Yelling Through

Bear Pit

Jaxx's Point of View

“No, I don’t like that one,” I said to Lee.

“Why did we get this job?” Matty whined.

“Shut the fuck up,” Lee told him.

“Boys, what you need to understand is that I don’t need your help, picking. I need help rejecting,” I explained looking through the racks of clothes.

Since Oli was to take me out to get to know me on behalf of the rest of Bring Me The Horizon, I was currently shopping for something to wear, because according to Lee and Matty, who had rudely awakened me by jumping on top of me, nothing I had was suitable. Oli had stuff to do at Drop Dead, so they decided to take me shopping. I had a feeling it was going to be a long day, and it was.

After a bunch of stores and me explaining to the boys that just because they said fancy, didn’t mean a dress, I was finally taken back to Oli’s, where I was told to shower, do my (now short) hair and makeup and then get dressed.

When I was done, I walked out and did a little twirl. “Well?” I asked.

“Perfect. We did a good job,” Matty said.

“Did you birth me?” I asked.

“Well, Jaxx, I’ve got some news. I am your father,” he said.

I rolled my eyes. “Whatever, Dad.”

“Sassy, just like her mum,” Matty said looking at Lee.

“Why am I the girl?” he asked.

“Because you’re more feminine than me.”

“I always knew you two were fucking,” I chirped.

“Damn right,” Matty said, pulling Lee close.

“Alright can we go? Oli’s waiting.”

“This is ridiculous,” I said. I was riding in the back, while my “mother” and “father” dropped me off at Drop Dead, so that Oli could take me out.

I was thankful, when we finally pulled up outside of the store. I thanked them, got out and slammed the door, before walking into the store. Tom was leaning against the checkout counter, looking bored out of his mind.

Not know who was there, I walked up and ruffled his hair to get his attention, because apparently the clicking of my heels hadn’t done it.

“The fuck?” he started, but his demeanor changed, when he saw it was me. “When did you get here?” he asked. “No one can hear you, they’re in the back.”

“I got here a couple of days ago.”

“No one tells me anything. I’m going to assume that you’re the reason that Oli’s so nervous.”

“He’s nervous?” I asked.

“Yeah, speaking of which, give me a minute.”

He left and went to the back. He came back out with Oli in tow.

“Is someone nervous?” I teased.

“Why’d you tell her that, you sod?” Oli asked, smacking Tom upside the head.

“Fucking abusive prick.”

“Boys, play nice.”

“When you told me you had a date, you didn’t tell me with Jaxx.”

“Sod off Tommy.”

I smirked.

“It’s cute,” Tom continued. “Let me take your picture.”

I chuckled.

“Tom,” Oli groaned.

“Shut up and move closer to her.”

Oli stood next to me, while Tom fished a camera out from under the counter (not surprising).

“Put your arm around her. Act like you know her.”

Oli slithered his arm around me and pulled me close.

“Now-“

“Just take the fucking picture!” Oli yelled.

“Smile!”

With a grin and a flash Tom looked at it, before turning the camera to us.

“Send me that,” I told him

“Can we go, before he gets any more annoying?” Oli asked.

I nodded. “Bye, Tom.”

“Bye, Jaxx. Bye, you Sod.”

“Fuck you.”

“Be nice to your brother.”

Where are we going?” I asked, as he led me to his car.

“If I say a surprise, will you get pissy with me?” he asked.

I shook my head. “No.”

“Then I ain’t telling you,” he said.

“Or you could tell me the truth that you don’t know,” I offered.

“Sometimes I hate you,” he said.

I smirked.

“Actually I do know where I’m taking you, and I’m not telling you.”

“You’re a quick thinker.”

“I’m pretty sure you’re picking on me,” he said, pouting.

“I’m just teasing. I pick on Matty. He’s an easy target.”

“Very,” Oli agreed.

We first went to eat at some place that Oli frequented.

Then we were off again. The drive was short and I was honestly surprised when we pulled up in front of the Botanical Gardens.

“So?” Oli asked.

“I’m impressed,” I said, as we neared the entrance.

I immediately pulled out my phone and began to take pictures. Everything was beautiful.

He grabbed one of my hands and laced my fingers with his. We walked through the gardens hand in hand talking about everything. Oli and I knew we could just talk to each other. We’d done it without trying, but now everything just spilled out carelessly. Some of it was petty shit like how I hated the color orange and heavy shit. I had in my bag, two sketch books. The first was a general one, which was filled full of whatever on my mind (which I’ll openly admit was mostly full of Oli). The other was one that normally stayed in the studio above my garage, which I rarely used.

We found a place to sit, and Oli watched over my shoulder, as I drew one of the flowers by us (his request).

“I’m not complaining, but why did you agree to this?” he asked.

“Agree to what?” I asked.

“To this.”

“And what would you call this” I pressed.

He shifted awkwardly and rubbed the back of his neck. “I would like to call it a date,” he answered.

“Good, cause so would I.”

“That still doesn’t answer my question.”

“I agreed, because I wanted to.” I didn’t look at him as I spoke. “You were right, when I picked you up at three in the morning one time. I am scared. I’ve been scared ever since I was little, and because of it, I held back. Now, I don’t care as much. I don’t feel like I have to. I honestly really like you and after having some sense talked into me, I decided just to go for it.”

“I didn’t know the Sprite had sense,” he joked.

I chuckled. “Shocks the hell out of me sometimes too.”

“I’m really glad you came around.” He wrapped an arm around me and rested his head on top of mine. “And I’m really glad that you’re here.”

“Thank your wingmen.”

“Yes Mister and Mister Smooth.”

“Hey I’m here aren’t I?”