Status: Done :)

Lips Like Morphine

Chapter thirty five

Part thirty five:

We were still about ten minutes away from the hospital. I decided that I didn’t want my birthday to just pass unnoticed. "Hey April..? " She glanced at me before returning her attention to the road again. "Yeah sweetie? " I smiled. "Do you have work tomorrow? " She thought for a moment. "Only in the morning. I have to go in and check up on a few things. " My smile grew wider. "What do you say about a girls day..? Shopping and to the beauty salon or something? " She laughed. "That sounds fun.. how did this idea form? " I thought for a sec. "If you don’t tell Bam or anyone.. " She looked confused.. "I won’t. " The smile returned to my face. "Good, tomorrow kinda is my birthday.. And I think I deserve some pampering after this stupid thing on my leg for six weeks.. " I quickly said after it. She shrieked. "WHAT!? How can you not tell us!? Oh this is going to be so much fun!! " She started rambling. "But why can’t the guys know? " She looked confused again. I snickered a bit. "I just don’t want them to throw an insane party or something.. not that I think I’m that important.. but look at what they did for the "Housewarming".. It was fun, but I don’t think I’m ready for something like that again. I’m not that big on my birthday.. I like it small and simple. And the guys being away, is actually a nice plus. That way I don’t have to sneak or lie or anything. We can just do something together.. " She sighed. "That’s too bad.. I like birthday celebrations.. but okay, we’ll do something together. "

~April’s POV~
"But okay.. we’ll do something together.. " I said with a smile. We were almost at the hospital now. I could call the guys while she got her cast off. What? I did not promise I wouldn’t tell and besides.. No birthday should go by uncelebrated. And I almost knew for sure that Bam had a little crush on her.. Guess I now know where Bam’s talent to find loopholes came from.. "We’re here sweetie. " I said ushering her out of the car. We were a bit late. When we walked into the waiting room, the nurse just called her name. "Yes! " Hell went over to her as quickly as she could. I laughed. She really hated those crutches. Though they did come in handy when she needed to slap one of the guys. That happened a lot over the past few weeks. I waved as Hell disappeared trough the doors. When she was out of sight, I got out my cell phone and called Bam. "Yellow? " He said happily. "Bam.. it’s me. Do you have a minute? " It was silent for a min. I think he stepped into another room. "Yah, what’s up mom? " I smiled, he still called me mom when we were alone, that was really sweet. "I just found out that it is Hell’s birthday tomorrow. She is getting her cast off now. But she didn’t want you guys to know because she didn’t want a huge party or anything. But I don’t think it should go by unnoticed.. " I said hinting for him to do something. "Hell no! That ain’t happening.. But why didn’t she want a party? " I shrugged. "I don’t know.. she said she just isn’t that big on her birthday.. so I think we should respect that. But we could at least do something right? She’s asked me to go with her on a girls day tomorrow, so we’ll be busy, but can’t you call in some help from someone..? To have some gifts or anything ready for her when we get back? I’d hate it if it would be like any other day.. " He was silent. "Yeah.. I think I can manage something.. But she’ll get it once we get back. Thinking she could sneak this one passed us. I’ll see you in a week okay? " I smiled. That’s my boy. "Yeah.. don’t go all out on this okay? She just wants it simple.. But do something nice.. " He agreed. "yeah.. okay, thanks mom.. I think this actually is the first time you’ve helped me in one of my schemes.. " He said laughing. I smiled. "For everything’s a first, but I have to go.. Hell’s coming out again. Love you.. " "Love you too. " We both hung up and I smiled at Hell. "So how does that feel? " She laughed. "One cast lighter in body weight.. " I laughed with her and we stepped outside.

~Your POV~
"Sit down Miss.. " The doctor said. He was quite young.. I noticed. "Exited to get this off? " He said with a smile. I nodded. "Could you keep it.. kinda in one piece though? I have a lot of autographs on there that I want to keep. " He laughed. "Yes, I noticed.. Atreyu right? " He said examining it. I nodded with a smile. "Yes, indeed.. So I do want to keep it. " He nodded "That can be arranged.. if you’d take off.. those pants.. " He said with a flirty smile. That threw me off a little. He was young.. but he looked a bit, preppy. Like the guys with those sweaters tied around their necks. Those people who play Golf And talk like they have a hot potato stuck in their throat. Though he did know Atreyu.. Ah, whatever, he’s creapy. I did as he said though, and soon I was released of that prison around my leg. It was only a bit thinner since the last time I saw it. He started talking again. "So you like Atreyu huh? " He said walking back to a drawer and getting something out. "Yeah, they are a fucking cool band.. and they-" My sentence was cut short by a sharp pain in my ankle. The doctor happily held up a bloody steel pin. " Sorry, had to get that one out.. " He said with a grin. "Holy mother fucker of-!" I yelled. "Couldn’t that be done with some kind of painkiller!? " He shook his head. A lot of lost time for a short procedure.. would you like to take this home with you? " I shook my head so fast I thought It’d come off. "Hell no! Keep that shit! " (Seriously, this happened to me when I broke my ankle.. including the no painkiller procedure.. THAT FUCKING HURTS!) He shrugged and bandaged my ankle. "This has to stay on for at least a week, then the bleeding should have stopped. He said patting it lightly when he was done. I nodded and hopped of the bed. "Accidentally" on his foot. I made sure I put my full weight on there. So he would be sorry for that "short procedure" He yelped and muttered some curses. I grinned sheepishly. "Sorry.. " He smiled a bitter smile. "Don’t worry about it.. Make sure you rest that ankle enough.. " He looked like he just bit a lemon. I smiled and nodded. I limped out of the room with one crutch and my cast under my arm. Seeing as my leg hadn’t been used for six weeks, I would have to learn how to walk properly again. I smiled at April when I saw her.

"So.. " She said once we neared her house. "Do you want to stay with Phil and me? Or stay at Bam’s house. God knows your welcome to stay with us, but I’d image you want back your privacy by now.. " She said with a smile. I nodded. "I’ll go back to Bam’s place. That way you and Phil can have some time for yourselves again. " I said with a wink. Her cheeks turned a light pink. "You don’t have to.. you know that.. " I laughed. "It’s fine April, just let me get my stuff and I’ll be out.

After April dropped me off at Bam’s place with my stuff I walked in with the key she gave me. I sat down my stuff at the door again and looked around. Weird, being in someone’s house while that someone is in Hawaii. A smirk overtook my face.. If that someone is in Hawaii, he surely can’t catch you going trough his stuff! I laughed to myself and went upstairs to examine all the guys rooms. This was going to be a fun night. After I raided Dunn’s room, where not much interesting could be find, I decided to call Bam again. "JUP! " He yelled into the phone. I cringed. "Gees ass, a little softer will ya? No pictures taken. Did keep my cast though.. with the beautiful picture you drew on it.. " I laughed. He laughed too. He had drawn a big design on the foot of my cast. Heartagrams everywhere of course. I told him about the creepy doctor who pulled the pin out without any painkiller. He put me on speaker by now. "GNARLY! " The guys cheered. I laughed. "Ah fuck you.. It hurt like a bitch. " They all laughed. I smirked. "Hah.. you wouldn’t be laughing if you knew where I am right now.. " I said with my smirk growing by the second. It fell silent.. "Where.. " Raab’s voice sounded scared. I laughed. "Well Raabie.. Currently I’m standing in the hallway. Debating on which room to raid first.. Yours.. or Novak’s. "Got rid of any toxic waste you’ve got laying around here Novie? " I said. The guys all started yelling. "You wouldn’t! " Bam’s voice sounded above them all. I laughed again. "Believe me.. I would.. I hope you are good at hiding interesting stuff! " They groaned. "Hell!? I’m back! " April’s voice sounded trough the house. Bam laughed. "See! You’re bluffing.. I knew you were still at Ape’s! " I decided to play along, to avoid any future payback. "Shit.. " I groaned. The guys all laughed. "Well, I’m off guys, I’m dead tired.. so i’m going to sleep. I’ll talk to you later maybe.. and otherwise, see you next week okay? " I said with a smile. "Yeah, later Hell! " They yelled. I laughed. "Night guys. " I hung up and met April downstairs.