Status: Finished November 17, 2013

Made in the USA

Obstacle Part 1

March 2014

I woke up and stretched a little. I can’t really stretch as much considering I have a 200 pound Brandon on half my body. I didn’t mind he was finally sleeping on his own. On his own I mean without the need of medication.

I turned to face him when I felt him shift.

“Nas”

I smiled and he licked his lips and buried his head on my shoulder.

“You need to stop doing that” I said as he hissed in pain.

He made a face and opened his eyes.

“Sorry”

He rolled off of me and rubbed his eyes. The 21 year old looked adorable half awake.

“Are you hungry?” I asked.

He closed his eyes and made a weird noise.

“I’ll take that as no” I said.

I looked at the time and sat up.

“Come on you have to get up. We can go on a walk” I said rubbing his shoulder.

He looked at me.

“Come on Brandon, you are not moping around anymore” I said.

He blinked and fixed the blanket he had on him. I gave him a smile and he looked at me.

“What?”

I laughed.

“You look so manly cuddled up to my Tinkerbell blanket” I said kissing his cheek.

He buried his face in the pillow and I got up. He groaned when I slapped his butt.

“come on get your big booty up. No more moping we are going on a walk” I said.

He sighed and I pecked his lips. I got up and walked to the bathroom. By the time I was out Brandon was in the living room. Truth was he hadn’t skated or practiced since the Olympics.

“Let me change and we can go eat breakfast” I said.

He gave me a face and I walked over to him.

“Brandon they’re going to see soon” I said running my hand along his jaw.

“It’s embarrassing”

“Brandon, you scored the gold medal winning goal” I said.

He looked at me and I traced the red scar he had on his neck.

“You just couldn’t celebrate with them” I said.

He wasn’t allowed to nod or shake his head so he just looked at me.

“Maybe in a few years you’ll think of it as an obstacle” I said.

“Sure was. I don’t really feel comfortable with going out. Can we just stay here?”

“As much as I would love to” I started.

He gave me a groan and I smiled.

“I have class tomorrow” I said.

He gave me a small pout and I kissed his cheek.

“I gave you to much of my time Brandon, but I feel like I’m slacking off. I need to go to class and you need to go outside. We’re both going to do things we don’t want to do” I said.

He sighed and got up. I smiled and followed him to his room. I quickly changed into a comfy long sleeve and some dark blue skinny jeans.

“Just put on your jeans I’ll help you with your shirt” I said.

He groaned and I smiled at him.

“This is embarrassing”

“It is not” I said.

He looked at me

“It kind of is. We haven’t slept with each other and you’ve seen me naked a bunch of times”

I ignored him and I began cleaning his injury.

“I feel like a loser”

I rolled my eyes and I saw his eyes were beginning to flood with tears.

“Brandon” I said.

He looked at me.

“It wasn’t even your fault honey. The Russian tripped you and well you know the rest” I said.

He looked down at I lifted his face a little.

“America thinks you’re a hero. Instead of panicking at the fact that you were bleeding out, you tried to stand up” I said.

I wiped his tears and stood in between his legs. I pulled him into a careful hug and he sniffled as his arms went around my waist.

“You have your gold medal and you knew how to handle it. Sure you broke down on live tv but that doesn’t matter” I said playing with his hair.

I pulled away and he looked at me.

“Patty kicked that Russian’s ass anyways” I said.

He gave me a small smile and I got some gauze.

“No”

I nodded and kissed him.

“Just remember your teammates are standing behind you. So are your fans” I said.

He leaned in and I pulled him into a hug.

Flashback to Gold Medal Match Feb 2014.
“They’re tied”

I nodded and looked at Jon.

“I know now shut up” I said.

He looked at me a little surprised.

“I’m sorry that was mean but I’m nervous” I said rubbing my face.

He chuckled and I looked around for Brandon. I had seen him prior to the game and he was a nervous mess. He was stuttering in his interviews and he shaking. It was kind of adorable, and according to Patty that’s how Brandon talked when they met him.

“Look at our manchild”

I smiled and stood up screaming as Brandon scored a goal giving The US the lead. They were in the third period and they had 10 minutes. All Jonathan Quick had to do was not let anything go into the net. The US had great defenseman and I just hope they would actually use their tall lanky bodies for something.

“You are so in love”

I rolled my eyes and blew Brandon a kiss. He gave me a smile and I saw as a Russian Skated over to him.

“oh god”

I looked at Jon and then back at the ice. Brandon ignored the Russian and skated by Jonathan Quick. Quick gave him a nudge in which he smiled at.

“He’s just following him”

I nodded and got Jonathan’s hand. He looked at me and shrugged lightly as I squeezed it. I screamed in horror at what happened next. The Russian tried to punch Brandon and managed to make Brandon wobble. When this happened one Russian cause Brandon to fall by pushing him. We heard whistle and Jon was on his feet dragging me out.

“No” I said.

He turned my face so I wouldn’t see, but I saw what I saw. Brandon got on his knees and felt his neck. His eyes widened as he saw the blood coming from his neck. I saw as Patrick launched himself at a Russian. I also saw as Quick took off his helmet and rushed to Brandon.

“Come on”

“Is he ok?” I asked.

Jonathan looked at me and threw me over his shoulder and rushed to the locker rooms.

“Jon” I said.

“I don’t know”

I covered my face and saw no medics were here. I slid onto the floor and I felt someone walk over to me. Corey picked me up and looked at me.

“You have to be strong. If you break he breaks”

I nodded.

“By the looks of it. It was a vein”

I felt my eyes water up and he looked at me.

“They’re coming. Strong Nas you have to be strong”

I nodded and I looked up to see Brandon in a stretcher. Quick was next to him and by the looks of it. He was pressing so the blood would clot. Their white jerseys were soaked with blood.

“Nas”

“I’m right here” I said.

He was about to talk but all that came out was a sob.

“You ain’t gonna die man. Relax and don’t talk”

Brandon grabbed my hand and I gave it a squeeze.

“you’re going to be ok” I said.

He was getting pale, extremely pale.

“but you have to relax” I said.

He blinked and they began putting an oxygen mask on him.

“I’ll be there when you wake up” I told him.

You could tell he was about to pass out.

“I love you Brandon” I said.

He looked at me and I felt as his hand loosened.

“We’re not gonna let you die buddy. Relax and your girlfriend will be here when you wake up”

Jonathan pulled me away and I looked at him.

“Come on let’s clean your hands. We have to head to the hospital”

I felt like my legs couldn’t even work.

“come on now Nas, they’re doing there best. Relax”

How could i? I just saw my boyfriend pass out due to blood loss.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm planning on ending this story by next week. I've stretched it out to much and i feel like an ass. I don't like reading incomplete stories and i know you guys don't like either.