Status: Done :)

Lips Like Morphine

Chapter twenty five

Part twenty five:

It surprised me how sweet those guys could be. I mean, they’re good guys, I knew that by now. But they all offered to come with to the attorney. I just had to ask and they would do it. It made me feel good. I declined the offer though. I just made them promise to never bring a reptile near me again. They reluctantly agreed. And now, I was on my way to the attorneys office.

"Thank you for coming so quickly miss Duquette. " The elder man said with a comforting smile. "Call me Helena, please. And it’s no problem. I’d rather have this done and over with. " He nodded understandingly. "Well, take a seat and I’ll tell you the contents of your aunts will. I nodded and sat down. James cleared his throat and started reading.

My sweet little Hell on feet.
When you get to hear this, it’s obvious I’m not with you anymore. I just hope it hasn’t been to painful. For you nor me. It’s been a blessing to have been your aunt. I only hope I made a difference, and helped ease the pain that was caused by the loss of your parents. I’m asking you not to shed to much tears about my death. Remember our conversations about fate? You are going to live long and be happy my Hell. Remember I’ll never be far. Don’t lose faith. Now, for my belongings. Besides you, I haven’t had contact with any of the family. I guess that’s what you get when you never find true love. Not many to say goodbye too. You are the one who I want to leave my belongings too. You are the one I can trust. So hereby, my house in West-Chester and my house in Portugal are yours. As well is my remaining “fortune” Approximately $ 40.000. I wish you the best of luck in life my little girl. I’ll be by your side,

Love, Sarah.


He finished and looked up at me. My face was wet from tears. I never realised how much I loved her. I can’t believe she’ll leave me with all that. James offered me a tissue, I gladly took it. I found myself shaking. I looked helplessly at James. He smiled. "That’s common Helena. Just try to calm down a little. Try to contain your breathing, slowly in and out. I did as he said, it only helped a little. "I know this is probably the last thing you want to hear right now, but it has to be said. Your aunt, she already took care of the funeral details. There aren’t much things for you to do anymore. The last final things just need your permission and it will all be settled. It can be held in two days. " I nodded and stood up. "I’d rather be alone right now. I’ll be in contact. Thank you for everything mister Mc Evan. " He nodded and shook my hand. I walked out and sat in my car. My hands were still shaking. I decided to call Bam, I wasn’t even going to try and drive like this. "Hello? " His voice sounded weird. "Hey Bam.. " I said softly. There was a lot of rustling on the other side, he sounded a bit more normal now. "What was that? " I asked with a raised eyebrow. "Meh, just the guys.. we were trying something. What is it? Everything okay? " A muffled sob escaped my lips. "Could you just come get me..? I don’t think I can drive right now. It was.. quite the shock. " I closed my eyes. "Yeah, sure.. you still at that guys office? " "Yeah, in the parking lot.. maybe you should bring the guys.. that way someone can drive my car back and yours won’t stay here. " "I’ll be right there. " He answered. I closed my phone and waited. I climbed in the back seat and laid down. I can’t believe this. A lot of people would kill for the amount of money that I have.. And I own three houses. All done and paid for.. But this isn’t the way I wanted to obtain those things. I didn’t even know she owned a house in Portugal..

I opened my eyes to a knock on the window. I looked into the faces of all the guys. The dudesons had left again. They had some show to shoot. I opened the door for them and they helped me out. We stood against the car. "Spill.. are you okay? " Dunn asked me. I nodded. I felt I was still shaking a little. "It’s weird.. A lot of people would kill for what I have right now.. but I would kill to have the people back who got me it all" I said softly. They all looked confused. "My aunt, she just left me her house in West-Chester, her house in Portugal.. and about 40.000 dollar.. " I clarified for them. Their eyes went wide. "My god Hell.. " Dico said softly. "She told me not to be sad.. that’s what she wrote in the will. And weirdly enough.. I can’t be sad. It’s just.. she doesn’t want me to be sad, so I’m not. But it seems so wrong. Aren’t you supposed to be sad in this kind of situations? " I asked them. I knew they probably wouldn’t know what to answer but I just needed to get it out of my system. "You do what you think your loved ones would want you to do. Whatever it is. " Bam said putting his hand on my shoulder. "I’ll drive your car okay? " Bam said. I nodded and got in the passengers side. "Want me to drive you home? Or to my place.. " He asked once we sat inside. "Just take my to my house.. I need to take care of some funeral things tomorrow. It’s probably better if I stay close to James’ office. He nodded and told the guys to go to my house.

"We can stay with you.. It’s better to have friends in a time like this. " The guys said when we had arrived at my house. I shook my head. "No it’s fine. My aunt didn’t want a public funeral. And like I said.. I’m not that sad anymore.. she wants me to move on, so I will. The funeral will be the day after tomorrow, they just need my autograph for some things. Ill be busy with that most of the day tomorrow and after that I’ll just burry her with a priest. I’ll come by later. I don’t want to make this a big deal. I’ll be fine, really. " I said with a smile. I felt a lot better. Bam and I talked for a while riding back to my house. "Fine, but you better call us the minute you feel even slightly sad! " Dico said, giving me a strong hug. I laughed. "I will believe me. Thanks for helping me get home guys.. it was quite the shocker.. I’ll be over in a few days. I have to sort my aunts stuff in her house. After that, I’m flying to Portugal to take a look at that house. The guys nodded and left. I walked inside and let myself fall on the bed. I’m going to sleep all these odd feelings away. I awoke the next morning. Got ready and left to go to James’ office once again, a day full of unpleasant conversations awaited me.

"And we will meet again. Forever in our minds sweet Sarah. Blessed be, may you return to us fast. " The priestess closed her book and smiled at me. I had decided to let "our" ceremony be leaded by a high priestess, my aunt had been quite fascinated with the Wicca culture. I smiled back and placed the lily I was holding on her coffin. "El Cajon. " I mumbled with a smile. That was the first word my aunt taught me after she returned from Spain. I was 5 at the time. It meant the coffin. My parents weren’t exactly thrilled she taught me those creepy words, but I only found it funny. I closed my eyes and hugged her one more time in my thoughts. She smiled and placed a kiss on my forehead, I swear I felt her lips.. I opened my eyes and took the hand the priestess had out for me. Together we walked away from the graveyard.

The next few days went by even faster. The guys helped me with the organizing of my aunt’s stuff. Most of it went to charity. Because all of these serious situations, the guys and I bonded quite a lot. I felt close to all of them. I was planning something. I didn’t tell them yet though. First I had to go to Portugal to take a look at the other house. I was going to sell that though. I didn’t want to have to fly out for every little thing that could be wrong with it. I was currently packing my bags, the guys were driving me to the airport.

"Now, drive safe.. don’t go with strangers.. and be back here soon ya hear!? " Dico said crushing my bones. I laughed. "I’m not driving sweetie.. played mortal combat again today? I told you that shit is bad for your brain! " I said sticking my tongue out at him. He rolled his eyes and laughed. I hugged all the other guys too. "Later babe, come back in one piece okay? " Novak said with a wink. I laughed but nodded "I’ll try my best Novie. " Bam was last. What’s new.. the guy always needs to be special, first or last.. I taunt him a lot about that, if he’d hear my thoughts he’d kill me. *grin*. "Be careful okay? Call us when you get there. " He whispered in my ear. I smiled and nodded. "You know I will.. " The speaker called my plane and I left to go trough the terminal. I waved and left.