Status: On Semi-Hiatus

Pet

Four

After the call all I could think about was that Luke would find out. That he knew I called 9-1-1 and now I’ll be punished. I kept my fingers crossed, hoping that the police would find me before he returned. But with my luck I doubted I’d be so lucky.

I sat on the bed and shook with fear and cold. My skin was covered in goose bumps but I refused to wrap the blankets around me. They were covered in his filth and I didn’t want it on my skin. I felt a tear slide down my cheek and it was as if that opened the floodgates.

I couldn’t stop crying. I was sobbing really. I kept whispering for someone to come. For someone to find me. Anyone would have done. I don’t know how long I was crying, long enough to go hoarse, I know that. But suddenly the door was being kicked down and a group of men were standing in the doorway, staring at me. I scooted as far away as I could and cringed as I pulled the blankets over me.

One stepped forward and smiled at me with an open hand, “Marie?”

“Y-Yes.”

“We’re police officers, we’re here to help you.”

“Prove it,” he pulled his badge from his pocket and handed it to me.

“You ready to get out of here?”

I simply lifted my leg and showed them the chain. They blanched at the dark bruise that was my ankle. I quickly pulled it back and tucked it under the blanket, embarrassed by what Luke had done.
The first man sat on the bed with me and ordered someone to get bolt cutters or anything to get me out. I smiled at him with hope in my eyes and he tucked my hair behind my ear.

“I’m Adam.”

“Hi.”

And just like that I had hope again. I didn’t even care about how much it hurt while they were taking off the chains. I didn’t care that Adam had to carry me because I was too weak. I didn’t care that I was naked with only a disgusting blanket as cover.

All I cared about was going home.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, I'm going to mark this as finished simply because I don't have enough time for it. I mean my updates are months apart. However, I had plans for a few more chapters. If anyone wants them I'll work on them here and there, but no promises on when they'll be posted.