Status: On Semi-Hiatus

Pet

Three

He left. I don’t know where he went but hes been gone for days and I’ve been chained to the bed. I’m so thirsty. My throat is scratchy and my mouth is dry. My stomach is roaring with hunger. And I miss him. When he was here he’d take care of me and he’d let me out. He needs to come home.

Across the room there’s a phone. I could call for help. I could call him, I know his cell phone number. Or I could call the cops. They could come take me away. But he’d probably come in right when I got a hold of someone. And I couldn’t think of the punishment he’d dish out.

I don’t even know if I could reach the phone.

I could try...

With shaking hands and wobbly knees I crawled to the end of the bed. The chain was dragging behind me and making the trek difficult but I kept on. I took a deep breath before setting my feet on the ground and forcing myself to stand tall. With great effort I put one foot in front of the other until the chain tugged and I couldn’t go any further.

If I put my arm out I could reach the phone and I did just that. I picked up the receiver and started to dial 9-1-1. But stopped after the first one. I was terrified. He’d be so mad if he caught me. I cleared out the phone and dialed his number.

Ring.

Ring.

Ring.

“Hello this is Luke. I can’t come to the phone right now but leave a message and I’ll get back to you as soon as I can.” Beep.

“Um hey...When are you coming home? Call me back? Please?”

Then I hung up and set the receiver down. I left my hand on it and fought with myself. I could call the cops. I mean. The phone only rang three times before I went to voice-mail. He probably sent me there. I picked up the receiver again and took a breath.

Beep. “Nine.”

Beep. “One.”

Beep. “One.”

“Nine One One. What is your emergency,” a woman came on the line and I rushed to speak.

“My name is Marie. I’ve been captured. I don’t know where I am. I’ve been here for weeks. I can’t talk long.”

“Marie. Can you tell me anything about where you are?”

“The house is blue and the front door is white. There are lace curtains in all the windows. He drives a red truck, but he isn’t here right now. I have to go.”

“Marie, Don’t hang...” I turned the phone off before she could finish her sentence and cleared out the memory.

“Please find me.”
♠ ♠ ♠
It's been forever since I updated but I've been busy with school. I hope you like it. I don't know how much longer this will be. But we'll see.