Sequel: For Diamonds And Gold

Million Dollar Houses

chapter 8

"Come here, let me fix that" I said moving Vic's hands out of the way and fixing his tie for him.

We were getting ready to go and have dinner with his parents and my mom and sister. It was almost 7:30 and if we didn't leave soon then we were going to be late.

"Thanks babe" He said kissing my forehead.

We made our way outside and into the car, I think I prefer Vic driving instead of having a limo driver. I was nervous for this dinner, it would be the first time I'd have to make proper conversation with Vic's parents that wasn't about getting married.

It was Vic mothers idea to have this little get together to see how we were getting on and if me and Vic are suited for each other.

"Relax Kells, it's going to be fine" said Vic glancing at me and then returning his eyes to the road.

"I know, I'm just nervous" I said "hey at least you get to meet my sister!" I said excitedly, forgetting about the worry I felt only moments ago.

"You'll love her, she is just the best person I know" I said smiling and thinking of my older sister.

"You guys are really close, huh?"

"Yeah, I love her so much, she's done so many things for me and mom and I can never thank her enough for it"

"It's good that you have that relationship with your sister" said Vic and I smiled and looked out the window as we fell into a comfortable silence.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Kailey!" I ran up to my sister and engulfed her in a hug.

"Kell, I haven't seen you in ages" She said into my neck.

I had missed her so much and I couldn't wait to talk to her so we could catch up on the things we've missed.

"Mom, how are you?" I asked hugging her too.

"Getting there sweetheart" she replied a smile on her face.

She looked better and for that I was happy. It would have ruined my night if she came and she wasn't feeling so good. After Vic had greeted his parents they came over to greet me while Vic introduced himself to my mother and sister.

"Lovely to see you again Kellin" smiled Vic's mom hugging me in a warm tight hug.

"Hello again Kellin" said Vic's dad shaking my hand.

"Hello Mr and Mrs Fuentes" I said politely, I wasn't sure what to call them and I don't think I'd feel comfortable calling them mom or dad.

"Oh honey call me Barbra" she smiled

We moved into the living room which was just as big as Vic's except the theme of the room was red. The rug was red, the cushions were red, the curtains and decor. It was nice but I wouldn't personally choose it myself.

"Now were just waiting for Micheal" said Vic's-I mean Barbara "Would you like anything to drink?" she turned to me and Vic with a raised eyebrow and I spotted the resemblance to Vic.

"No thank you" I said smiling and sat down next my sister on the clean white sofa.

"Hey!" She said once everyone had started their own conversations with each other. "Hows things over at the palace?" she joked

"Really good" I replied "What do you think of Vic?" I asked nervously biting my lip, I don't think I'd able to cope if she didn't like him but luckily that wasn't an issue.

"Oh my god!" she whispered "He is so hot! Why didn't you tell me he was, like, a model or something?"

"He's not a model" I laughed "but he is hot isn't he?" I said looking over to Vic who was talking to my mum. He looked especially hot in his white shirt and little bow tie, his hair looked good too, I liked it better when it was curly rather than straight not that I don't like it straight.

"Oh my god! You've slept together haven't you?" Said my sister pointing to me and Vic. I hit her hand for her to stop and held them in mine when she didn't.

I looked over to Vic and saw him coming over.

"Hey, you two okay?" he asked sitting down next to me and placing a hand on my back.

"Yeah, were just having a little catch up" I smiled at my sister who was staring wide eyed at Vic.

"A catch up? You two talk on the phone everyday" he laughed

"So how have things been with you two?" Asked Kailey, I looked at her and gave her a warning look. I know what she's gonna do, she's gonna try and find out wether me and Vic have slept together yet.

"Pretty good, he doesn't hate me yet" Vic said and smiled at him.

"I can never hate you" I replied automatically, I didn't really realise I'd said it until the words were out of my mouth. Vic's smile grew and I caught his eyes glance down at my lips quickly but I could tell he was hesitating to kiss me, so I made it easier for him and leaned forward to press my lips to his.

It was only a short kiss but it was still sweet and it made my insides go all mushy

"Dude gross! Nobody wants to see you two get it on"

We turned our heads and saw Mike walk in through the door wearing a black shirt and skinny jeans.

"Micheal, hola mi hijo" said Barbara as she hugged mike and kissed his cheek, he greeted his dad with a hug and then moved on to my mother. After he had greeted the parents he came over to me Vic and Kailey.

"Hey bro, Kellin how's it going man?" He asked he looked to me sister and I saw his smile drop and his face go blank, I frowned and looked at Kailey who was looking back at mike with the same experssion.

"Dinner is ready guys so if we could just move into the dining hall" said Barbra.

We stood up from our seats and Vic placed his hand on my back and lead me to the dining hall. The plates were already set and food was flooding the table, from spaghetti to enchiladas and tacos to chicken. I stared at all the food, a little bit star struck really, there was so much of it and only seven of us. We sat down in our seats, Vic's mom and dad at each end of the table, Vic next to his mother and me next Vic.

"Before we eat may we please say grace?" asked Barbra she nodded her head at Vic and he smiled as all bowed our heads. I'm not really the religious type, just like everyone I believe in a god but I also believe in getting on with your life, I don't like to dwell too much in the religious section.

"bendiga nuestra comida y todo el mundo en esta mesa" said Vic and I felt my belly do that flip flip thing. He sounded so hot when he said that, even though I have no idea what said.

"Thank you victor" smiled Barbra and at that everybody seemed to dig in.

I didn't know what to eat first, I kind of just glanced around at everybody else piling their plates with different kinds of food, I wasn't a big eater so when it came to things like this I hardly know where to start.

"Here" said Vic placing a taco on my plate "trust me, you'll love them" he said winking at me. I smiled and took a bite of my taco, it was absolutely gorgeous and I don't think I've ever tasted a taco as good as this. I took another bite and smiled at Kailey who was sitting opposite me, she gave me a smile back but I knew she was faking it. Whats wrong with her? Does she not like the food? everybody else was talking and laughing but Kailey was keeping quiet which was weird because she is usually a loud person.

"What do you think Kells?" asked Vic snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Hmm?"

"A spring wedding? In the gardens" said Vic,

"That sounds amazing, yeah" I replied smiling.

I looked back to Kailey and I saw her glance quickly at mike who was siting beside her. maybe she had a crush on him? I thought as I ate the rest of my taco, quickly filling my plate with more when I'd finished.

The evening went by pretty fast, everybody laughed and had good time but soon enough it was time to go home. We all stood outside, it was dark and there was a warm breeze every now and then but it was nice. I waited by the car for Vic to finish talking to his mom and dad, my mom had already gone home early because she had a doctors appointment in the morning.

"Hey" said Kailey walking towards me, she hadn't wanted to leave early with mom so we decided that she would stay over at mine and Vic's house with Mike. I smiled as she leaned against the black car next to me, we stood in a comfortable silence for a while. I looked at Kailey and she was looking at Mike, she had been doing that almost all night. every time I looked over at her, her eyes would be on Mike.

"Kailey? can I ask you something?" I asked turning my whole body to look at her, she smiled and nodded her head.

"Do you have a crush on Mike or something? you've been staring at him all night"

"No. Why? Why would you think that? Just because I'm looking at someone doesn't mean I have a crush on them, I mean I'm looking at you right now but that doesn't mean I have thing for you" she spoke quite quickly and I knew she was lying because she always got really defensive when she lied.

"Geez Kellin, you need to stop and back off okay? I do not have a crush on Mike" She finally stopped her ranting and looked over at Mike again although I think might have done that subconsciously. I kept my eyes on her because I knew she would break and tell me truth just like she always did but this time I was surprised when she didn't.

"Stop looking at me Kellin! I'm not telling you anything, not that there's anything to tell anyway" she said looking back at me. I raised an eyebrow and she looked down at the floor and then back up at me, I could tell that whatever she had to say she wanted to say it badly.

"Okay fine! Promise you won't tell any-"

"Ready to go you guys?" Vic and Mike were walking towards us and they couldn't have picked a worser time.

"Yep, all set" said Kailey as she got into the back of the car with Mike, and I sat at the front with Vic in the drivers seat. I turned the radio on and put it on a low volume as Vic started the car and drove away from his parents house.

"So, everybody have a good time?" Asked Vic smiling at the road, I nodded my head and turned around to look at Kailey and Mike. They sat away from each other and I noticed how their eyes would wander off to look at the other.

"Yeah dude, it was a good night" replied Mike smiling at me which was kind of weird because he was always so hyper and he'd usually rant on about things but this time he didn't.

The car ride was mostly silent apart from the radio playing quietly in the background. I was beyond tired when we finally got home and I even considered sleeping in the car until Vic threatened to shove dirt down my throat if I didn't get out.

"I can't believe you'd rather sleep in the car than in a warm comfy bed with me" Vic poked my side and I slapped his hand away when he went to do it again.

"Any of you guys wanna sleep yet?" Vic asked looking to Mike and Kailey.

"Nahh, I think I'll just watch Harry potter in my room until I fall asleep" said Mike walking into the living room and picking up two Harry Potter movies and then coming back to us.

"Night bro" said Vic high fiveing Mike.

"Night Kellin ...Kailey" he said nodding to the both of us and then hopping two at a time up the stairs.

"I'll show you where your sleeping Kailey" I said grabbing her hand "I'll meet you in the bedroom in a few minutes" I said to Vic and pecked his cheek before leading Kailey upstairs.

I walked down the hall with Kailey following behind me, as we walked past Mikes room I could hear the sounds of the TV coming through the closed door. I think Kailey heard it too because I saw her from the corner of my eye turn around and look at Mikes door.

I stopped at a door that was two down from the room Mike was in and opened it.

"Wow!" gasped Kailey walking in after me and looking around "this a guest room?" she asked

"Yeah, it's pretty big isn't it?" I open a wardrobe and take out a pair of girl pyjamas and throw them on the bed.

"So where do you sleep?" asks Kailey as she begins to undress. I drop down on to the bed and look up at the ceiling so I won't have to watch her and sighed.

"I sleep with Vic in his room"

"Ohh and what naughty activities do you get up to in there?"

"Nothing" I replied and felt my cheeks grow hot, Kailey jumped onto the bed now dressed in pink pyjamas with little hearts in them and pushed me.

"Liar!" she laughed and tickled me a little, I sat up and smiled at her.

"Well, we haven't had sex yet but we've done other stuff" I said shyly looking down at my hands with what I hoped wasn't a goofy smile on my face.

"I knew it! Did you do everything I taught you?" She asked

Most people would probably find it weird and awkward to talk to your sister about things like sex and different types of techniques you'd use in bed but not me and Kailey. We're open to each other about everything and that's partly why we are so close.

"A few, I got drunk one time and he said I tried to kill him with my mouth" I said laughing at the memory

"You slut!" Kailey teased and nudged my shoulder.

"So how's things at home with mom?" I asked

"Good, she's getting better, with the new medication she's taking I'd say she be all good by the end of next month. I should thank Vic for lending us that money.

"Yeah, Good whatever what's the deal you and Mike?" I asked not forgetting about our conversation earlier this evening.

Just when she about to say something there was a knock on the door and it opened to reveal Mike in his boxers and a white tank top.

"Err, Vic's wondering what's taking you so long" he said looking at me.

"Get your ass over here Kellin!" Vic shouted from his bedroom and I laughed and stood up from my spot on the bed.

"Goodnight Kailey, see you in the morning Mike" I said and smiled at him before leaving the room and running down the hall towards Vic's bedroom.

"Vic?"

I opened the door and the lights were off and the room was quiet. I shut the door behind me and felt the wall for the light switch but as soon as I turned the lights on Vic pops out from nowhere wearing a scary ass clown mask. Now one thing I probably should have told him was that I was absolutely afraid of clowns, like I was batshit scared of them.

I screamed and backed away quickly into the door, hitting my back hard on the wood and sliding down to the floor. Tears quickly formed in my eyes but I could still see the scary clown hovering over me clearly, I hugged my knees and closed my eyes so I wouldn't have to see it.

"Fuck off! Leave me alone!" I shouted

"Kellin?" I heard Vic's voice but ignored it and buried my head in my knees and let out a small sob. It's stupid to be scared of clowns when your my age but I have tried to get over it in the past and it just never goes well.

"Woah, Kells!" Vic knelt down next to me and placed a hand on my back causing me to tense up.

"It's me babe, it's me, it's Vic"

I looked up at him with scared eyes and noticed the clown mask lying on the floor a few feet away.

"Don't cry, it was a joke I'm sorry, please don't cry" Vic pulled me into a hug and I held onto him tightly. He pulled me up to my feet and lead me to the bed.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?" I pushed him away from me and wiped my cheeks clean of tears.

"I'm sorry, how was I supposed to know that you'd react that way? You never told me you were scared of clowns"

"Yeah, well I am! So fuck you, you dick" I was being a bit mean to him but you would be too if someone tried to scare you using the one thing you were scared of most.

"I'm sorry" Vic sighed, "please? I won't try to scare you again I promise" he moved closer to me and pulled me to him.

"Why are you scared of clowns anyway?"

An image of me locked in a room with scary clowns as a child came into my mind but I quickly shook it away before I started remembering the whole memory.

"That's not important right now, you scared the shit out of me you asshole" I wiped away the remainder of tears on my face

"I'm sorry babe, please don't be angry at me" he said giving me a cute little look that I just couldn't resist. I sighed and kissed his cheek before getting up and walking towards the door, I stopped to look at Vic and then the terrifying mask on the floor.

"I want that gone by the time I get back" I said pointing at the mask and then leaving for the bathroom so I could get ready for bed.