Lil Red Riding Hood

Gonna keep my sheep suit on

“First of all, I can’t believe you had the balls to show up here!” I yell at my now ex-best friend and ex-boyfriend. “And second, I can’t believe you wore heels to a party in the woods!” I point at the heeled boots Kristen decided to wear.

“You said I should wear boots.” She points out, trying to make an argument out of this.

“You’re so fucking stupid.” I growl before walking away, just as more of our friends show up.

From all different points in the woods, I can see flashlights coming from behind trees. At least the majority of the senior class is here. Then again, for some reason, people look forward to my Halloween parties each year.

Coolers filled with ice and beer are sitting on the remains of the Hale House, along with a small DJ table with a friend of the family standing behind it, playing random music ranging from Top 40 to death metal; not my fault most of the music on my computer is random.

Just as I head towards one of the many coolers, I hear someone yelling my name. I turn around just in time to see Isaac jogging up to me; alone.

“Wow, that’s a lot of black and leather.” He notes with a smile, “I didn’t think you owned this much black and leather.”

“I’m full of surprises Isaac.” I smile. “Want a drink? I was just about to go over and get one?”

“I’ll pass on the beer, thank you.” He smiles but follows me to the cooler anyway.

I open one of them and pull out two Pepsi cans, “well it’s a good thing I have soda too.” A chuckle escapes my lips as I had him a can. “I’m not a big drinker either. I only drink at other people’s parties and when I’m depressed.”

“So you’re not sad about your break up?” He asks me as he opens his can of soda.

“Not in the slightest.” A smile appears on my lips as my eyes fall upon Greg as he sucks face with the girl that stabbed me in the back. “I thought about what you said the other day and you’re right.”

“Right about what?”

“I don’t need them.” I reply, looking up at him. “I don’t need any of them. I’m a better person than they are. I see what now and that’s thanks to you.”

“Glad I could help.” He smiles, just as Stiles and Scott walk up to us. I look up at Isaac with a smile on my lips. He’s definitely something special.

**

Isaac

“You like her don’t you?” Scott asks as Dinah explains the rules of the game as well as handing out bandanas to everyone.

“She’s cool ok?” I reply, “I don’t get why she hung out with those assholes.”

“You see the good in her,” Stiles states, “really she’s an asshole just like them. She may act sweet but she can be as vicious as the rest of them.”

“So you’re saying she’s a wolf in sheep's clothing?” I ask, crossing my arms across my chest.

“What he’s saying is, she’s something.” Scott says. “Just be careful.”

“She’s not capable of doing anything evil.” I point out.

“But she was attacked by a werewolf and she healed but neither of us can sense a wolf.” Scott counters, “she’s something and she’s hiding behind all of this.”

I watch Dinah as she walks up to us, holding a handful of black bandanas, “it looks like you three are going to be on my team.” She smiles handing each of us two bandanas while she keeps three for herself. “Ready for a little game of Manhunt?”
♠ ♠ ♠
Dinah

comment&subscribe?