Beauty and the Bastard

Need to be With Our Family

He's gone.

He left me.

No goodbye.

No fight.

No nothing.

He just walked away.

While I was asleep.

That was the worst part. He couldn't even look me in the eye and tell me he wants out.


I've been having these destructive thoughts for the last 7 years. For the last 7 years, I've been looking for Merle to at least tell him one thing.

But it was like he never existed.

No one could find him.

And I took Lilly to every dive bar in the state of Georgia. But he was never in one of them. Not in a station. Not in a prison. Not in a hospital. Or a rehab.

That man doesn't want to be found.

He doesn't want to know he is a father.

To my twin sons.

Jax Daryl Davidson and Ryker Lee Davidson.

I thought they could be named after their uncle and father since their father would never be in their life.

I tried my hardest to find Merle once I found out I was pregnant. The first place I went was his house. But Daryl didn't know where his brother is. Yeah, I met the father of my children's baby brother without him. I still can't see how Merle and Daryl are brother seeing as Daryl is so much nicest then Merle. Seeing as Daryl stood by me during my pregnancy and tried to help me find Merle. I did have my suspicions that he does know where Merle is but knows that Merle doesn't want to be found. So I called him out on it when the twins were two and Daryl did tell me he knew where Merle was and that Merle knows about the twins. Daryl looked me right in the eye and told me Merle wants nothing to do with his sons or me.

But that was the thing I knew he wanted nothing to do with me. I just wanted my sons to have their father with them. Especially now that the world turned to shit.

Image

"Mama, where are we going?" Ryker asked as he sat in the backseat of my Lincoln Navigator with his brother and Bullet. Lilly sat in the front with me as I drove us on the long highway. The other side was filled with empty cars of the people trying to get to Atlanta but I knew better. I drove to my father's old hunting cabin in the woods. We stayed there for five months before those freaks found us.

Chris and his family are behind us in their truck as I thought about where to go. I remember Shane texting me at the beginning that he was going up to the quarry. Yeah, that was another great thing to happen to me in the last 7 years. Me and Shane worked everything out and are closer than ever. But Chris is still my favorite.

Speaking of my brothers, Jasper and Spencer are in the truck behind Chris's with Mom. Matt and his family are already with Shane. I don't know where Dad is and Daryl left once we were at the cabin to go be with Merle.

So since most of our family was at the old quarry, I guess we are going to the quarry. I signal to Chris to pull over and I step out with my brothers.

"What's up, Baby?" Spencer asked as he and Jaz walked up to me and Chris.

"I say we go up to quarry. Shane, Matt, Roxxi and the kids are up there. I think we should be with our family." I said as I lean against Jaz.

"Alright, let's go." Spencer said as he turned to walk away.

"That's it? You don't want to plan, Little brother?" Jade call out from her seat, where she was listening in.

"Nothing to plan. We go up to the quarry. If it's overrun, we kill 'em then chill up there till we think of another place."

And that was it.

Everyone climbed back into their trucks and I lead them to the quarry. Driving up to the road, Lilly pointed out an RV with what looked like a man standing on top of it. "So they are still here." I nodded with my words as I drove up the dirt path. Shane, Matt and large black man walked up to my truck.

"Hey, big brothers." I sang out with a large smile on my face.

"Baby girl! You okay?" Shane asked as he reached in to hug me. I hug him back and place a hand on Matt's arm.

"Hey, baby."

"Yeah Shane, everyone is good. But we still can't find Daddy." I frown at the thought of my father dead or worse, one of those freaks.

"Yea we can't find him either. Well you guys just park in front of my jeep and you can meet everyone." Shane pointed out the silver jeep I road in with him since I was a teenager.

I park and open the door for the twins and Bullet to hop out. I hold Ryker's hand while Jax walked next to Bullet, who is in between us. Everyone else follows us as Shane's group stand behind him. Most of the woman and one guy look fearful of the sizes of my three brothers behind me. My brothers and father were never small men. They are all large, height and weight wise. None of them are fat but they could easily past for boxers or bodybuilders. Hell, Chris and Spencer were boxers.

"Alright everyone this is Kristen, Chris, his wife Jade and their son Kane, Jasper, Spencer, Chloe, her twin boys, Jax and Ryker, her dog Bullet and her best friend, Lilly." Shane points us out and only my mom and Lilly wave hello. I would have but I have trusting issues since Merle. "Guys this is Lori, her son Carl, Carol, her husband Ed and daughter Sophia, Andrea, her sister Amy, Jacqui, T-Dog, Glenn, Jim, Morales, his wife Miranda and their Eliza and Louis, and then you have Dale on top of the RV."

"Don't forget the brothers." Lori said to Shane, who glares at her in return. Lori looks down, clearly upset that Shane glared at her, but says nothing.

"What brothers, Shane?" Jade asks as she runs her free hand through Kane's hair.

"Don't worry about them. Come on I will show you where to set up." Shane motions us to follow him. He wraps an arm around my shoulders after he picks up Ryker. Lori glares at me and I smirk back. Bitch wants to think I'm with my brother, and then let the bitch think that. I can see her wedding ring on her finger while a male's ring is on the necklace around her neck. Cheating bitch. Her husband maybe dead but if you love him why be with someone else? Even if it's the end of the world, if you love someone why tarnish your love for the person by spreading your legs?

That's why I've never been with anyone for years. Never even thought about another man for 7 years. I love Merle Dixon and im not going to push my love for him down just to get off. That would never happen. That's why my mother calls me insane when Daryl was practically living with me and I never tried to get with him. Even though Daryl is hot, very hot, he is Merle's baby brother and that would be really weird getting pregnant by Merle and then fuck Daryl. Not only would that be weird, which would be gross. That would be spitting on the love I have for Merle if I have gotten with Daryl. Do I regret not getting with Daryl? Never. My heart belongs to that redneck bastard.

Shane helps pitch my tent before helping Lilly with hers. The twins share with Kane. Lilly and my mom share because I can't share with my mother and not want to kill her and my mother doesn't want to sleep alone. Shane was the only one in our family that's alone in his tent since I have Bullet in mine. I crawl in after Bullet and set up the inside of my tent. I hear the boys doing the same before they crawl into mine.

"Mama, can you take us to the lake?" Ryker asks while Jax sits down next to Bullet. I frown a little at my silent baby. Ever since Daryl left, Jax rarely talks and that only to his twin. Ryker told me that Jax misses Daryl since he was the only Uncle he is really close to. I could see that since Daryl and Jax are alike in many ways. When Daryl took the boys hunting for the first time, only Jax liked it. When Daryl taught them how to fish, only Jax liked it. When Daryl taught the boys how to skin their catches, only Jax wanted to do it. Whatever Daryl taught or did; only Jax would want to do it. I feel for my little hunter since I was like that with Shane.

"Sure monster, go to Grandma and grab some towels, okay?" Kane and Ryker left the tent to find my mother while Jax stayed here with me and Bullet. "Jax baby, come here." I open my arms for my oldest son and he crawls into my embrace. "You know your Uncle Daryl is going to be with us again, don't you?" Jax nods his head and moves closer to me. "Why can't you talk to me, baby? Are you mad at me?" Jax shakes his head as tears ran down my face. "You don't think I sent your uncle away do you?"

"No Mommy."

I gasp as I heard my son's voice for the first time in five months. He finally talked to me! I hugged him closer forgetting that I asked him why he stopped talking to me. I was just so happy he did talk to me. I kiss his blonde hair and smile as Ryker poked his head in.

"Come on, Mama! Time to go!"