Sequel: For Diamonds And Gold

Million Dollar Houses

chapter 12

It's been two weeks since Vic left and I can honestly say, it's not as bad as I thought it would be.

Sure I have nobody and no one to talk too but Mike is over sometimes so it's not bad. The days Mike isn't here I wonder around the big house or go into town by myself looking for something to do. It was a lot easier back home, I'd be working most of the time and when I wasn't working I was either looking after mum or at some classes that I used to take in the afternoons.

"Hey Kellin, guess who's here! it's Jaime's cousin from Mexico"

I looked back to the screen in front of me and almost burst out laughing. Vic was sitting on his bed with his hair pulled into a hat and black tape under his nose.

"I, err, I hear you marry my friend" he spoke in a thick accent and had his face up close to the camera.

"Oh my god Vic!" I laughed, what the fuck is he doing? I moved to lie on my stomach so I was more comfortable, I couldn't stop smiling and I could tell Vic was finding it hard not to smile.

"My name, is paplo" he said making me burst out laughing again.

"Don't you mean Pablo?" I asked

"That's what I said, you think I don't know my own name? I know my own name!" He shouted

"Who the fuck are you talking to?" I heard a voice in the background and then a face popped up next to Vic's.

"My beautiful fiancé, Kellin." said Vic in his normal voice and my belly doing a little flip flop thing at him calling me beautiful. I blushed slightly and smiled at the man sitting next to Vic.

He was pretty good looking, dark hair and eyes, a grey beanie on his head and the bushiest eyebrows I've ever seen but he still really good looking.

"Hey, I'm alex" he said waving at me

"Hey" I replied

"Alex is the lead singer for All Time Low" explained Vic and I nodded my head

"So your the person who took my Vic away" I smiled

"Yeah, sorry about that, Hey you know your a lot prettier than Vic makes you out to be" smiled Alex and I felt my face grow red as I looked at Vic who was just smiling back at me. He pushed Alex's shoulder lightly and he laughed

"Ignore him he's just pissing about. And he has a girlfriend" said Vic shouting Alex a glare.

"Oh shit! I'm meant to ring Lisa" Alex got up quickly and left, I smiled at Vic and I being alone again but I'd much rather have him here with me.

"Listen kells I've gotta go now" said Vic pulling the tape away from his face and letting his hair out of his hat.

I felt a sense of sadness fall over me, I don't want him to go, not yet anyway.

"I really should be getting to bed, got a lot work of to do tomorrow" he said yawning, I looked outside the window and saw the sun shining through the clouds. It was night time where he was and right now I was lying here on the bed after having gotten up only a few hours ago.

"I love you" I sighed and gave him a small smile, he smiled back and blew me a kiss before the screen turned black. I sighed turned onto my back.

"What the fuck do I do know?" I muttered to myself and stared up to the ceiling, everything was going great I should be happy right now, right? I sighed and got up from the bed. There's no point laying here and doing nothing, I grabbed the keys next to the bed, slipped in my TOMS and headed downstairs and out the door.

I could have taken the limo but I don't want attention drawn to me wherever I go plus I gave the driver some more time of until Vic got back.

I turned the radio on, increasing the volume so the music was loud but not too loud. I drove into town whilst singing along to the songs on the radio, I was just going to look around the shops, see if I can find something that catches my eye. I parked the car on the side of the pavement outside some shops and and grabbed my wallet.

It was a nice day, kind of chilly but I was fine. I looked around the shops, at the displays in the windows trying to make up my mind whether I should go inside or carry on walking. Eventually I came across a music shop and after looking in through the window at all the instruments lined up against or on the walls I decided to take a better look inside.

As soon as I opened the door my ears were greeted with the sound of music, good music none of those songs about sex and partying all the time. The shop was mostly empty with only two or three people and someone at the till reading a magazine.

I looked through a couple CD racks picking out a few that I liked and by a few I meant 10 or 15, this music shop is fucking awesome. next I walked over to a wall that had guitars and bass hung up on it. They looked so cool, I wanted to buy one but I can't play guitar although I do know a certain Mexican who can. I picked up a white guitar with a few red and blue lines on it and plucked the strings lightly, they rung out softly over the music.

"It was specially made by Jimi Hendrix" a voice behind me made me jump and drop some of the CDs I was holding in my hand. I turned around to face the person who had creeped up on me.

"Hey, I'm Justin, I work here" he said smiling at me, I picked up my fallen CDs and gave him a smile back.

"You scared the shit out of me dude" I laughed "I'm Kellin" I said

"So are you looking to buy one of our guitars?" he asked nodding to the guitar I had in my hand, I looked down at it and then set down.

" Nah, I can't play" I replied and shrugged my shoulders

"Well you could learn, we hold private lessons on saturdays" he smiled at me.

"I'll keep that in mind although I tried learning before and I just couldn't get the hang of it" I said "But I'd like to buy these" I said holding up the CDs in my hands. The Justin guy smiled and turned and walked towards the counter, I followed behind him.

"So are you new around here? I've never seen you here before" he said when we got to the counter

"I guess, I've have been here for a while now, I've just never really come into town a lot" I replied, he bagged my items and then handed them to me.

"Well I hope to see around more often" he winked at me, is he gay? I'm sure he isn't, I can tell if someone is gay or not and I'm pretty sure this guy isn't.

"Thanks" I said and went to walk away but a bright poster behind Justin stopped me.

It was a poster about classes to study music, every Monday and Wednesday morning or Tuesday and Thursday evenings. I had taken a music class back when I still lived with my mom and Kailey, it was fun and it always took my mind of things.

"Looking to start?" asked Justin, he handed me a smaller version of the poster and I took it, only £25 per week, not too bad.

"Thanks" I smiled and walked out of the shop, as I'm sure I said before I'm not really into music as much as Vic is but I definitely enjoy it. I stuffed the paper into my pocket and carried on walking, I didn't know what to do now so I just decided to go home.

I found the car and threw the bag of CDs inside, I was about to start the car when something stopped me. Something didn't feel right. I turned my head and looked around the car but nothing was out of place, I frowned before shrugging my shoulders and shook away the feeling I'm sure everything's fine.

When I got home I saw a car in the driveway that I didn't recognise, it wasn't Mikes unless he bought a new car but I doubt that. I opened the door and I could hear talking coming from the kitchen.

"Hello?" I shouted feeling a bit nervous,

Tony walked out of kitchen with a can of beer in his hand and I let out a tiny breath of relief.

"Hey Kellin" he smiled and walked past me towards the stairs.

"Where you going?" I asked

"Game room" he replied "wanna come?"

"No I'm okay" I said hearing laughter from the kitchen, I walked into the living room and set my bag down and then walked slowly to the kitchen.

"Hola amigo" It was Mike. He was sitting on the counter, his long legs dangling almost to the floor and I almost didn't see him but sitting next to Mike was none other than Ronnie Radke.

"Hello Kellin" he smiled at me but I didn't return it. What the fuck was he doing here in my house? My heart was beating quickly as I stared at Ronnie who just smirked at me.

"Dude, I ran into your friend in town, he said you guys went to school together" explained Mike but I didn't care about that, Ronnie hates me and I hate him and the last thing I want to see right now is him in my house and drinking my fucking beer.

"Can?" asked Ronnie holding out a can of beer towards me, I looked down at it and then back to his stupid face.

"Get. The fuck. Out of my house" I glared at Ronnie and from the corner of my eye I saw Mike looked shocked.

"What?" said Ronnie acting innocent but I could see the smile he was trying to hide behind that fucking ugly mouth of his.

"Kellin-" said Mike but I interrupted him not interested in what he had to say at the moment.

"What are you doing here?" I asked my voice raised just a tiny bit

"Well, I ran into Mike and Tony and we talked and now I'm here" he said sounding more confident than I did right now. How dare he? How dare he come into my house and act like were friends when only two weeks ago he was just seconds to beating me up in an open public space.

"Get out. Get out now!" I shouted at him, I can't stand the look of him. I hate him so much and he knows that but, damn, I have good reason to. Ronnie got down from the counter and took a few steps towards me, I almost stepped back but then remembered that this was my house and I don't need to take any of his crap here.

"Calm down Kells" he smiled and I felt my blood start to boil. He called me Kells, he was there when Vic called me that and I know he's a fan of Pierce the Veil so he would know that Vic was on tour and that I would be missing him.

"I just wanted to see you and say hello" he reached out a hand to place on my shoulder but I pushed him away

"Don't fucking touch me! And don't call me that"

"Kellin, dude, it's okay, okay? He only wanted to see you" Said Mike, jumping of the counter.

"I don't want him here" I said pointing at Ronnie "I hate him and I'm pretty sure, last time I checked, that you hate me too. So get out now!"

The room was silent until Mike turned to Ronnie and told him to go. He shrugged his shoulders and walked past me, his eyes never leaving mine and a smirk on his face. I don't know why I was so angry but I think it was mostly to do with me missing Vic and then Ronnie calling me Kells, just like Vic does.

"Are you alright Kellin?" asked Mike when Ronnie was finally gone. I took a few breaths and nodded my head, my eyes were filling with tears and I don't know why.

"Woah, it's okay dude. I won't bring him back here if it bothers you that much" said Mike awkwardly patting my back.

"No it's not that, although I don't want you to bring him back, it's just... I miss him a lot" I said wiping my face clean of the salty tears. I don't want to cry, I hate crying plus I don't want Mike seeing me cry.

"Oh, he's coming back soon. It's not like he's gonna be gone forever, you can always call him whenever" said Mike in a soft tone that made me feel pathetic for crying.

"I know, I'm just being stupid, I think I'm gonna go and take a nap real quick" I said giving him a small smile and walking away.

"Well, me and Tony are gonna be here for about three hours so if you need us just shout" called Mike after me.

I climbed the stairs quickly and shut the door to my bedroom behind me. Vic would he back soon, he's not gone forever, he's not him.