Status: Finished November 17, 2013

Made in the USA

Mini Concert

Anastasia’s POV

“Mason you need to shut up” I said.
Mason ignored me and continued belting out an Emblem3 song.

I sighed and continued making dinner. I heard the door open and I looked up to see Brandon walking in. His hair looked a little wet, so he had showered after practice.

“Chloe! I know your sister turns everyone on! But you’re the one I want!”

Brandon looked into the living room and saw Mason who had his earphones on and he was playing Mario Kart.

“You having a mini concert?” Brandon asked me.
“Sadly” I said.
“Need help?” he asked going around to get to me.
He pulled me into a hug and pecked my lips. I laughed when he kept me close to him.
“Nah I’m fine” I said looking up at him.

He smiled and looked into the pots.
“What’s there to eat?” he asked.

He looked up when he heard Mason start to sing Who’s Laughing Now by Jessie J. He glanced at me and laughed.

“Yes I have quite a distraction in the living room” I said.

“How are your stitches?” he asked.
“Let me answer the first question. We are having Burritos” I said.
He nodded and he walked around me and opened the fridge.
“And some of your teammates will be here” I said.

He made a face and looked at me. He looked at me for about a minute before he looked at me.

“And my stitches are fine thank you” I said smiling up at him.

He laughed and his smile fell.

“I wanted to spend time with you” he said.

“It just takes some time. Little girl you’re in the middle of the ride. Everything, everything will be just fine. Everything, everything will be alright. Alright!”

Brandon looked up and laughed.
“Does he know I’m here?” he asked.
“Probably not” I said getting napkin and rolling it up.
I threw it at Mason and he looked up.
“what? Oh hey Brandon” he said.

He paused his game and got up. He fixed his shorts and walked over to the kitchen. He still had an ear bud on his ear and you could hear a song begin playing.

“It smells good” he said sitting on a chair.
He took out his phone and looked at the screen. He began humming and Brandon looked at me.
“Come on Nas join me” he said taking off the earphones.

I sighed and looked at him. Brandon looked at me and smiled.

“I’ve never heard you sing. I went to the bathroom and got abducted by your dad when you and Mason were singing for your birthday” he said.
I smiled and shrugged.

Brandon’s POV

Mason smiled and pressed play. It was a Spanish song and it had something to do with a Butterfly. I laughed as Mason did a dramatic hand gesture. He did that for about a few seconds and he looked at me. The song was a live version of the song because it had people singing in the back round. My guess it was from a concert.

“Come on Nas” he said looking at Nastia as he turned back to singing.

She sighed and nodded. The song played by itself and Mason smiled and nodded. She began singing and Mason smiled at her and joined. I laughed as he practically danced on his seat. Nastia on the other hand was singing and moving her feet. Their voices mixed very well. The song ended and the same artist began singing. It was a different song and something about something being a coincidence and what not. Nastia knew the song really well and she sang along to it. Mason stopped singing as he texted someone back, but once he was done he sang the chorus with Nastia. My phone vibrated and I looked down at it, it was Jonny and Kaner. They were here and were knocking, but no one answered them. I walked over to the door and opened the door. They raised an eyebrow when they heard singing coming from the room.

“Nas and Mason” I said letting them in.
Nastia looked up and smiled at them. Mason stopped signing and the guys smirked.
“No continue” Kaner said.
Mason shrugged and continued signing along. Nas laughed and she hugged the guys.
“You two know Spanish?” Jonny asked her.
She nodded and the song ended and it changed to a song by the same artist. Mason jumped on his seat a little and Nas smiled. Mason started singing and Nas laughed. She began singing, well they were talking. Patrick listened and took out his phone and googled the lyrics. The artist was a Spanish Rock band called Mana. The song changed and the guys laughed because it was an NSYNC.

“You can join us Pat. I’m sure you know the dance moves” Mason said grinning him.

Patrick laughed and I saw Nastia had finished cooking. Mason grinned at her and she nodded.

“Hell yea I love this dance” she said.
He stopped the song and Jonny looked at me.
“What’s going on?” he asked.
“They’re singing Bye Bye Bye” Kaner said.

“You would know the name of the song” Johnny said.
“Try to say you don’t Jonathan, but I have a feeling you’ve jammed out to NSync without realizing it” Nastia told Jonny.
He laughed and nodded.
“of course” he said.

I looked at Nastia and saw she was dancing in sync with Mason who laughing. I laughed as they hit the dance moves perfectly. Mason knew the dance very well, and Jonny was having a laugh about it.

I looked up when I heard the door open. Polly walked in and she smiled.

“Oh my god” she said slipped off her heels.

Mason laughed and she joined them. I laughed as I saw she didn’t mess up. Nastia laughed and lifted her jeans a little.

“See this is why you should wear a belt” I said.

She stuck her tongue out and continued dancing. I laughed as they did those stomps perfectly. The song finished and Nastia took a deep breath and fixed her jeans.
“It’s tearing up my heart when I’m with you!”
She laughed and Mason paused the song.
“I’m starving” Mason said.
“Didn’t know you could dance Mase” Jonny teased.

“My mom put me and Nas in a lot of out of school activities. Street hockey, ballroom, choir, you can name it and I did it at some point in my childhood” Mason said.

“You know how to play street hockey?” Jonny asked Mason.
“Well California is a desert. We didn’t live in Winterpeg”
Jonny rolled his eyes and I laughed.
“If we wanted ice we had to drive and you know look for them. There aren’t much” Mason said as he prepared his burrito.

“So you grew up in a pretty good part of town?”
Mason looked up.
“Uh we went to a public school, so many people assume we can’t communicate with others” he said.
He wrapped up his burrito and looked at Kaner who asked the question.
“Well we never got mugged or anything, but then again we didn’t associate with bad people” Polly said.

“Our parents worked their asses of to get us what we have. Well my dad didn’t but you get what I’m saying” Mason said.
Nastia rolled her eyes.
“What’s your story?” Jonny asked Nastia.
She looked up and then at Kaner.