodded.
“Wow” he said.
I smiled and leaned back and took a deep breath.
“Now let’s enjoy the game” I said.

The game quickly started and Lucic scored in the 13th minute. I sighed and I heard a knock on the glass, so I looked up and smiled at Patrick who was looking at me slightly confused.

“OH EM GEE HE’S LOOKING AT US!”

I rolled my eyes and waved at him. He skated away and I saw as he nudged Brandon. Brandon looked at him and Patrick pointed at me. His eyes went wide when he saw me and I waved at him. He smiled at me and skated away.

“I didn’t know he played hockey” my dad said.
I looked at him and smiled.
“Shh dad, they’re playing” I said.
He laughed and I looked back at the ice. Pretty soon the first period was over and the second period was about to start.
“No!” my dad said as Lucic scored….again.
I sighed and rubbed my forehead.
“They still have plenty of time” my dad said.
I nodded and held my breath. Not even 3 minutes later I was screaming my lungs out because Brandon had scored his first playoff goal.
“Wooooooooh” I screamed as me and my dad jumped up and down.

**************After the Game*****************

I followed Chaunette who was bouncing on her heels as we walked down.
“They’re with me”

The security man narrowed his eyes but let us in. I got my dad’s arm and looked around. Chaunette walked into the locker room and stopped.

“Come on” she said.
I shook my head and she sighed.
“Hold up” she said as the door closed.

I looked at my dad and leaned back.
“I am so tired” he told me.
I nodded and he smiled.
“I like this boy” he said.
I looked up at him and smiled.
“So are you guys dating?”
“We are talking dad” I said.

He nodded.

“Have you two kissed?” he asked.
I looked at him and he smiled.
“I’ll take that as a yes” he said.

I rolled my eyes. My dad could be a pest sometimes.

“I like this boy…unlike the ones that tried to be your boyfriend. Stupid little runts” he muttered.

I laughed lightly and the door opened. Jonathan Toews came out and he smiled as he walked over to us.

“Enjoyed the game?” he asked as he opened his arms for a hug.
I hugged him slightly confused and he introduced himself to my dad.
“Why are you here no offense?” he asked looking at me.
“We came house hunting and dad surprised me with tickets” I said suddenly feeling really uncomfortable.
Jonathan had this stare and when you talked he looked at you straight in the eyes.

Jonathan nodded and smiled.

“Well Brandon is going to be happy. I need to go do some interviews but it was nice seeing you. How long are you here for?” he asked touching my shoulder

“I don’t know actually, I guess until we furnish the house” I said.

He nodded and smiled.
“Ok then I’ll see you around then” he said.

I nodded and he left. I looked up when I saw an exhausted Brandon come out. He smiled at me and my dad nudged me so I could walk over to him.

“Congrats” I said squeezing him.

He put his head on my shoulder and groaned. I smiled and pulled away.

“I bet you’re tired” I said looking at him.
He nodded and smiled at me. My dad cleared his throat and I looked at Brandon.
“Daddy” I said getting Brandon’s hand.

“Dad this is Brandon. Brandon, My dad Daniel” I said.

They shook hands and my dad looked at him.

“Congrats on that goal” my dad told him.
Brandon smiled.

“Thank you”

I smiled and Brandon looked at me.
“When did you get here?” he asked.
I smiled at him.
“This morning and well my dad surprised me with tickets” I said.
He smiled and nodded.
“Well we have to go and you should head home and sleep, ill let you to say goodbye though” my dad told him.
My dad smiled at me.
“Ill leave you two alone” he said.
I looked at Brandon who was in his suit now.
“You look tired” I said.
He smiled.
“It’s a good thing we have a day off. Three OT’s is to much” he said rubbing his eyes.
“Then ill let you go then, but you played them like a champ” I said.

He looked at me and smiled.

“I’ll see you tomorrow right?” he asked.
I smiled.
“Yes” I said.
He smiled and kissed my cheek.
“Night Brandon” I told him.
He gave me a smile and nodded.
“Night”
I looked both ways and kissed his cheek. He laughed and I stepped back and waved at him as I walked over to my dad.