Status: Finished November 17, 2013

Made in the USA

Family Stories

Nastia’s POV
Brandon looked at me curiously as he watched me dip my fry into my milkshake. He made a face when I popped a piece into my mouth and chewed on it.

“That’s gross” he said.

I laughed and offered him one. He shook his head and I pushed him down on the couch and straddled him.
“Open up” I said.
“That’s gross Nas”
I leaned down and kissed him. He kissed back and pulled away. He looked at me a little stunned and started laughing when I stuffed a fry in his mouth. He chewed on it and nodded. I smiled and someone interrupted our moment.

“Wow”
I looked up to see Patrick Kane.
“Hey” I said getting off Brandon.

He smiled at me and tossed Brandon an energy drink and I smiled when he handed me a Chocolate bar.

“Aww thank you, but I don’t need it anymore though” I said.

He nodded and opened his arms. I got off the couch and he gave me a squeeze. He looked at the stitches he had caused and looked at me.

“You didn’t bruise” he said.

“I know, Mason said its cause Brandon practically made me have an icepack on my face for like a day and a half” I said.
He laughed and nodded.
“Manchild took care of you for a reason” he said.
I smiled and he sat down on the other couch.

“Nas you will not believe!”
I looked up to see Polly walking. She smiled at them and waved at them. They laughed when she turned her attention to me.
“Where’s Mason I thought he was with you?” I asked.
“Oh he’s outside trying to get the dog to come in” she said.

I laughed and nodded. There was a stray that always passed by our house and Mason always tried to get it to come inside.

“Hey guys” he said.
Mason waved at us and got Polly’s hand.

“Ok then let’s go to my room” he said.
“Door open” I said.
He rolled his eyes and I looked at Patrick.

“Why are you here? Not that I don’t want you here” I said.
He smiled and leaned back.
“I got hungry so I went to the store and I asked Brandon if he wanted anything and he did so I thought why not” he said.
I nodded and he looked at the TV.

“It definitely feels homey here” he said.

I smiled and leaned on Brandon.

“You are always welcomed here” I said.
He smiled at me and my phone buzzed. Mason was texting me to go to his room. I got up and looked at the guys.
“Ill be back I am needed in Mason’s room” I said.

They nodded and looked at the TV. I walked into Mason’s room and Polly looked at me.

“What?” I asked.
“What are we eating?” Mason asked.

I looked at them and laughed.

“I don’t know I thought you guys went to go eat” I said.

“Well yea but hours ago” Polly said.
“How’d your date go” I said smiling at them.

Mason rolled his eyes and got up excusing himself to use the bathroom.

“It was nice he took me to a Mexican restaurant” she said.
“Your love for tacos is not healthy” I said.
She smiled at me.
“So how was it?” I asked.

She nodded and I squealed. I heard Mason outside coming out of the bathroom laugh and I’m guessing he went to the kitchen or living room.

“When’s the next date?” I asked.
“Next week” she said smiling.
I hugged her and she smiled.
“Well come on let’s go to the living room” I said.
I got out of the bed and walked to the living room.
“Hey Polly what’s your last name”
Polly smiled at Patrick.
“who told you?” she asked.
He smiled.
“So it’s true?” he asked.
“My great grandparents immigrated from Italy.” she said.

He nodded and she sat next to Brandon. Even Brandon wanted to know.
Yes Polly’s family had ties with the old big Italian Mob. She was related to the great Fillippo Sacco, well he didn’t go by that name. He went by John Roselli. He was well known in the city of Chicago, but the mob never went for the family. Her Grandma who recently passed away was his sister, so the last name changed when she got married. What last name did she have you may ask. Her Grandpa was French-American. Her Grandpa went out to fight in the Vietnam War where he found out his wife was a couple of weeks pregnant.

She told them the story and Patrick smiled at her.

“that’s cool what’s your story?”
“Uh my mom came over here from Ireland” Mason said sitting next to Patrick.

“She’s half Spanish and British though. My grandparents went back to Ireland after my mom got married” Mason added as he tossed a pillow at me.
Patrick looked at him.
“and your dad?”

“Don’t have one” Mason said.

Polly gave him a scold and he rolled his eyes.
“He’s a fool who got lucky with my mom really” Mason said.

I looked at him and opened my mouth and nodded.

“Pretty much” I said.

Polly looked at me and I smiled.
“he isn’t lying there Polly” I said.
“But he’s still your father” Polly said.
“I honestly consider Nas’ dad more of a father than my own dad” Mason said.
“What about you?” Patrick asked looking at me.

“My mom is Irish, dad is Mexican” I said.

He looked at me.

“how did that happen?” he asked.
I laughed cause well no one actually believed me when I said that. It’s not something that happens.
“So did your parents go to school?”
“My mom did she’s and English professor” I said.

They nodded and I proceeded to tell them how my dad had immigrated to the United States when he was 18 years old. He met my mom through out that time where she was a student at UCLA. My mom had moved to California from New York for college. My dad didn’t go to school here. He literally started from the bottom. He only had $50 and he started working the first day he was here. He bought a window washer and cleaned windows. They gave him good money, and it helped him survive. He never finished elementary school because of the money his parents couldn’t supply with. He didn’t mind, he worked his ass off and he worked for a construction company until about 10 years ago that the company went bankrupt. My dad and a few friends of him joined forces you can say and created a construction company. His best friend runs the money and he runs the company. It’s been going out pretty well. My dad really recently got his happily ever after. When he thought life was getting better my sister got pregnant and my sister ran away.

“Wow I like your story” Patrick said.

I gave him a smile and he cocked his head to the side.

“How well do you know Beau Bennett?” he asked.

Brandon looked at me. Uhoh!
“Why?” I asked.
“Cause he seems to know you very well”
♠ ♠ ♠
This is kinda just a filler, so sorry!