Status: Finished November 17, 2013

Made in the USA

Obstacles Part 2

Brandon’s POV / Flashback February 2014.

I opened my eyes and I felt pain on the right side of my face.

“Don’t turn”

I blinked just to see Nas looking at me. She gave me the biggest smile I had ever seen. Her eyes were blood shot. She carefully kissed my cheek and smiled.

“He’s awake?”

She nodded and I looked at her. I had an oxygen mast and my neck was in a brace. If I moved I couldn’t either way.

“You sure love being a drama queen”

Kaner gave me a smile and patted my leg.

“We did it”

I blinked and he handed Nas a box. She opened it and turned it so I could look at it. It was a gold medal. She lifted it out and pressed it onto my hand. I closed my eyes feeling it and I let out a sob.

“No, we’ve done to much crying”

I looked at Kaner and saw he had a busted lip. He gave me a grin.

“He looks worse”

“You got us a Gold Medal Saader. You took Quick with you so we had to use our back up. He handled it pretty well”

I looked at Nas who was smiling at me.

“You scared the living shit out of everyone”

She hit Pat and he looked at her.

“Well it’s true. What did I tell you about giving players that stupid smirk of yours?”

I closed my eyes and he sighed.

“It’s good to have you here though Bud. You scared the crap out of everyone though”

He gave me a smile and looked at Nas.

“When are you heading back?”

“When Brandon is cleared. I talked to my professors and I just need to keep updated with the notes and all. As long as I bring Brandon back to Chicago I’m fine. Brandon just has to give my professors a signed paper and I’ll be fine”

She gave me a smile and squeezed my hand.

“He might be here for a month”

She shrugged.

“His parents couldn’t get their Visa’s so I really don’t want to leave him alone”

Pat nodded and looked at her.

“If you don’t marry this girl in two years, I will”

I looked at him and he smiled.

“Now say cheese”

I closed my eyes when I felt a flash.

“You idiot!”

“Sorry!”

End of Flashback

-------------
March 2014
Brandon’s POV

I wasn’t allowed to drive, I wasn’t allowed to run I wasn’t allowed to do anything. I heard Nas’ cough and I looked at her. My girlfriend was a trooper. She kept up with my annoying ass, school and that cold she had.

“Are you really hungry?”

I replied a yes and we got into her car. I gave my neighbor a smile and she returned it. She had seen me when my flight got in. I had gotten sick on the flight back from Russia. We had to stop in New york and get an IV on me. They flew me into Chicago and I refused to get hospitalized. It was quite a scene but they agreed to not have the media there. Nas, she was just being dragged by me since I wouldn’t let go of her hand. I agreed to have a nurse for the first two weeks but then she got too friendly so I fired her and asked for a male nurse. I gave him the day off today.

“Stop nodding”

I smiled and she grabbed my hand.

“What day is it today?” I asked.

“Saturday”

I leaned back on my seat and her phone began ringing.

“What up Mason?”

“Polly made breakfast for like 20. Come over”

She looked at me and gave her a thumb up.

“Will do, be over in 10”

She hung up and began driving.

“Are you going to be comfortable?

“Yea” I said.

“Ok”

“If you don’t just tell me and you can take a nap in my room or something”

“Will do” I said.

We got there and I looked at Nas as I saw a photographer in a car.

“They harass the crap out of Mason and Grace every morning”

I reached for her hand as I sighed and let out a deep breath.

“I’ll talk with the organization about this” I told her.

She nodded and we walked inside.

“Oh didn’t think Brandon was coming”

I turned around fully to see most of the team there. None of them got up and I get them. I didn’t let any of them in and I made Nas kick them out when they went over.

Kaner was the first to smile at me and get up.

“Hey man how are you feeling?”

“A little sore” I said.

He nodded and smiled up at me.

“Look at that battle scar of yours. Nassie has certainly been taking care of you”

“Yea. Sorry” I said to him.

He shrugged and smiled.

“Come on you two let’s eat”

I nodded and took a seat. Nas was in the kitchen with Mason and I could hear them talking in Spanish.

“How are you feeling?”

I had to turn my whole body but I saw my cap give me a smile.

“Sore and Hungry” I admitted.

He laughed and I gave him a smile.

“Well we can help you with the hungry thing”

“How’s that scar of yours?”

I turned to see Shawzy. Chaunette was scolding him and he was reaching for my collar. I unbuttoned my shirt a little and he saw it. His eyes widened a little and he gave me a nod.

“You are definitely a hockey player”

I laughed and Nas put a plate of food in front of me. She took a seat next to Mason who was infront of me to my right and I glanced at everyone on the table.

“It won’t bleed”

I looked at Nas and saw she was looking at everyone.

“You guys can hug him, pat him and talk with him. He won’t bleed out. It’s healing well and he’s still the same Brandon… He just cusses a little more”

They laughed and I gave her a smile.

“Thanks Nas” I told her.

She gave me a wink and looked down at her food. I felt a hand on my shoulder and I smiled. I should have let them in when I was in trouble.