Status: Finished November 17, 2013

Made in the USA

Just Talking

I fixed my bed and took a deep breath. I smiled when I saw I had an entering call. I answered the call and ran to lock my room. Just in time as I finished my online class. I had been bored and Brandon had texted me saying he wanted to see me.

“Hello?”

I smiled when I saw how black his room looked. He was shirtless but you could only see his shoulders. He looked adorable as he tried to get his laptop to work. Basically the only light in his room was coming from his laptop. His eyes glistened very well in the light and his hair was still in that hideous hairstyle he called a mullet.

“Um Can you hear me?...Nastia you there?”

“Hey” I said showing myself on the screen.

He smiled at me and I moved the laptop a little so I could sit down. I was wearing a baggy tshirt and some very short shorts. I smiled a little when I saw his eyes wander a little. He could imagine all he wants, but it’s not like I was about to have Sex on him right now.

“What have you been doing?” he asked.

“Summer school started and I’ve helped Mason’s mom with the flower shop” I said.

He smiled and propped up on his elbow.

“That’s nice, but it sucks that you have to go to school” he said.
“I’m done by the 27th of July ill live” I said leaning back on the bed rest.

“Your room looks nice”

I turned around and looked up. He was looking up at my wall that had been doodled on by black paint. Behind me in black paint was my name with flowers and a few butterflies. Mason had doodled it on when we were about 16 years old. I had just finished painting the room purple, and Mason liked doodling on the wall, so I let him.

“Let me give you a tour of my room then” I said putting the laptop on my bed.

I got out of bed and turned on the light from my room. I had the lamp night light on, so it really didn’t light up my room. I picked up my laptop and turned it around so the laptop was cradled on my chest and the camera was facing the wall.

“Ok so this is the first corner” I said stopping by the vanity mirror.

“What does this corner have?”

“It has my vanity mirror” I said showing him the small vanity mirror that had a few perfumes and lotions on the table.

“Who did the doodles?”
“Mason” I said.
“He’s got good hands”

I laughed and he shook his head chuckling. He rubbed his eyes and looked at the screen.

“Ok in this corner I got my desk” I said.

He laughed when he really just saw was a desk.

“I don’t have much out right now since I have everything in boxes” I said showing him the boxes in another corner.
“You sound excited to leave”
“I love LA but I can’t stand my siblings” I said.
“Oh”
“And my closet where all my clothes are” I said.

“I like that dress”

I smiled and nodded.
“I know so do I!” I said as did a 180 turn.
“oh and my bathroom” I said.
I opened the door and walked into the bathroom. The pink bathroom lit up with the light and I saw as he leaned a little on the screen.

“it’s not big but hey I have privacy” I said.

“It’s a simple bathroom for a simple girl”

I smiled and moved my laptop.

“I am so tired” he mumbled leaning on his pillow

I smiled and turned the camera.

“Ill let you go you look tired” I told him.
He smiled and rubbed his eyes.
“Ok then. Ill talk with you later on” he said.
I nodded and he looked at me. He smiled and he cracked his neck. Way to be romantic B.

“Ill text you when I get up” he said.
“Remember 3 hours” I said pointing at him.

He had woken me up at 7am calling me to say good morning to me. I shrieked and fell off my bed, I then ended up answering the phone with a groan and a whine. He had laughed and then realized the time. He tried to apologize but the job had been done. I couldn’t fall back to sleep after that so I talked to him. He talked to me about how he was still in Chicago, but he was heading home.

He laughed and nodded.

“Night” he said.

I waved at him and hung up. I sighed and got up. I looked at the time and frowned. It was barely 7. I picked up my hair and unlocked my door. I locked it on my way out and walked downstairs.

“Momma” I said.
My mom looked up and smiled at me. I sat next to her and looked at her.
“What are you doing mom?” I asked leaning my head on her shoulder.
“Knitting. I thought I would get back into knitting” she said glancing up at me.

I smiled and nodded.

“It looks really nice mom” I said.

She smiled and looked down at her masterpiece.

“It’s for you” she said.
“I’m going to make you a blanket so you can put it in the room” she said.
I smiled and nodded.
“You and your dad are going to Chicago, right?” she said.
I smiled.
“Yea next week” I said.
She smiled at me.
“I wish I could go” she told me.

She honestly looked sorry, but she could not travel as much. The heart attack she had, had left her a little weak.

I smiled at her.

“You’ll be fine here mom. Just get the idiots to stop going out. Make them make you dinner” I said rubbing her shoulder.

She smiled at me and sighed. My mom was a beautiful woman, and she was stunning when she met dad. Mom is hot; she had the prettiest brown hair and light skin. You could tell she was Irish. My mom had crossed the “pond” when she was 8 years old and she stayed here. My parents met at a wedding how ironic right?

“If they are stupid just kick them out” I said.
She laughed.

“You know I can’t do that honey”

“Well they aren’t keeping my room” I said.
“Your room is yours. You helped build it so it is yours. No one will be in there hun” she told me.
I nodded and she looked at me.
“I need a doorknob like that” she told me.
I laughed and smiled.
“I’ll order one for you mom” I said.
She smiled and nodded.
“I think your dad is going to buy that house if he likes it” she said.
I nodded.
“Knowing dad he is” I said.
She laughed
“You are the only one who didn’t fuck up” she said.
“Now mom…my brother and sister just need….a good punch in the face” I said.
She smiled and looked up at me.
“I’m a good mom right?” she asked.
“Of course you are mom. The bestest!” I said kissing her cheek.

She smiled and nodded at my bad grammar and pronunciation.

“Your dad said that the boy in the passenger seat was extremely good looking” she said.
I smiled and laughed.
“Is he?” she asked.
I nodded and she smiled.
“What’s his name?” she asked.
“Brandon” I said.
She smiled.
“That is a very nice name” she told me.
I smiled at her.
“When am I meeting him?”
“Mom, we are just talking” I said.

She raised an eyebrow and I laughed.

“Why talk when you can date?” she asked looking down at her knitting.

She looked at me and smiled.

“Mom I will keep my promise” I told her.
She nodded and looked into the hall.
“Those two certainly didn’t” she said.
She sighed.

“Where did I go wrong with them” she said.

I smiled at her.
“They’re the idiots. You gave us everything we wanted mom, actually you gave us more than we needed” I said.
She nodded and I smiled.
“You’re a great mom” I said.
She smiled.
“I did one good thing” she said.
I laughed and she smiled.
“Do you have a picture of the boy?” she asked.

“Now mom. We are just talking…if things do end up blossoming there, then you will be the first, well with daddy to meet him” I said.

She smiled and nodded.
“Ok” she said.
“Let me grab something to eat mom and ill come watch TV with you” I said.

She nodded and I walked to the kitchen. I smiled a little because well it was true. I was the one who had graduated and actually gone to college. My sister had dropped out and got pregnant. My brother finished school, but he dropped out of college. I was the one who had this pressure to actually do something in my life. My dad owned his construction worker and mom used to be an English teacher.