Radiate

The beginning

She was so beautiful. That was always the first thing I thought when I saw her, that she was the most beautiful person I had ever witnessed.

The second thing I thought was that there was a connection between us, I could feel it deep down in my bones. Almost as if there was an invisible rope binding us together. She was a part of me and I was a part of her. As I gazed into her soothing golden eyes she slowly raised her hand and beckoned to me. My eyes didn't leave her face as I felt my feet moving closer to her, I had no control over them but I wasn't scared. I felt calm.

When I was only a few steps away from her she waved her hand in a dismissive gesture and my feet came to a stand still. I was frozen as I stared into her eyes, unable to move any part of my body as if she had control over my limbs.

I heard her words in my head, her voice soothing and tranquil.
"Don't be scared my dear, for this is your fate."
Her blood red lips curled into a smile and I tried my hardest to memorise her face, as I knew, when I awoke I would not remember it. I never did.

I opened my mouth to scream as an intense pain started in my chest, worse than any pain I had ever experienced, but nothing came out. I gasped for breath, clutching at my chest as I fell to the floor. The last thing I heard was her laugh, haunting and evil. That was when I woke up.