Status: This is set in the 'YOU' look, as if you're describing yourself. Orea (you) is a girl. I do hope you like this story and will enjoy it!

His Maid, Her Butler

His Maid, A Special Gift

Sebastian and you spent the rest of his sick day together. You told him of things that had happened within the past four years, and he did as well, though he knew you already knew most of it. He told you over and over again that he was sorry, but you made him stop. You knew he felt terrible about forgetting, it didn’t get you down; he was back and that was all you cared about. As things wrapped up, you told him about Undertaker.

“Sebastian,” you said, holding his hand in yours as the two of you walked through the words.

“Yes,” he replied.

“I saw Undertaker the other day when I went out,” you confessed. “He wasn’t mad anymore it seemed, but you could tell he was still hurt a little. He made a pass at me as well; that does not help any, but at least he is doing well and working at something he knows.”

Sebastian glanced at you from the corner of his eye. “Then you are back to being friends?”

You chuckled. “I do not know; he has asked to take some of my work for me so I won’t be so tired all of the time though.”

“That is swell to hear.” He wrapped his arm around your shoulder and squeezed you lightly against him.

You laughed and the two of you continued walking. After a while, you stopped in a little grove. “I have another question for you,” you said, turning to face Sebastian.

“What is it, love?” he asked.

It took you a moment to find your words. “What are we to do now? I know we are still to serve Ciel, but beyond that. What would…you, like to do?” You gazed at him questioningly.

He did not reply for a while. He pulled you into his arms and held you close. Whispering in your ear, he suggested, “What about a stepping stone in a human’s life; the pitter and patter of tiny feet across the floor. Is that ideal?”

You jumped at his idea. You wouldn’t have thought him to be one to suggest that; it made you extremely happy though. Without warning, you flung your arms around him and hugged him tightly. “That would be wonderful,” you whispered back.

Running a hand up your back, he cupped the back of your neck and pulled you into a kiss. It would be a surprise to Ciel; hopefully he would not be upset. Elizabeth you could see being overjoyed at the thought of children running around. Then you thought of the Reaper headquarters and what they might say if they knew; you didn’t care though, it was none of their business. Then you thought of Undertaker. He would try and put up a front for you, but it would kill him even more. You couldn’t make everyone happy, but you could at least make Sebastian happy. Another thought came to you as the two of you walked towards town; your brother. Would you confront him and tell him everything, or leave it as it was. You decided on the later; it would be easier that way for everyone.

The two of you were at the edge of town when a disturbance occurred. A man was on the wayside digging through a wagon of things, the owners standing near, frightened, for the man held a knife. A feeling came to you; this man was going to die, and soon. Sebastian and you watched as he continued to dig through, looking for anything of value. Finding nothing, he threatened the owners.

“There ‘as gots to be sometin’ worth while wich ya,” he yelled at them, waving the knife around.

“No-nothing at all,” quivered the man who owned the wagon.

Looking between the man and his wife, the robber grabbed hold of the wife and held the knife to her throat. “Money, you do ‘ave money doncha?”

The husband, a panicked and frightened expression on his face, frantically dug in his pocket. Procuring a small bag, he tossed it at the other man. Releasing his hold on the lady, the man caught the bag and ran off. He didn’t get far before another wagon came out of nowhere, flying down the road, and hit the man straight on. Both sets of people who had the wagons cried out. They all rushed for the man; he lay bleeding from his head and mouth on the road behind one of the wagon wheels. The people who had been robbed collected their money and conversed with the other wagon owner. From behind, a figure moved towards the dead man. It was a man with long red hair, and he carried a large book in his hand. He was a Reaper. He came to the man’s side and poked him with his foot; you could hear a disgusted scoff come from his mouth. Circling the man, a chainsaw appeared in his hands. Striking the man, he read through his Records. You gasped as you realized who he was; it was your brother. Pulling at Sebastian’s sleeve, you tried to escape but it was too late. Finishing with his job, he put his items away and started for the woods; he stopped.

“My hunk-o-meter is going off.” He glanced around. He squealed in delight. “There must be a handsome man around!”

Searching frantically, he came in your direction. Tugging harder at Sebastian’s sleeve, you walked faster in the direction you had just come. It was useless. A shadow appeared above the two of you and you dodged; the red haired man fell flat on his face.

Jumping to his feet, he stared towards the two of you, his eyes only on Sebastian. “I knew it just had to be you, Bassy! You are looking as handsome as ever I see,” he giggled.

Sighing in annoyance Sebastian replied, “Hello, Grell.”

You clung to Sebastian tightly. This was your first encounter with your brother; you had always wanted to meet him, but something wasn’t right… he had went after Sebastian. Noticing you, Grell spoke at you. “And who is this scrawny thing next to you? I didn’t know you had a woman.” He scoffed as if he disapproved.

That made you snap. Facing him, business like, you got in his face, glasses already on your face. “If you would like to know, you fancied up prissy, I am your boss,” you said firmly. “I am also your sister,” you added.

Grell stared at you in shock. Snapping out of it, he waved you off. “That is preposterous. I don’t have a sister. And the boss is a man isn’t he?”

You laughed. “How wrong you are, brother. Father and mother passed years ago, and I took father’s place.”

“You are a Reaper then?” Grell asked.

“Is it not obvious?” You stared at him.

He looked at you fully and noticed your eyes. His mouth fell open. “It is unmistakable; those green eyes give it away”

“Exactly.” Sebastian watched all of this without a word. He did not want to become a part of this conversation.

“I still do not believe you as you’ve said you are my sister,” said Grell, pulling out a nail file.

You dug into your pocket and found a picture that you kept on you at all times. Handing it to him, his eyes got wide. “That is Father, Mother, and myself. I no longer have the one of you and Father, though.”

He said nothing. He studied the picture over and over. “How is this possible? He left me when I was sixteen. I had just entered the trial run of becoming a full fledged reaper. Why did he never tell me?”

“They didn’t want you to know. Father wanted a woman to succeed him, not another man. He left with you after you were a year old and raised you in the Soul Reaping department. He would find time though to come and visit and I loved those times. He was always telling us of what troubles you had gotten into and I would joke that I would put you in your place. Now meeting you, I really do want to put you in your place even more.” You glared at him. “And as your boss I have the right to do that.”

He gave you a pouty face. “You would do that to your own brother?”

“Now you believe me?” You laughed. “I forgot to mention, we are twins.”

That caught him off guard again. “Twins!” He grabbed his head. “My brain has too much information running through it.”

“I would not doubt it, as seeing your score record over the past few hundred years,” you said.

Sebastian chuckled at this. Grell glared at both of you, mainly at you. “Why are you with Bassy then? Demons and Reapers don’t get long.” He fell into a daze. “Though I know Bassy and I could get along very finely.”

That made you sick. Clutching Sebastian’s hand in yours, you leaned in on him; a protective arm wrapped around his chest. “I am his mate.”

Grell stopped his little dance and froze. Finding his voice, Grell screamed. “Mate! Are you joking?” He ran at Sebastian and grabbed hold of his other arm. “Bassy, tell me it isn’t true! You’re mine and mine alone!”

A frown appearing on Sebastian’s face, he brushed Grell off. “She is, Grell. And there was nothing ever between us.”

Tears sprang to his eyes. “That’s not fair! You were supposed to be mine! Why have you betrayed me?” Grell stamped his feet in a temper tantrum and then swooned dramatically.

Sebastian and you both stared at him like he were stupid, for he was; you wondered secretly if there was a village out there that was missing their idiot. Grell continued with his fit for a long while. Deciding to continue for where you had started out for, Sebastian and you headed towards town. Grell noticed a moment later and ran after you.

“Get back here you man stealer!” he cried, his face a mess.

Reaching into your pocket, you pulled out your Death Scythe and it grew to its full length. It wrapped around Grell’s neck and he stopped, not wanting to run into the blade. “I would advise you not to follow. I will deal with you later.” You retracted the scythe slowly. “Return to headquarters; that is an order.”

Sticking his bottom lip out in a pout, he turned on his heals, bent over moping. “Meanie.” You poked him in the back and he ran as fast as he could away from you. “Alright, alright, I’m going!”

Sebastian laughed as he watched him run off. “That was well handled to me; he has seen his match.”

You laughed and returned your scythe to your pocket. “I always thought the day I met my brother would be peaceful and he would accept me with open arms. Finding this out here, he is nothing as I ever imagined him.” You leaned on Sebastian, making him take some of your weight.

Sebastian wrapped an arm around you. “You can put him straight; and if not, we can try and find one of the mental institutions and admit him there.”

That made you laugh harder. “That would be a sight.”

Linked arm in arm, the two of you walked into town blissfully. There were carts overflowing the streets, filled with all sorts of things. Many had flowers, others had fruit or vegetables, and there were others that were selling jewelry and clothes. Sebastian pulled you over to one of these and examined the rings. You had no idea what he was up to until he turned to you.
“Which one do you like?” he asked, a slight blush crossing his face.

“Whatever for?” you asked him, your breath caught in your throat.

Lifting your hand, he rubbed the area where your wedding band should have been. “I want to give you something beautiful, and I think a proper wedding ring is now required.”

“I have the one you gave me at our bonding back at the manor,” you said. “I like it perfectly well.” You were at a loss of words.

Chuckling, he looked back over the rings and pointed at one. “Sir, I would like that one there please.”

“A good eye, sir,” complimented the sale’s man. “It is a red sapphire, very rare. Those stones around it are grey diamonds.”

“That will do perfectly.” Handing the man the money required, Sebastian took hold of your hand and slipped the ring onto your finger.

It glittered in the sunlight, as if it were on fire. It truly was beautiful. You hugged Sebastian happily. “You didn’t have to do that, but thank-you, I love it.”

He laughed shakily. “I wanted a beautiful woman to have something equally beautiful.”

It pleased you to know he wanted to do these things for you. You spent the rest of the day out, completely full of bliss at your new possessions.